2001 Oldsmobile Bravada

Best vehicle, hands down

by from Gladstone, Michigan on September 8, 2010

I bought my 2001 Olds Bravada in 2005. It was already a high miler, but in immaculate shape. I now owned it for 5 years, put the mileage up to 165,000 and it just keeps going while doing and feeling good doing it. The Bravada has everything and has now spoiled me for future vehicles. I could no longer live without heated leather seats and at 10 years, 165,000 miles my seats looks beautiful with no sign of wear. Everything still works... my AC is perfect, the bazillion direction power seats still work perfectly, the heated seats still work perfectly. My only issue has been replacing a wheel bearing, because heck the car has 165,000 miles. I'm worrying what I will do when one day things do start to go wrong and I have to replace it. I test drove my sister's Buick Lucerne. It was nice ,but I still like the features and seat on my Old Bravada better and it didn't feel any smoother than the Bravada (wow). Her 2006 Lucerne also had more rust (one spect in the inside corner of the door) than my Bravad that has zero rust. Even on a spot on bottom side of the lift gate where it was nicked a few years ago... no rust. What did they do to make this vehicle? I want another one.

RUN...before it's too late!!

by from heath, ohio on November 18, 2012

I bought a 2001 Bravada, it was used so i got the car fax. The report came back clean: One owner, no accidents, 77,000, etc. This truck looked immaculate inside and out and drove like a dream when i test drove it. I always liked the looks of the blazers and such and always wanted one so i ended up getting it. A week after i purchased it, it started to overheat, only the thermostat that time. Since i've had my truck i have had absolutely nothing but problems. The smart trak goes out constantly, i've paid to have it fixed twice ($200 a pop!), i gave up after that! I live in Ohio where winters can get pretty nasty, good luck getting anywhere in this thing w/no 4WD! There is also no light or switch for smart trak, so you don't know it's defective until you need it! I will say however when it does work you can get just about anywhere. The front doors on these trucks are also heavy so after certain periods of time the doors wear the hinges out and will start dropping and rubbing the door jambs when opening/closing. I had new hinges put on both doors and some welding done and after about a year and a half it needs done again. I had to have the traansmission rebuilt once already and it's still a few payments away from being "mine". The gas milage is horrible! The whole front end had to be rebuilt also..that was another $1500. That didn't hold up either! It's had fuel issues that i can't even begin to describe! Have you ever stopped to get gas on a quarter tank and the car won't take gas? It kicks the gas pump off every couple dollars, like when your tank is full...only difference here is it's empty! Also if you're driving downhill and have to stop, it will die and think it's out of gas! Brake sensors also go out constantly which will cause the anti lock to start malfunctioning, and it's hard to get it to stop when it does that. The scariest thing i had happen with this truck was a couple weeks ago, i was driving down the interstate and the gas pedal got stuck clear to the floor! Not a fun time! I could go on and on and on about the issues i've had with this. I also knew a few friends/relatives with the same vehicle, same exact problems...and then some! I will leave off on the positives of this truck! This is a nice looking truck especially if taken care of properly. The inside is all leather interior, fully loaded, bose speakers, 6 disc changer. When the truck is running properly (not often!) it rides smooth, it's very comfortable. Since i've had this truck i have probably put almost as much money into fixing it as i'm paying for it! I am so disappointed with it. I have a love/hate thing with it...I love the way it looks inside and out, when it runs right i love driving it. But i hate that it's a money sucking leach! I wouldn't own another one if i got it for free, and certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone i like!

used to own

by from rochester,NY on September 11, 2017

i use to own a bravada it was a very nice suv it had a lot of room and having 3 boys I needed it but the boys are grown now I have a mustang gt let the fun begin

Uses car for Transportingfamily