2003 Sentra

2003 Nissan Sentra

$612 - $6,184  MSRP Range
2003 Nissan Sentra

3.8

Have You Driven the 2003 Nissan Sentra?

Reliable and Economical Sedan

by Dolfan from New Jersey on Wed Oct 21 2015

After a couple of experiences with an unreliable Ford Escort and a Chevy Beretta whose engine quit after 128,000 miles, I was looking for a car that would both be reliable and last for many years. Enter the Nissan Sentra. I purchased a 2003 Sentra brand new and I am still driving it almost 13 years later. It is now approaching 300,000 miles and still going strong. The best feature of this car has been it's reliability over time. There have been some repairs over the years that is expected as a car gets older and I did have to replace the head gasket which was covered under the warranty. Over all, however, I have been pleasantly surprised at how well the car has run for so long. It gets excellent gas mileage too. It's not the fanciest car around, but so what? It is an economical car that gets you where you want to go and is ideal for small families. It is very reasonable to purchase and maintain. I have used it for commuting to work and driven it all over the country on vacations. I intend to continue driving it as long as possible.

I loved my Zippy!

by J9 from Islip, NY on Tue May 10 2016

I had the 2.5 Limited Edition and this car has been one for the record books. It is really fun to drive! Great handling and acceleration. The LE trim level gave me some really great add ons, like the sound system, leather steering wheel and moonroof. Lasted me 13 years (192K Miles), and the only reason I did not make it go longer was that I needed a car with more safety features and room for a growing family.

My Nissan Sentra SR

by Dell from Smithdale,Ms on Fri Aug 04 2006

I drive this Sentra to work 3 days a week total of 110 miles round trip.The Sentra gets appox. 30miles per gallon.The car is a pleasure to drive.Ihave seventy thousand on it now, no trouble at all. Iwas amazed at the power this car has.I understand the SR has a larger motor than a standard Sentra. I love this Car! I am a 65 y/o female and have owned many cars,this one is at yhe top of my list.

O.K car for college

by 03nissan from Hawley on Wed Nov 01 2017

This car did its job for bringing me to and from college. However, the cruise cut out and the serpentine belt has been squeaky. Overall it was an O.K car for college

Does not recommend this car!!

no major problems

by Duke from Daytona on Fri Aug 24 2018

great value for the money, excellent economy, fun to drive, factory camshaft/crankshaft position sensor weak ($25.00 anywhere) get an aftermarket, factory blower motor fan rheostat chip weak ($10.. on line)

been great

by gas saver from idaho on Sun Nov 28 2010

we bought ours for 350 dollars with 140k on it we haven't had to do hardly anything to it and it runs like a champ great gas mileage. not a lot of power but does great for the power it does have will buy another for a commuter car

Great economy, reliability long term

by KenM from Central Massachusetts on Sun May 01 2011

I bought a 2003 Sentra GXE 1.8 new. I have 110,000 miles on it, and have near-nothing but routine maintenance. We did have to replace the ignition keyswitch, the battery last year, and the belts. I gave it new plugs and filters @ 100,000 miles, runs like a Swiss watch. In winter I run 4 actual snow tires, and get around better than a AWD on all-season tires. It have never once left us stranded. Handles like a go kart, stops well. Though a little underpowered, that makes it a good starter car and/or economy commuter. The "GXE Road Trip" package gave us 7-spkr 180W stereo, sounds great. Would buy again.

First Nissan, Maybe My Last

by Rick from Raleigh,NC on Tue Jun 29 2010

I bought this car used and wished I had done more research on it. The head gasket blew at 80k miles. I found out that many Sentras had a problem with head gaskets going after 65k. It seems a large batch of engines were assembled with defective gaskets. Nissan didn't remedy this with a recall as the failures happened after the drivetrain warranty expired. Do yourself a favor, don't take a chance, buy a different car.

Does not recommend this car!!

98K miles and never in the shop

by 03 Sentra from Texas on Tue Nov 25 2008

for anything other than an oil change and new tires. I love this car! With only a 1.8L it has tons of get-up-and-go. I've even raced it against a Olds Alero 6cyl. and my sentra left it like it was nothing! I can't say enough great things about my car.

I'm at 202000 miles and still going strong

by Nissan owner from Chadds Ford, PA on Fri Aug 28 2015

I bought this car in 2006 with 30000 miles on it. I've fixed a few minor things here and there. It has its quirks - like an engine light that is always on, after I've fixed the O2 sensor three times. But I just don't fix the sensor anymore - I've learned to live with the engine light being on, and now I'm at 202000 miles with very little in the way of repairs. Great car. Back seat is tight, get a bigger car if you have a lot of of people to haul around - but I never really did, so it worked really well for me.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2003 Nissan Sentra

Nissan's entry into the world of tuned sport compacts is back after a long hiatus, so long that many young drivers forget there ever was a hot Sentra SE-R way back in 1990-94.

The latest version, which was new for 2002, takes a placid little four-door sedan and turns it into a fast-running, quick-handling street machine with lots of style and power. It's done right, and with the optional "audio fanatic" stereo system, it's what a performance enthusiast might dream of building with enough time, skill and money.

As it is, the SE-R is priced at a fairly reasonable $17,199 before options and shipping. That makes it a mighty appealing package for someone who could spend many thousands more... Read More