2004 Sentra

2004 Nissan Sentra

$565 - $6,661  MSRP Range
2004 Nissan Sentra

4.2

Have You Driven the 2004 Nissan Sentra?

Great Car

by cars cars cars from roxbury, nj on Thu Feb 17 2011

I had bought a 2004 nissan sentra previously owned with 35k miles on it. And I have to say this car has been great. I mean dont get me wrong there has been a few little things but has cost me like nothing as long as you keep up on the matnaince it will never let you down. This car is great on gas and it really helps my pocket since I drive alot. The interior has stood up to a lots being the kids animals or even me spilling something. Overall I say it is a great car to have......

Good all rounder

by Sentra Owner from Philliadelipha, PA on Mon Nov 28 2011

I bought and SE-R Spec V, it's quick and has good gas (~22mpg). The car handle well so it feels safe on the road, athough the wheels can spin a bit on less grippy surfaces in a straight line. The inside and outside aren't anything special, you can hardly tell the difference between this model and the standard ones. The engine is very reliable, there are plenty of cars with 200k on them. The only downside is I assume people think there for kids. Mines yellow which makes it easy for people to see, hopefully that will be good from a saftey point of view.

300k and still going only on my 2nd set of brakes.

by ke5kbg from Mississippi on Tue Apr 26 2016

I have never really done anything to the car, besides tires, one set of brakes, and on my 3rd battery. Changed plugs and belts at 200k and the old ones looked fine.

Super Reliable

by Rusty from Toronto on Sun Apr 13 2014

We bought this car back in 2008 with about 25 thousand KM on the odometer. Now it currently has about 250,000KM! My dad bought this car, expecting it to only last about three years or so, but its actually managed to last 7 years (with high KM) and pretty much no problems. However, I honestly hate this car. It looks really....bad and the interior is really cheap, also I cannot fit into it properly ( I am 6'1 and my dad is 5.3). The engine is so-so, its not amazing, but its enough to get you from A to B. I have mixed feelings about this car, on one hand, its super reliable, and gets great gas mileage, but on the other hand, its kinda slow, small and does not look that great. If you need something reliable just to get you from here to there (or if you want to teach your kid how to drive) i suggest buying this car, if not, look at something else.

Good economy car

by Fuji from new york, NY on Tue Jul 15 2014

i bought this car new back in 2003. it was a 1.8S with manual transmission. Only paid 12.5k out the door price. At 120k miles the head gasket went,that cost me $800. 60k miles cd player stop working,good thing for the aux input i just use my mp3 player. 140k miles replace the clutch and one rear wheel bearing. 150k miles replace all spark plugs. 200k miles replace all 4 strut and its my third set of tires. The front brake been replace 3 times and the rear brake still original. The engine runs great . it does not burn oil i been using mobile 1 oil every 5k miles.i would not be surprise the car will last to 300k miles..Right now i have 205K miles on it..

Overall a great car!!!

by All about the imports!! from new jersey on Mon Aug 22 2011

Specifically got this car to learn how to drive a manual and did its job very well. Even though its a 1.8S, it takes off really quick in 1st gear and is GREAT on gas. Only major problem I had was the fuel pump which caused the car to struggle to start, but once I changed it, never had another problem since. The exterior (in my opinion) looks nice with some potential. The interior is kinda crammed in the back and the seats are pretty stiff but besides that, the car is great. I put some HIDs on the headlights and tints on the windows to improve the exterior.

Excellent car

by Happycamper from Richmond VA on Mon Jan 16 2017

With 278,000 miles purchased new in 2003....I am EXTREMELY happy with my purchase. On the downside the interior cloth is cheap and stains easily even from my water bottle dripping on the way to the gym. Sure I've done some maintenance over the years but nothing extraordinary considering the mileage. I am JUST going to need to replace the rear brakes! And most all of my indicator bulbs in the cabin have burnt out. HOWEVER...I am a WOMAN who has a few tools and a couple mechanic friends. ..I have been encouraged and watched YouTube videos and learned to do simple things, like changing the air filter in the engine. This has saved me A LOT of money! The car has a great owner's manual and the engine compartment is pretty easy to navigate. Sure I'd like more power...but my 1.8 engine gets me where I need to go and CONSISTENTLY gets 30 mpg! I LOVE my Sentra! I would definitely recommend buying one...it's a great value car. Oh yeah...BIG trunk and roomy interior.

Reliable, Good MPG, 13 years and still runs Great!

by USC Maximus Decimus Meridius from Fresno, CA on Wed Aug 30 2017

Bought this car used in 2007 for a long commute for my doctorate. Has more than exceeded my expectations. Has 140k miles on it and still runs like a champ. Started as my commuter car, then took the wife and I on several Loooooong trips (Mexico, SoCal every other weekend) to save gas on the Mercedes and Pilot, then my daughters high school car and now back to me as a commuter car. Oil change every 5k, repaint at 120k, new tires on schedule and A/C repair at 110k. Compared to my Mercedes and BMW this car has very inexpensive engine repairs. Also has been in 3 minor accidents (Fender benders) and still runs great. I plan on keeping this car to 200k with some interior work to keep it looking descent. Lots of good memoires with our "Putt-Putt" but its been great for us. We life in Fresno so the ice cold AC is crucial....no problems. Hope this review helps.

I've owned many Nissans since my first Datsun 210

by Melisa loves Nissans from Arlington on Mon May 29 2017

I have always enjoyed owning and driving a Nissan. I have two Sentras, one Quest and one Datsun 210. I currently do not have the pleasure of owning a vehicle. But one day soon. Thank you.

A very sturdy and reliable car

by Yreyes from Phoenix, az on Wed Jul 12 2017

Everything functioned fine and was my reliable transportation from work and home for several years. It is a comfortable ride and does great on gas. The cruise control is also a great feature.

1 2 3