2011 Sentra

2011 Nissan Sentra

2011 Nissan Sentra

4.2

Have You Driven the 2011 Nissan Sentra?

Great Car No Body Knows About

by Car Enthusiast from Hudson, Ohio on Tue Sep 21 2010

I have driven my 2010 Sentra for over 500 miles, city and highway. Year end sale and got a great price. These are my impressions: 1) The car is extremely quiet for its size. Low road noise and low engine noise. The engine growls only under heavy acceleration. 2) The ride is excellent and comparable to many cars one class size larger. 3) Interior is roomy. The dash is brightly illuminated, but has an odd amber colored LED showing gas, engine temp odometer, etc. I eventually I got used to it. 4) Huge trunk and has 60/40 rear seats that fold flat. I wished the trunk opening was a bit larger. 5) The CVT transmission is very smooth and seems to keep the engine rpm at a specific rpm. Since there are no perceptable "shifts", you underestimate how fast you're accelerating. 6) Handles fine. Stable and secure at 70mph+. Tight turning radius. Final thoughts. Drive the Corolla and Civic, then drive the Sentra. You'll be surprized.

Great little car

by iron petal from Rockford, IL on Wed Nov 10 2010

I am driving this car for a rental car for a week. Wow, what a surprise. It's a 2011 with only 250 miles. It has more horse power that other 4 cylinders I have driven. I had to make a quick emergency stop today and it really came through. I am now looking at this car for the 16 year old that will be driving soon.

Had the car a day and love it!!

by Georgia Peach from Atlanta, GA on Sun Jan 23 2011

Nissan has some great incentives right now and I jumped and bought my THIRD Sentra since 1991 yesterday. The Sentra's new CVT transmission is unreal.....it is the same transmission they use in the Nissan Altima and Consumer Reports ranks this CVT top of the line for mid-size cars. You don't even feel the car shifting gears!! Nissan threw in a 96 month bumper to bumper warranty for 1400 dollars, which gives me peace of mind. I am pleased with the features of the 2011 Sentra and it feels much like my 2004 Sentra I used to trade in on this. I needed a car with cruise control as my '04 did not have it. This new Sentra has the 2.0 liter engine so is peppier than the '04's 1.8 liter engine. Overall I am very pleased with my choice. You can't go wrong with a Nissan!!! -----Reviwer in Atlanta, GA

LOVE my new little car!!

by Jenn from va on Sun Mar 20 2011

I love my Sentra SL!! It comes with an in dash nav system and it works great! I love that it has a USB port for my iPhone! I was looking in to this car, a corolla, and a mazda3, I decided to go with the sentra because for the price I got a lot more with the sentra. I like the way it drives and I feel like it handles very well. I only gave three stars for comfort because I have a lower back injury and the driver's seat seems to upset my back quite a bit... but, other than that it's an awesome car for me and my 1 year old to get around town.

My first Nissan

by Toyota lover from Ohio on Mon Aug 22 2011

This is my first time purchasing a Nissan. I purchased it as new in March 2011. For the last 10 years I have owned Toyota vehicles. I compared the Nissan Sentra and Toyota Corolla. My choice came down to price. I was able to get a 2011 Sentra S for about the same price as the closeout 2010 Corolla. The Sentra has a smooth ride, except on very bumpy rodes. The seats seem to be comfortable. Even the rear seats seem very comfortable. I do have upper and lower back problems but since I don't drive far, I haven't noticed much problem. I do wish that the driver's seat had an adjustable lumbar support. I like the CVT transmission. You do have to adjust to it. The CVT is nice when you are getting on the highway. The engine will rev high but if you keep the gas pedal down, the transmission will allow the car to get up to speed pretty quickly before going into overdrive. The Sentra seems to handle well on the road. I haven't had the chance to experience handling in the snow yet. Gas mileage seems to be very good. The only time I noticed poor mileage was when the weather was very cold. The transmission didn't seem like it would shift until it warmed up. In the very cold month's, I was getting in the lower 20's in mostly city driving. Now in the warm Summer month's, I am getting around 29 to 30 MPG in mostly city driving. I took the car on a small highway trip last month and got around 42 to 43MPG. I like the Sentra but the quality doesn't seem to be even close to that of Toyota. Within my first week of owning it, the rear door frame where the window comes out of the door was rattling and loose. The dealer had to replace it because the clips were broken. The first time I filled the gas tank, I noticed that the gas cap retainer was broken so I had to set the cap on the ground and remember to put it back on when I was finished. A few weeks ago, I was on a bumpy road and not long after I noticed that the car was squeeking loudly like an old pick up truck. I looked underneath and noticed that the heat shield above the muffler was bent under the muffler and rubbing on it. I bent it back and it seems ok now. I am hoping that the mechanics of the car are of higher quality. These problems are scaring me because they remind me of some of the reasons that I stopped buying American cars. Although the American cars I have owned were worse with transmission and engine problems. Remember Nissan, first impressions are lasting impressions. I rarely had to do anything besides regular maintenance with my Toyota.

Very reliable car!!

by Coot from Orange Park, FL on Tue May 03 2011

I have owned my Nissan Sentra for 6 months and have really enjoyed the reliability, gas mileage and overall comfort of driving this vehicle.

Great Car!

by jimmy from Johnson City, TN on Mon Apr 11 2011

I researched and test drove 6 new cars that I was considering. The 2011 Sentra blew its competitors out of the water. From the more powerful engine to the CVT it was clearly the best value in its class.

Former Happy Stick Shift PT Cruiser Owner.

by peakpower from SOUTHERN OREGON on Thu Apr 21 2011

Traded in my 2006 PT Cruiser Stick Shift--which was a wonderful car for me and my assist dog--folded flat rear seats or remove them. This 2011 Sentra has the same kind of utility in the back--just not so top heavy or quite so big.Thus it handles and corners better--and the 6 speed stick shift model I purchased is perfect for me--as I am a stick shift old guy who likes stick shift control. It might get very good mileage on he long distance freeway runs I take. IT WAS AWESOME ON A WINDING TIGHT TURN STEEP GRADE ROAD NEAR HERE, AND I COULD NOT GET IT TO BREAK AWAY ON TURNS.--IT CORNERS VERY WELL--THE STABILTY CONTROL AND THE ABS MUST HELP THAT--I AM VERY IMPRESSED--MUCH BETTER THAN MY OLD SPORTS CAR--. --AND A COMPACT VAN-- CRUISER WHICH WAS GOOD FOR A BIGGER TOP HEAVY RIG.--STICK SHIFT ALSO. --i AM HAPPY BUT CONCERNED MY INSURANCE COMPANY RATED IT NOT SO WELL --APPARENTLY BECAUSE OF VARIOUS THINGS i AM BAFFLED ABOUT?

Love this car!

by Great car! from Tulsa, Oklahoma on Mon Feb 28 2011

I love this car. I bought it last week and I just love driving it..Classy, clean car that is a unknown surprise..I love this Nissan!

Great and Economical

by 2011 SR Owner from Oshkosh, WI on Tue Oct 04 2011

Car: 2011 Sentra SR Mileage: Over 10k Review Type: Owner Best Attribute: Daily Driver, Gas Sipper, Roomy Worst Attribute: Performance i.e. slow start/stop Interior: Cheap clothe, Decent plastic, Bluetooth, IPOD Connector/Charger, Cruise Control Exterior: Nice spoiler, Nice grille, Good looking, Flimsy in some areas, Overall satisfied with it. Bought car in Jan 2011--car serviced for regular maintenance (oil change, filter change, tire alignment.) No problems so far, mechanically sound. Performance-wise, for a first timer, it's sound. For someone who is used to driving faster/sportier cars, they might be a little bit disappointed. The reason why I say it's slow to start is because when I'm at red lights and I accelerate, the car steadily climbs to higher speeds. When I brake, I make sure I have enough room because the car doesn't stop immediately, there is a slowing down before the car actually stops. This is not the case for the SE-R or SPEC V. I've also test drove those cars and I have driven my friend's car. They stop when I begin to brake, so I know this is just the SR and below Sentras. You won't feel the car much either... The car runs smooth, no matter what speed you are travelling. Unless you turn off the Overdrive, then you can feel the car accelerating to higher gear and the car becomes louder too. The interior is good looking, however, the clothe seems a little cheap and I really don't like how the center console is designed but it grew on me. The dashboard is handsome and I like the cool bluetooth/ipod features that come standard on it. The audio is also very good. I try not to blast it, my mirrors will start to vibrate a lot. The exterior is good, some people don't like how it looks. They think it's odd shaped. But if you like it, then you like it. If you don't then you don't. I personally think it's handsome, especially the sporty looking SR, SE-R, and SPEC V models. When I park at work, mall, etc, I can always spot my car cuz it's sexy looking next to other cars. Last thing I wanted to touch on. Value. Does not hold strong resale value like Hondas, but they do hold good value and in a nutshell, it's a great car to own.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2011 Nissan Sentra

Editor's note: This review was written in August 2010 about the 2010 Nissan Sentra. The 2011 Sentra gains standard safety features like antilock brakes and an electronic stability system, but little else of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2011, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Some cars get all the attention, and the Nissan Sentra isn't one of them. Its name isn't always uttered in the same sentences as models like the Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla, but after driving one it's clear that it should be; this car deserves to be on compact-car buyers' shopping lists. While you probably wouldn't regret getting a Civic or Corolla... Read More