2006 Nissan Sentra

very reliable car

by from Hendersonville. NC on October 5, 2012

I bought my 2006 Sentra in 2008 with 32000 miles. I have kept the oil changed and routine maintenance up to date and am still very happy with this car. I live in NC but have taken this car all the way from Northern Maine in the winter (-36 degrees) to Miami Florida in the summer. It now has 178,000 miles on it and I have not had any major mechanical problems. I will drive it until I can't drive it any more! Then, I will get another one!

2006 1.8S Special Edition

by from San Antonio, Tx on June 13, 2009

46,000 Miles not one service issue I've driven Nissans for years (6 in the 16 years, All purchased new)and this is the only one that has been problem free. Mind you the others have not been nightmares in fact the issues were minimal. It is the least expensive car I have owned in years but the value is strong. Long equipment list, lacking only a couple items that were on my '03 Altima. I bought this car before I retired from the Air Force as an interim vehicle, maybe 2 years tops. I've found no reason to replace it and after almost 4 years I really have no clock on replacing it. I take care of it, it takes care of me. It's not fast but it's not supposed to be. It gets good mileage. The styling while not cutting edge exiting has the advantage that Vanilla styling has always had, I doesn't become dated real quickly. The interior is simple but usably laid out, one note, the Cup holder blocks access to the 6 disc changer. I listen to music louder that my 20 year old son and the 350watt system has never disappointed, It won't thump base two blocks away but it has plenty inside the car. It is not a boulevard prowler pouncing on lesser creatures but that not it's intent. It is a compact efficient family car designed for reasonable comfort, good mileage, and reliability and that it does very well.

great little nissan

by from texas on January 4, 2011

pros: great dashboard layout and engine compartment layout great mpg and front seats decent power for small sedan big trunk cons: small rear seats steel rims with hubs standard cup holders

Quick, reliable, and lower cost

by from Chicago, IL on May 21, 2011

This is my third Nissan .. I always loved the stainless steel exhaust and easy oil change. I purchased the Sentra over the Corolla because the Corolla interior looked cheap. I passed on the Civic because I found the digital speed display really annoying. But mainly, I chose the Sentra because I got more power and a great deal. In 5 years, I experienced no problems, no squeaks or rattles, and the gas mileage is still great. The only negative is the rear seating is tight, but adults still could fit back there ok.

It may not be a bmw but its an amazing car

by from Colorado on April 12, 2012

I purchased this car in 2007 used. It had 29000 miles on it. I've been driving it since and it has 67250 miles on it. Never took it to a shop, never broke done, haven't lost power. It's a good car I drive really fast and i've done 112 miles per hour in it. It's good on gas also especially if you do a lot of highway driving. If you are for a roomy quick nice looking sedan for around 5000-6000 dollar sentras are good cars.

Such a sweet little car

by from UT on May 2, 2012

06 nissan sentra is a great car. I highly recommend it to whoever is looking for a used car. It gets ok gas milage, If you drive with normal you can get around 35 miles per gallon. It runs pretty well. I haven't had any problems with it other than the fuel pump that needs to be replaced. I've had it for 3 years now and haven't gone to shop even once.

Sentra SE-R Spec-V

by from Barksdale AFB, LA on October 17, 2006

First time owning a Nissan. Incredibly fun to drive. Great handling. The 6-speed, short throw shift is a blast. It really throws you back in your seat, and keeps you coming back for more. Good MPG too. Could not make as sharp of a turn as my ZX2 could (making parking a bit more difficult), and the cup holders are a bit oddly, inconveinient (forgive my spelling). The pros defintately outweigh the few cons.

great buy!

by from fort worth on July 26, 2011

bought this car in november 2010 with 85000 miles on it, got it well below market value(few grand)! now 9 months and just over 10k miles later it has been a great little car. This is my 3rd nissan and i have loved them all, this doesnt get the 40mpg my 96 sentra with a weedeater engine and 270k miles got but it runs just as well rides better than any car ive had and it returns me approx 30mpg (because of the ethanol in gas now) it does have a slightly small backseat and the cup holders are in a bad spot but its nothing major and it wont dazzle on the take off but for a small 4 banger it has some punch (1.8s) nissans are great veichles i recommend any good used or new nissan to anyone

Good Car

by from new york on March 1, 2017

Bought my 06 sentra ser spec v two years ago and it has been a dream, fun car to drive and very easy to work on. i definitely recommend it.

Reliable

by from Chicago, IL on October 6, 2009

Have had no problems with my Nissan so far. Smooth ride and handles well. Only issue is 2 cup holders in front of cd changer......don't spill!!