2004 Nissan Sentra

Reliable, Good MPG, 13 years and still runs Great!

by from Fresno, CA on August 30, 2017

Bought this car used in 2007 for a long commute for my doctorate. Has more than exceeded my expectations. Has 140k miles on it and still runs like a champ. Started as my commuter car, then took the wife and I on several Loooooong trips (Mexico, SoCal every other weekend) to save gas on the Mercedes and Pilot, then my daughters high school car and now back to me as a commuter car. Oil change every 5k, repaint at 120k, new tires on schedule and A/C repair at 110k. Compared to my Mercedes and BMW this car has very inexpensive engine repairs. Also has been in 3 minor accidents (Fender benders) and still runs great. I plan on keeping this car to 200k with some interior work to keep it looking descent. Lots of good memoires with our "Putt-Putt" but its been great for us. We life in Fresno so the ice cold AC is crucial....no problems. Hope this review helps.

A very sturdy and reliable car

by from Phoenix, az on July 12, 2017

Everything functioned fine and was my reliable transportation from work and home for several years. It is a comfortable ride and does great on gas. The cruise control is also a great feature.

Great car but has a lot of cons

by from Atlanta, GA on July 4, 2017

The SE-R Spec V is a great driving 6 speed 4 cylinder very fast for a small Sentra love the car so far had problems with crankshaft camshaft sensors.

Uses car for Havingfun

Very reliable car..one of the best in used cars

by on July 3, 2017

Bought this car 3 yrs ago. Have not found any issues so far. No engine sound as well and fun to drive. Worth its price!!

I've owned many Nissans since my first Datsun 210

by from Arlington on May 29, 2017

I have always enjoyed owning and driving a Nissan. I have two Sentras, one Quest and one Datsun 210. I currently do not have the pleasure of owning a vehicle. But one day soon. Thank you.

Excellent car

by from Richmond VA on January 16, 2017

With 278,000 miles purchased new in 2003....I am EXTREMELY happy with my purchase. On the downside the interior cloth is cheap and stains easily even from my water bottle dripping on the way to the gym. Sure I've done some maintenance over the years but nothing extraordinary considering the mileage. I am JUST going to need to replace the rear brakes! And most all of my indicator bulbs in the cabin have burnt out. HOWEVER...I am a WOMAN who has a few tools and a couple mechanic friends. ..I have been encouraged and watched YouTube videos and learned to do simple things, like changing the air filter in the engine. This has saved me A LOT of money! The car has a great owner's manual and the engine compartment is pretty easy to navigate. Sure I'd like more power...but my 1.8 engine gets me where I need to go and CONSISTENTLY gets 30 mpg! I LOVE my Sentra! I would definitely recommend buying one...it's a great value car. Oh yeah...BIG trunk and roomy interior.

300k and still going only on my 2nd set of brakes.

by from Mississippi on April 26, 2016

I have never really done anything to the car, besides tires, one set of brakes, and on my 3rd battery. Changed plugs and belts at 200k and the old ones looked fine.

Good economy car

by from new york, NY on July 15, 2014

i bought this car new back in 2003. it was a 1.8S with manual transmission. Only paid 12.5k out the door price. At 120k miles the head gasket went,that cost me $800. 60k miles cd player stop working,good thing for the aux input i just use my mp3 player. 140k miles replace the clutch and one rear wheel bearing. 150k miles replace all spark plugs. 200k miles replace all 4 strut and its my third set of tires. The front brake been replace 3 times and the rear brake still original. The engine runs great . it does not burn oil i been using mobile 1 oil every 5k miles.i would not be surprise the car will last to 300k miles..Right now i have 205K miles on it..

Super Reliable

by from Toronto on April 13, 2014

We bought this car back in 2008 with about 25 thousand KM on the odometer. Now it currently has about 250,000KM! My dad bought this car, expecting it to only last about three years or so, but its actually managed to last 7 years (with high KM) and pretty much no problems. However, I honestly hate this car. It looks really....bad and the interior is really cheap, also I cannot fit into it properly ( I am 6'1 and my dad is 5.3). The engine is so-so, its not amazing, but its enough to get you from A to B. I have mixed feelings about this car, on one hand, its super reliable, and gets great gas mileage, but on the other hand, its kinda slow, small and does not look that great. If you need something reliable just to get you from here to there (or if you want to teach your kid how to drive) i suggest buying this car, if not, look at something else.

Good all rounder

by from Philliadelipha, PA on November 28, 2011

I bought and SE-R Spec V, it's quick and has good gas (~22mpg). The car handle well so it feels safe on the road, athough the wheels can spin a bit on less grippy surfaces in a straight line. The inside and outside aren't anything special, you can hardly tell the difference between this model and the standard ones. The engine is very reliable, there are plenty of cars with 200k on them. The only downside is I assume people think there for kids. Mines yellow which makes it easy for people to see, hopefully that will be good from a saftey point of view.