2008 Nissan Sentra

Nissan Sentra 2008 Reliable and little more

by from ComwellCT on November 12, 2009

I reviewed the Honda Civic and The Nissan Sentra and found out the following: The Honda was rated higher overall, however, the parking brake would rub up against my right leg and I felt the front end was non existent, could not see the the hood, I'm 5-11. So I decided on the Sentra. After 16 months of driving 29K the front seats are not comfortable, no back support and the tires have a very low rating of 3.0. I don't think I will make 35k. Gas miles - I have driven 38 mpg on the highway 28-31 in the city. I owned a DATSUN in 1978 and I can say the metal is just like a DATSUN, thin, check the rear quarter panels. This car provides me transportation at inexpensive costs and no extra maintenance bills, it's reliable. That's what I wanted. You cannot see the trunk, well maybe just bearly, but not enough to judge the back end when backing up. The gear shift sticks out a little the knob is a little too big. Could be in the way of the controls , radio, heat a/c. I plan to keep the car for 200k. At a start the engine is loud at 2100 -2300 rpm's keep at 2000k and it runs fine, very good CVT. Need an extra key you can only get it from Nissan.

Interior Falls apart , poor service policies

by from Cary, NC on August 22, 2009

I bought this car in 2008 new. My commute is 35 miles one way, and we use this as our primary car.We have taken it on a couple of long trips. We put over 36000 miles in the first year and 3 months. I change the oil every 6000 miles. Mechanically it is holding up with no engine or transmission problems, but the interior is falling apart after a year. Kickpanels won't stay attached, the soundproofing under the passenger side will not stay up and keeps falling down, the mirror broke on the passenger visor (They would not fix, see below). All of these were taken to the dealer, but remain broken because they simply are poor design. WARNING: Once you hit 36000 miles, NISSAN abandons you. I took the car at 30K and asked for the molding on the sunroof to be replaced. They had to order the part. When I returned at 36139 miles, they said NISSAN would not allow them to install the part since I was out of warranty! It took all day and several phone calls to get the NISSAN Area Rep to approve the repair. This was not a dealer policy but NISSAN. I would not recommend this car because you will regret having a car that embaresses you when friends get inside and dealing with NISSAN on repairs will be exhausting.

Best car in its class

by from NJ on February 29, 2008

My wife and I purchased the 2008 Sentra SL a couple of weeks ago. We compared the Honda Civic and Mazda3. After researching all three cars, we decided on the Sentra. We love the roomy interior, bluetooth, CVT, leather seats, satellite radio, quiet ride, sunroof. The only things that I would like to have seen are more illuminated light switches and door locks that have a timer. I alway forget to lock the doors when I'm driving.

2008 Sentra

by from Atlanta, Ga on October 26, 2008

I love this car. For the money it is stylish. Very reliable, and good on gas. The dealer was happy to work with me and give me the price I needed. It would be nice if the base car came with a few more luxury items, cruise control, and remote mirrors, but this is an economy car, and it is what it is. So far I have had a fun time driving it and it moves through traffic with ease. I enjoy the CVT transmission.

Great value

by from Texas on July 1, 2008

We've had our Sentra S for over a month now and am completely satisfied with our purchase. The car handles extremely well, is responsive and is getting 28 mpg city and 36 hwy. We compared it to the Fusion and Focus which had their good points but overall the Sentra sold itself. A couple small points take some time to adjust to. The door handle and door lock are so close together that its easy to bump the lock and lock yourself out. Thats happened twice. A glare from the dash on the windshield during the day in certain conditions is distracting. Both items I can live with. The indash information center is great. Wish they included auto headlamps and keyless entry

I Am Very Pleased

by from Newport News, VA on February 25, 2008

This is the first car I've bought New. My previous car was a 2000 Sentra. I definately did my homework when searching for a new car. I took my time and test drove competitors before I made my final decision on the 2008 Sentra. The Senta had everything I wanted and more. I love the way the Sentra drives and how responsive the brakes are. I hate having to push the brake down far for it to start slowing down. My 2000 Sentra had been very reliable, so I know that I am in good hands with my 2008 Sentra. I LOVE the remodeled look of the 2008. It looks so much more classy and clean. I totally enjoy my Intelligent Key (I used to lock myself out often). The CVT works soo well. I used be annoyed by the feel of shift change. Now my rides are continuously smooth. It does a wonderful job of keeping outside noise out. I was suprised to see how spacious it is compared to competitors. I do not like the feeling of being cramped in my own car, and I surely do not have that problem in the Sentra. I can hardly find anything wrong with it. The 2008 Sentra is well worth it.

Car Shopping

by from Jarresttsville Md. on December 18, 2014

Great experience with the salesperson Christine from the time we stepped onto the lot until the time we bought the car.The Nissian Sentra is a good car for comfort and good gas milage as well.I like the way its sits up for good visibility.

Great Car

by from Vancouver on December 10, 2007

Just bought a SER Sentra with the 2.5 engine. What a great car to drive and enjoy. Lots of power,good brakes,comfortable and quiet. Value for money is the best ....I compared and this car wins.

First car I've owned

by from Houston, tx on March 29, 2017

Great first car. It's low maintenance and drove very well when it was first purchased. If kept up well, it will last you a while.

Best car I've owned

by from Omaha, NE on April 4, 2017

Very few issues with my nissan. Basic model doesn't have cruise, which is all I would change. Seems to be inexpensive to repair.

Our Expert Review: 2008 Nissan Sentra