2003 Aztek

$642 - $5,782  MSRP Range
2003 Pontiac Aztek

3.8

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have you driven the 2003 Pontiac Aztek?

"It has a good personality"

by AZTEKY from shoreline CT on Mon Mar 24 2008

"Beauty may be in the eyes of the beholder". Our Aztek has all the bells and whistles, heads up display, trip computer, AWD, even a removable cooler between the two front seats. We have brought the car to Florida three times all we can complain about in 70,000 miles is replacing a headlight. The ride is superb and we average 23 mpg on the highway, be lightfooted to get good in town milage.

mixed emotions

by givin up my aztek from somewhere in ohio on Wed Apr 23 2014

i have always wanted an aztek so was so happy when I finally got a 2003 in 2011.it had 150,000 miles on it now has 195,000. it has electrical gremlins and none of my dash lights will shut off,keeps blowing out my headlights and now my gauges stop working when I drive it for longer than an hour.if someone knew about electrical then it would be the best vehicle I had ever owned but its time to get rid of it before more goes wrong..loved this vehicle

Love my Aztek

by Wilderness Willy from Madison, WI on Wed Sep 19 2012

I have a 2003 Aztek that just passed 280k miles. I have had to do brakes, tires, oil changes, and thats it!!! I have had to replace the recline handle on the driver seat (common problem) but everything else has been perfect. Love the way it rides, I consistenly get 24-30 mpg and my whole family loves riding in it. I wished they still made them. My wife has a Toyota Highlander and I much rather have my Aztek. Lots of fun, unique styling, and trouble free.

Loved the Aztec

by former aztec owner from canada on Fri Mar 27 2015

I bought my 2003 Aztec Rally new in 2003. It had everything that I needed at the time. It was comfortable to drive, plenty of space.When my son moved out we actually fit a love seat in the back of it after removing the back seats. I did have issues with the wheel bearings but my husband fixed them with no problem, and the tires did not last as long as I would have liked. All in all it was a great SUV. It lasted until 345000km when the head gasket went.

Nothing as Usefull Over a decade later

by rickthemc from Nokesville, VA on Mon Nov 20 2017

The Media panned this vehicle, I have owned two. Both were very reliable cars. Starters, I need an SUV that is not an Expedition that I can go to the dump, home depot or bring home a freezer Aztec does it... Carry 4-5 people comfortably, great interior features that 2017 cars don't have such as a HUD, passenger seat that adjusts the same as the drivers, so your other front seat is just as comfortable (again most cars in 2017 don't even offer it as an option). How about bringing home 6 sheets of drywall (inside) the car, try that on your Pilot. Now to the fickle, is it really that ugly? compare it to the Honda Element, or the Cube really? If GM was making them today I would buy another, this car was a swiss army knife. Camping for the weekend, kayaking and use for normal DIY pick-ups the car exceeded expectation. Funny too how when people rode in it they were impressed with the road feel and comfort. GM should Keep the most of the old interior and update the outside shell, it would blow the doors off of the majority of current SUVs

best looking suv around.

by aztec owner from Manitowoc, Wi. on Fri Nov 02 2012

Luv the way it looks, handles and performs. Still looks brand new after detailing. Would recommend this vehicle to everyone

I love my aztek!

by Aztek lover2 from Ann Arbor, MI on Sun Jul 10 2011

I use this car for work (sales) and for everything else. It has almost 200K miles and I have to let it go. I can't afford to keep 2 cars but I need something "younger" for work. Sigh. This car can fit everything in. I wouldn't get a rally next time - hate the alloy wheels. The tires leak eventually and have to be reseated. Wheel hubs are a problem but those two things are the only real problems I've had. I am going to miss this car - it's the 2nd Aztek I've owned.

Nice crossover

by car guy from michigan on Wed Feb 20 2008

I thought these were ugly cars until ive driven one. great performance and very versatile. gets pretty good gas mileage

Loved it!

by Mom of 2 from Canada on Fri Aug 02 2013

I bought it used at 200k and while I didn't think it was the prettiest car, it was comfortable and had the perfect amount of space for myself, 2 kids, and a big dog. I had it for 3 1/2 years, first 2 years I didn't have to fix a thing. Third year I had to fix the break line and replace the breaks. The gas gauge stopped working but I knew I could get at least 500km per tank so I didn't really care. Got in an accident with it and it's a write off. If I can find another one I'd love to have it! I miss it so very much! The trunk was huge, being able to fold down and take out the back seats was awesome too. Super comfortable drive, great in the snow, and when we got in the accident none of us was hurt in the least.

Great all around vehicle

by tek lover from kirkland, wa on Thu Jul 19 2007

It is a real dual purpose vehicle. It does most of the work I used to need a pick up for and it handles and drives like a car. It is comfortable on long trips and gas mileage it great. I get 25-26 on the road and 21-22 in town. It tows up to 3500 lbs and with the rear seats either folded forward or removed it will hold an enormous amount of stuff. Dependable, no trouble in over 75000 miles of driving. I own two azteks.

1 2 3