1997 Oldsmobile Achieva

Amazing Car

by from on June 27, 2017

This car has been the best car we have owned. It is sturdy and reliable. Every now and then it required some maintenance work but still runs like a champ.

A Great Small Olds

by from Massachusetts on June 29, 2014

As a fan of Olds, I may be a little biased, but I've enjoyed this car, despite its minor drawbacks. The seats are a bit unforgiving, and as I'm 6'5", I just make it into the driver's seat. But I can surely recommend this car to anyone. I found mine with only 37k on the clock, and the only issue I've had is the alternator going (probably from sitting for a while). Dealer replaced free, and I've been thrilled ever since. The only other issue would be the Passlock anti-theft system. It was new in the mid 90's, and makes it prone to minor... glitches. If the system doesn't recognize your key, it will flash the red 'SECURITY' light, and will tell the fuel injectors not to work, so you will crank and it won't catch and start. The simple solution is to leave the key in and turned for 10 minutes, and the light will stop flashing, indicating it now recognizes it. Time consuming yes, but much preferable to hundreds to get a new ignition (which seems to not really solve as much as delay the issue). Given that though, I greatly recommend that if you find a low mileage and don't mind the old-ladyness, you consider this car!