Lap of Luxury

by from Kansas City, MO. on January 18, 2007

Most reliable, best gas mileage, most features long before it's time and they all still work. 217,000 miles and counting. GM 3.8 is the best! I have always used Lucus additive with each oil change.

Pinch me, am I dreaming?

by from DeLand, FL on October 25, 2012

The car stickered over $30,000 new. Bought my '96 with 171,000 miles(Arizona Car) for only $800! Replaced a/c compressor($430 total)and that's it! Car rides and looks brand new. Every option ever offered back then. I'm hooked even on the quirky styling. I've owned(when I had money)foreign luxury cars which cost an arm and a leg to fix. This car gets honest 29 mpg HWY! Told by previous owner he had to sell and get out of town fast. Seems from googling him he was a public defender on the run from the very law he worked for. Glad he had babied my baby with tender loving care. My next car will be the same. (PS...If you buy one check to see if it has "brake transaxle shift interlock" option...make sure to ALWAYS apply parking brake before putting in park or car will not move out of park or turn over in neutral. Unhook battery, re-hook after minute, to reset computer. You'll be OK then. I never knew about this "option," which is mandatory now. At least that's what they say on google.

Reliable!

by from Missouri on September 18, 2011

I still have this car and it's 15 years old! Still runs great needs minor repairs hear and there but it is a great car!

Bought used March 25, 20011

by from SoCal on June 15, 2011

I find the greenhouse ugly as sin itself. However, the rest of the car is fine design wise, and comfortable. What gets me in the gas mileage!! Suddenly ugly doesn't offend me so much. I've seen the epa estimates and I exceed them by 20% of better. It's got about about 80 HP less than my old CVPI P71 Ford, but who cares with that mileage?? I've seen 38 mpg on the desert freeways here. What I dislike, IMMENSELY is the cost to replace the struts. I bought mine with 75K miles, and it was soft then. I priced them out. Parts and labor can exceed 1200.00!! TRUE!!! But it had new tires (whitewalls) and a stack of dealer invoices. It runs too well, and sips gas. I can live with it being 15 yrs old and fugly! And being a CA desert car, it's spotless underneath and rust free......I have less than 2K in it including fees and CA ridiculous taxes.....

Best Car I've Ever Owned

by from Des Moines, Iowa on April 11, 2008

I currently have a 98. Its blue. I wish that Olds left the old dash design in the newer models. Overall, a great car. It had 76,000 on it when bought it last year, so it was a steal at $4500.

Similar Models