2009 Sentra

2009 Nissan Sentra

2009 Nissan Sentra

Have you driven the 2009 Nissan Sentra?

Good reliable car, what more can I want.

by BigKahuna61 from Maryland on Mon Apr 23 2012

I own a 1991 Sentra that has over 320,000 miles and it is still running. So when I went looking I figured I couldn't do better then another Sentra. But this time I wanted a stick. So now I have the MPGs, good radio, comfort, so so looks (I think all cars look the same anymore) and more bells and whistles then I will ever need. Now if I can get 300,000 miles I will be very very happy.

nice BUT

by keith from PA on Fri Aug 24 2012

Great gas mileage, comfortable ride for price, good pickup and rides nice on back roads and highways. Only real complaint is reliability. AC gave out after 1 year (warranty repair), remote start gave out after 1 year (warranty repair), a couple switches stick (haven't had fixed), and Muffler pipe fell off at 3 years and 48k miles (not warranty repair $1088 to be repaired by dealer, and I even had the $1380 Nissan Gold plan extended warranty). Not sure if I just got a lemon. I really like the car but I was just expecting fewer problems from a new vehicle.

Does not recommend this car!!

It gets me where I'm going

by Indiana Dave from Indiana on Sun Feb 02 2014

I've owed a 2009 nissan sentra since 2010. It was a base model. Bought used with 19000 miles. Now has 50,000. I have had no problems. It starts, it runs, keeps me warm in the winter and cool in the summer. It's a small car, the ride is not the best, it's expected. I met another owner who had the exact same car as mine. She had 100,000 miles with no problems. The oil and filter is easily changed from the top side using a 12 volt marine oil pump. One thing I don't like: in cold weather the engine is noisy, like a sewing machine noisy. After it warms up its fine. I have read about this and it's either the cvt or the motor. All I knowis it's annoying. Also the cvt acts a little funky when cold. I have gotten 37mpg on the highway. I wish it had cruise control. I would buy one again although it would be a more deluxe model.

Kasper34

by JoelRi34 from Houston tx on Mon Apr 17 2017

Love the car. The car drove very smooth. I use the car for driving back and forth between work and the gym

Very Reliable

by sheilatexas from maryland on Tue Oct 03 2017

This car was purchased new, it has about 160K now, we have had no major problems. When the engine light comes on, my husband, has had it read & fixed easily. the muffler, with all Nissan, seems to work good, once we had it fixed already, but they & a lot of cars have Horrible smelling Exhaust!

Very Good Car

by Kettlaine from Spring Valley , NY on Fri Apr 14 2017

I got this car when I was in High School last year in April , I honestly love this car , very good in the snow . Only reason why I'm selling it , is because I got a new car

Totally reliable

by FriendlyTips from New Jersey on Mon Jun 05 2017

No problems, kept up maintenance and still running like the day I bought it at 109,000 miles. Comfortable and upgrades from 2009 still make it feel like a newer car.

NIssan Sentra 2009

by Bushka from Cary, NC on Mon Jul 31 2017

It's very reliable car. There is nothing to break in the basic configuration. I owned used car from 2012 to 2017 and except brakes and tires nothing was replaced. I sold it with original battery. Good car for junior driver as a first car.

Reliable

by EJHoBx from Bronx, NY on Sat Mar 31 2018

Car was picked up in an emergency situation expected to get two or three years out of it and I would have been satisfied. I'm beginning my sixth year

Car saved my life

by Deb in Indiana from Indiana on Wed Oct 12 2011

I got a great deal on a red Nissan Sentra S two years ago, since I traded in my "clunker." The Sentra gave me two years of good service, commuting 160 miles a day on Indiana highways. Indiana highways are pretty good -- easy driving. My own route was a pleasant drive through cornfields and woods. A few nights ago, while I was traveling at highway speed, a suicidal deer jumped right in front of my car. I slammed on the brakes, and hit it dead on straight. I have a snapshot memory of seeing the deer in my path, and the next thing is me pulling off to the side of the highway, wondering why there was a pillowcase in front of me. In spite of the fact that my pretty red car and the deer were both totaled, I escaped without a scratch. My angels were anti-lock brakes, airbags, and good engineering. If the Nissan guys want someone to stand up for the safety of the Sentra, they should give me a call.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2009 Nissan Sentra

Editor's note: This review was written in June 2008 about the 2008 Nissan Sentra. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2009, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

This review focuses on the sportiest Sentra trim level, the SE-R Spec V. I already reviewed the regular 2007 Sentra, and that model is mostly unchanged for 2008. For more on the Sentra, read that review or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

I found the redesigned 2007 Sentra a vast improvement over the prior generation, and I'd hoped the sporty SE-R and full-bore SE-R Spec V (that's spec vee, not spec five) would similarly improve on their... Read More