2013 Xterra

2013 Nissan Xterra

2013 Nissan Xterra

Have You Driven the 2013 Nissan Xterra?

2013 Pro-4x

by dzap1 from Lebanon VA on Sat Oct 25 2014

This is a reliable ride, like all the other Datsun/Nissans I have owned. Very Comfortable on the highway. Off road you need to be light on the throttle it has a lot of torque and to much gas and you will definitely get wheel spin! A lot of cold gadgets but it would be nice to have heated and cooled seats, it would make the leather seats more comfortable. If you want an off road SUV with the locking rear-end switch this is for you!!! if you are more of a road driver the SV is the deal. I would recommend the XTerra to anyone

Not your average base model SUV

by Mike from Milford, Ct on Wed Mar 19 2014

I am the proud owner of my second Nissan Xterra. This one is a 2013 Pro-4x. Lets be clear here, if you want a small SUV for getting groceries and just driving around town this might not be for you. It isn't a crossover. The rugged tires and suspension make for a stiff, yet comfortable enough ride. I bought the Pro-4x because I wanted to take it off-road and never worry about being stuck in weather. Also it comes with some extra continence features, like a back-up camera and nav. The car has everything you need and more if you are an active person that wants a truck that has no limits. I would warn you that with the powerful v-6 comes roughly 17 mpg combined driving. For what this truck costs you can't beat it in value. I have owned 2 of these trucks and this one is by far one of the most fun and versatile vehicles I've owned.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Convert

by Islidur from Denver on Sat Sep 28 2013

I've had a heavily modified Jeep Wrangler since buying new in 2006 and love the ability to go absolutely anywhere in our beautiful mountains of Colorado. However, we sometimes go on simple trails that don't require 7 inches of lift and 35' tires and daily winter driving on rock crawling tires doesn't really work for me. So, I decided to buy something that could fill in. After A LOT of research, the Xterra came out on top for what I wanted. I started looking for a used model and after seeing what's available for the money, my sense of value for money came into play. I kept upping my spend to get to that break even in value I deemed acceptable until I got to a new model. Then, the wife had her requirements, so we ended up with a Pro 4X with leather, nav and back up camera. I've seen Xterras for many years and never really paid much attention to them (being a Jeep man), so driving and owning one was new to me. I can say that I'm very impressed with the on road characteristics of the vehicle. It seems very responsive and powerful, handling is predictable and effortless. And, the interior comforts are improved over the 2008 Nismo Frontier I had. I've only had it about a month and have had it on the dirt only once. The four wheel drive seemed to work flawlessly even though I didn't really push it. However, I can see a different set of tires in my future. The stock tires seemed to slip in places the MTR's on my Jeep would never had thought of slipping. Summer has passed and winter is approaching, so I won't get the chance to push it until next year, but I feel very confident it will perform very well for what I want it to do. I did get what I believe to be a fair deal on it coming in at $29000. And, after some questionable finance arrangements, the dealership threw in a 2 year oil change policy as well. In my search, I looked at and test drove Xterras of many different years and can easily recommend them all. However, your own sense of value will tell you which one is right for you.

Sad that they stopped making the Xterras

by MikeB from Wichita Falls, TX on Fri Jun 27 2014

The Xterra is a little lacking on interior design. I love the simple look of it but it still needs improvement. I love the power that this thing has! I traded in a 2010 Dodge Charger SXT for my 2013 Xterra and the Xterra is more fun to drive and gets better throttle response.

Got a great deal on a PRO-4X

by Bought the Xterra from Indianapolis, IN on Wed Jul 30 2014

Its July and I am trying to buy a new Xterra. No one was willing to deal much on price and I found it difficult to find the PRO -4X model instock. Most dealers just lie about what they have on the lot. Its a shame. Ed Martin Nissan in Indianapolis said they had three of them. When in reality they had NONE. Of course I was looking for a 2014. And then all of the sudden I found a 2013 Xterra with only 164 miles at a Dealer in Dayton Ohio. It had everything I wanted and it looked identical to the 2014. So I contacted the dealer and sure enough, he was willing to deal. Besides....the 2015's were about to come out in the next few months. A dealer having a brand new 2 year old car on the lot is going nuts. So we got a 8.3% discount and a fair price for the trade-in. SOLD..... I love the Xterra. and the PRO -4X is loaded with goodies. Leather interior, navigation, etc. I expect the Xterra will be due for a major face lift soon but I plan to hang on to this car for at least 5 years. Im a happy camper.

Can't go wrong with this vehicle

by First time 4x4 buyer from Kirksville, Mo on Wed Jul 17 2013

I have nothing to complain about this vehicle, I have only owned it a short time. But I have loved it, it offers built in Navigation, Sirius radio, bluetooth and am/fm/cd. I had to of course take it offroad and really liked the performance in the mud. Smooth ride and not bad gas mileage at about 20mpg.

Overcame 2014 All Mother nature had to throw

by Vortex2014 from Terre Haute IN on Tue Feb 11 2014

Bought my 2013 Xterre 4proX in December right before the weather got stupid in Indiana. I have had it in four wheel drive more than two in the time frame I have owned it. Drove about 300 miles in snow storm of January in Indiana. I had family in town that need to go to the airport. This is a beast in snow! Being female cant give you the exact vehicle terms but it is light enough to climb over snow drifts and with the all terrain tires you can feel it getting a good grip. Even with the upgraded everything this is no frills/not a soccer mom real SUV. This was well worth the money.

Does not recommend this car!!

Broken leaf springs @ 56k

by Geo from Pgh, PA on Fri Jun 23 2017

56K miles the R and L leaf springs broke in the rear and I don't off road AT ALL with this vehicle. Very odd. Leafs NEVER break and let alone when just commuting. My 2nd Xterra too. First was great. I may get a Toyota 4 runner for my next suv as a result of this. It's covered under warranty but poor quality for an off road desgned vehicle IMO.

Does not recommend this car!!

Right car for the right person

by TD123 from NY on Fri Nov 07 2014

Purchased new April 2014. Currently at 4000 miles. So far happy with its performance. Do not pay attention to reviews found online. This is a vehicle not made for everyone. It's to be recognized for its durability, truck frame platform, reasonable pricing, simplicity, and no nonsense personality. If you do not offroad, this is still an option for a driver like myself, who is looking for a solid, reliable truck that does the job. Plan on keeping until it falls apart. Complaints: Poor mpg. Plastic in cargo area scratches too easily. Doors do not unlock until you take out the key (very annoying esp when you have passengers trying to jump out of the car). No mirror defroster.

Purchased Another Xterra

by mjixx from chicago on Sat Jul 20 2013

Purchased a 2013 Xterra to replace our 2008 Xterra. Quite pleased with the durability of this vehicle. 4wheel drive handles well in Chicago weather. Overall a very solid vehicle! Gas mileage is what you would expect for a true SUV. Fair!

1 2

Our Take on the 2013 Nissan Xterra

Editor's note: This review was written in February 2012 about the 2012 Nissan Xterra. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2013, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The Xterra certainly has its place in the world: It's a go-to SUV for the uber-rugged sort. I can see my 20-something brother driving this five-seat SUV (if only he'd hold down a job to pay for it); he'd throw his mountain bike in the back, skillfully traverse seemingly impassable terrain, then toss his muddy gear into the plastic-lined cargo area before meeting his girlfriend for a romantic ramen noodle dinner. He might even shower first.

The rough and tumble... Read More