Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2008 Sentra

2008 Nissan Sentra

2008 Nissan Sentra

4.3

4 out of 5 stars Comfort
4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2008 Nissan Sentra?

2008 Sentra

by Rusty from Atlanta, Ga on Sun Oct 26 2008

I love this car. For the money it is stylish. Very reliable, and good on gas. The dealer was happy to work with me and give me the price I needed. It would be nice if the base car came with a few more luxury items, cruise control, and remote mirrors, but this is an economy car, and it is what it is. So far I have had a fun time driving it and it moves through traffic with ease. I enjoy the CVT transmission.

Great value

by James from Texas on Tue Jul 01 2008

We've had our Sentra S for over a month now and am completely satisfied with our purchase. The car handles extremely well, is responsive and is getting 28 mpg city and 36 hwy. We compared it to the Fusion and Focus which had their good points but overall the Sentra sold itself. A couple small points take some time to adjust to. The door handle and door lock are so close together that its easy to bump the lock and lock yourself out. Thats happened twice. A glare from the dash on the windshield during the day in certain conditions is distracting. Both items I can live with. The indash information center is great. Wish they included auto headlamps and keyless entry

I Am Very Pleased

by April86 from Newport News, VA on Mon Feb 25 2008

This is the first car I've bought New. My previous car was a 2000 Sentra. I definately did my homework when searching for a new car. I took my time and test drove competitors before I made my final decision on the 2008 Sentra. The Senta had everything I wanted and more. I love the way the Sentra drives and how responsive the brakes are. I hate having to push the brake down far for it to start slowing down. My 2000 Sentra had been very reliable, so I know that I am in good hands with my 2008 Sentra. I LOVE the remodeled look of the 2008. It looks so much more classy and clean. I totally enjoy my Intelligent Key (I used to lock myself out often). The CVT works soo well. I used be annoyed by the feel of shift change. Now my rides are continuously smooth. It does a wonderful job of keeping outside noise out. I was suprised to see how spacious it is compared to competitors. I do not like the feeling of being cramped in my own car, and I surely do not have that problem in the Sentra. I can hardly find anything wrong with it. The 2008 Sentra is well worth it.

Car Shopping

by Sports Nut from Jarresttsville Md. on Thu Dec 18 2014

Great experience with the salesperson Christine from the time we stepped onto the lot until the time we bought the car.The Nissian Sentra is a good car for comfort and good gas milage as well.I like the way its sits up for good visibility.

Great Car

by Sentra Fan from Vancouver on Mon Dec 10 2007

Just bought a SER Sentra with the 2.5 engine. What a great car to drive and enjoy. Lots of power,good brakes,comfortable and quiet. Value for money is the best ....I compared and this car wins.

This Car holds it's own

by Car Shopper Extraordinaire from St Louis on Thu Dec 13 2007

I've owned this car a little over a month/3k miles and it is a pleasure to drive. Have had dozens of cars over the last ten years or so and this is one of the nicest. This car is a great commuter car with little wind/tire noise and an overall quite and comfortable ride. Even the CVT is very nice and works well. Had an 06 Civic which I didn't like for the fact that it was low to the ground, front seat had no lumbar support, and too much wind noise at high speeds. The Sentra doesn't quite get the gas milieage of a civic but I average almost 30mpg mostly hwy so far and hoping for it to get better. The comfort level in the Sentra is also outstanting with lots of headroom and very comfortable seats even without lumbar adjustment. The Sentra also has many more nicer featers than some of its competition. The only car that even came close ride wise was the Hyundai Elantra; however, it did not have some of the tech features of the Sentra. The gadgets you shouldnt do without is the bluetooth and keyless ignition. Don't bother with the expensive stereo as it sounds almost the same as the lesser. Also, I shopped around and got a great deal. Some of the issues addressed in the 07 models about easy panel scratching I have not seen so far. I also got the beige interior which makes it harder anyway to see scratches.

2008 sentra

by ealabee from Kirtland on Thu May 17 2018

The Sentra has much more room inside than you expect and handles well in winter weather. It's been extremely reliable. When we buy a new car, we're planning to look for another Sentra.

First car I've owned

by Lauramuz from Houston, tx on Wed Mar 29 2017

Great first car. It's low maintenance and drove very well when it was first purchased. If kept up well, it will last you a while.

Great Place

by Shawn from waterbury CT on Sat Mar 01 2014

I just got my new Nissan and everyone was so nice to me and helpful. The salesman Jeffrey was so nice and helped me so much from start to finish. The Finance lady got me a great low payment. So Thank you to the Jim Juliani Motor family. I would tell everyone if they want a great car buying experience to go see you guy.

I'm pleased

by Jazzyflav from Philadelphia on Sun Mar 05 2017

I am very pleased with the service and the car. I highly recommend this company. No pressure was placed upon me. I really felt comfortable.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2008 Nissan Sentra

This review focuses on the sportiest Sentra trim level, the SE-R Spec V. I already reviewed the regular 2007 Sentra, and that model is mostly unchanged for 2008. For more on the Sentra, read that review or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

I found the redesigned 2007 Sentra a vast improvement over the prior generation, and I'd hoped the sporty SE-R and full-bore SE-R Spec V (that's spec vee, not spec five) would similarly improve on their forebears when they joined the lineup a few months later. When I track-tested a Spec V in May of last year, I was disappointed (as detailed in the accompanying video). I've now spent a week with a 2008 Spec V in typical use, and my impressions... Read More