2004 Titan

2004 Nissan Titan

2004 Nissan Titan

4.3

Have You Driven the 2004 Nissan Titan?

Very glad I didn't overlook this truck

by Ghost from Frederick, MD on Mon Jan 02 2012

I recently bought a used 04 Nissan Titan 4 door 4x4. Being a Ford guy, the truck wasn't my first choice. I lined up a couple test drives and the Titan wasn't my first stop. When I test drove the Titan, I fell instantly in love. The ride was extremely smooth and easy to drive. I bought the truck right after and continue to enjoy it. The Titan is loaded with heated seats and a in dash cd changer. What surprised me is that the mpg's are better than the small truck I had traded in for the Titan considering the 5.6L engine under the hood. Little features about the truck have continued to surprise me. Like memory seats and the folding rear seats. The Titan can haul a full load as well. I've already talked about my truck to a friend that will be picking up a Titan soon. Let the features help you make a decision. Nissan hit a home run with this truck!

Four Wheeler Magazine 2004 Truck of the Year

by Deebow from Beaverton OR on Sun Apr 24 2011

I bought this truck new in 2004 and spec'ed it out with the Big Tow package, the Utility Bed Package (Utili-Track system) and the 4x4 Off-road package; which came with everything but Nav. system and Leather interior. I have commuted to work and back in it and it gets about 13 mpg city and with the tonneau cover on it it gets almost 20 mpg highway. It has towed both of my boats that I have owned (current one is almost 6,000 pounds with the trailer), helped me with 3 moves, and hauled everything I have asked it to haul. It has never left me stranded and all I have done is add a permanent air filter system and changed the fluids regularly. Four Wheel drive works great in snow, mud and the lousy conditions that can be found in the Pacific Northwest; it would climb a tree if I asked it to. Brakes had problems in the beginning (with a recall), but everything fixed under warranty with no questions asked. The truck could be a bit more comfortable for the long haul distances, but it is a truck, not a limo. The comfort level is on par with everything in it's class. The Utili-Track system I have on it makes this truck an infinitely versatile hauler and is what everyone else is trying to copy. I am glad I chose this truck over Ford, Chevy and Dodge because it was what I was looking for a truck to be, and none of the big three was offering anything like what Nissan has to offer in their trucks in the same class. If Nissan puts a diesel engine in this thing and beefs up the suspension to offer up to 1 ton capacity, there is nothing but the unemployment line for the Big Three and Toyota.

reliable, confy,pawerfull.

by handyman from hendersonville nc on Sun Jul 22 2012

i waited 8 years to write this review and i am still in love with this vehicle. i had some minor issues with the manual shifting switch and i wiish the dealership was less money hungry. other than that i just changed oil and tires. i have carried a ton (literally) of stones,1,000 square ft. of tiles towed 3 road king and more. very happy driver, i will keep this truck untill one of us dies.lol. if you have some extra money to spend on your transport. buy a superchip change intake breater and exust. it will be a brand new esperience.

All Around Great Truck!

by Titan Enthusiast from Washington, DC Metropolitan Area on Tue Nov 07 2006

I've had the truck for about 6 months and never regretted buying it. Under normal driving in any weather I've never lost contact with the pavement. Off road its even better! Drives better off-road than the Grand Cherokee. Whether the beds full or your towing a trailer, the engines never phased. Great look, great engine, great drive train, and all around great truck.

One Good Truck

by Now a fan of Trucks from Indiana on Tue Oct 06 2009

Overall it is a good truck. Lots of power, great in Snow, The king Cab has quite a bit of room in the back. Lots of storage compartments. 14/19mpg on a 4WD Truck. It averaged 17mpg and I drove 85% highway and I have a Heavy foot. I owned an XE for almost 3 years, and my biggest complaint was that the cloth seats stain really easy. Even rain drops would stain my seats, and road noise from the Doors. Great truck for non-optimal road conditions.

don't get fooled by the good looks

by plumbob from Boston<ma. on Fri Nov 02 2012

Most unreliable truck I ever owned. -brakes were undersized -on my 3rd rear differential -replace catalitic converter -firing sequence was out of sequence -spare tire was up against exhaust deformed tire -steering gear rotted had to be replaced along with power steering hoses And many other poor craftmanship and design items below the price of $1000 too many to mention the truck is a money pit

Does not recommend this car!!

most reliable truck ever

by the king of trucks from mountain view, CA on Tue Sep 25 2007

Well, I have to say that if I had a choice to do do it all over and buy something else I would buy the same thing all over again!!!!

Great vehicle

by the titan from oklahoma on Thu Dec 02 2010

its man sized and a great truck. use it for towing the boat and hauling gear to go camping like keyaks and other large items. we moved and it was great for getting a lot off stuff in one load. I have made it look good by adding a light rack to the back and a bull bar on the front. There are many different things you could add to make your titan look awesome.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Top of the line.

by Jayski from Hastings MI on Thu Feb 10 2011

Just the best truck around. Almost 90,000 miles and just now had a rear axel leak, not even an expensive fix. Has tons of power and great corner handling. My mpg is up and down through out the year always 14 - 18. Love the Nav and Dvd no other truck can offer these great options. The only bad thing I have found is in high wind you will have a lot of noise from doors and moon roof. Also it is a pain to tear the front end apart to change a headlight bulb.

Exterior Paint did not hold up.

by Lgc from Montgomery, al on Wed May 23 2018

With exception of a few minor problems this is a very good truck. My big issue is the paint did not hold up. All Nissan trucks I see with a little age has the same problem. The paint simply does not hold up on the roof and hood. Nissan should be ashamed to have all these vehicles on the road looking so bad. I wish Nissan would stand behind their product and offer new paint jobs on these trucks.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2004 Nissan Titan

Detroit faces strong contender in Nissan pickup

We've had the chance to drive the all-new 2004 Nissan Titan pickup on several occasions and we've both reached the same conclusion: Watch your back, Detroit!

This new Japanese contender, which goes on sale this month, should have little trouble challenging the Motor City's longtime stronghold on the full-size pickup market. Nissan Motor Co.'s goals are modest enough. The automaker wants to sell 100,000 Titans a year, about one-tenth the target Ford Motor Co. has established for its venerable F-series pickup, which has been totally redesigned for model year 2004.

Our test truck was a Titan SE 4X4 Crew Cab outfitted with a $700 off-road package... Read More