1996 Ninety-Eight

1996 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight

1996 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight

5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have you driven the 1996 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight?

ONE OF THE BEST OLDSMOBILES TO OWN IS THE OLDS 98!

by JESSIE R OLDSMAN from HOUSTON TX on Sat Jul 01 2017

I OWN 4 OLDSMOBILE NINETY EIGHTS. I HAVE 2 1991 OLDS 98, A 1992 OLDS 98 AND A 1996 OLDS 98 AND PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS BEGGING ME TO SALE THEM BUT I WONT. THIS CAR WAS THE LAST CAR OF OLDS ROYALTY. ITS ROOMY AND SPACIOUS, GETS GOOD GAS MILEAGE AND THEY ARE EASY TO MAINTAIN. EVEN TODAY IN 2017 THIS CAR HOLDS ITS OWN UP AGAINST THE NEWER CADILLACS AND BUICKS.

Lap of Luxury

by JMB from Kansas City, MO. on Thu Jan 18 2007

Most reliable, best gas mileage, most features long before it's time and they all still work. 217,000 miles and counting. GM 3.8 is the best! I have always used Lucus additive with each oil change.

Bought used March 25, 20011

by Stevers from SoCal on Wed Jun 15 2011

I find the greenhouse ugly as sin itself. However, the rest of the car is fine design wise, and comfortable. What gets me in the gas mileage!! Suddenly ugly doesn't offend me so much. I've seen the epa estimates and I exceed them by 20% of better. It's got about about 80 HP less than my old CVPI P71 Ford, but who cares with that mileage?? I've seen 38 mpg on the desert freeways here. What I dislike, IMMENSELY is the cost to replace the struts. I bought mine with 75K miles, and it was soft then. I priced them out. Parts and labor can exceed 1200.00!! TRUE!!! But it had new tires (whitewalls) and a stack of dealer invoices. It runs too well, and sips gas. I can live with it being 15 yrs old and fugly! And being a CA desert car, it's spotless underneath and rust free......I have less than 2K in it including fees and CA ridiculous taxes.....

Pinch me, am I dreaming?

by Chuck from DeLand, FL on Thu Oct 25 2012

The car stickered over $30,000 new. Bought my '96 with 171,000 miles(Arizona Car) for only $800! Replaced a/c compressor($430 total)and that's it! Car rides and looks brand new. Every option ever offered back then. I'm hooked even on the quirky styling. I've owned(when I had money)foreign luxury cars which cost an arm and a leg to fix. This car gets honest 29 mpg HWY! Told by previous owner he had to sell and get out of town fast. Seems from googling him he was a public defender on the run from the very law he worked for. Glad he had babied my baby with tender loving care. My next car will be the same. (PS...If you buy one check to see if it has "brake transaxle shift interlock" option...make sure to ALWAYS apply parking brake before putting in park or car will not move out of park or turn over in neutral. Unhook battery, re-hook after minute, to reset computer. You'll be OK then. I never knew about this "option," which is mandatory now. At least that's what they say on google.

Reliable!

by Natasha from Missouri on Sun Sep 18 2011

I still have this car and it's 15 years old! Still runs great needs minor repairs hear and there but it is a great car!

Best Car I've Ever Owned

by Ol' Green from Des Moines, Iowa on Fri Apr 11 2008

I currently have a 98. Its blue. I wish that Olds left the old dash design in the newer models. Overall, a great car. It had 76,000 on it when bought it last year, so it was a steal at $4500.