2004 Pontiac Aztek consumer reviews

side view of 2004 Aztek Pontiac
Explore the 2004 Pontiac Aztek
1.9

fat sluger

This car is the first I ever oned. I herd it was not hard to drive. I looked at the 2004 honda crv and said I think the Aztek relly wasent hard to drive. So I said one year after I got this is nothing but a pice of jungck.

1.6

DON'T BUY THIS CAR

I have been having problems since DAY 1 sometimes the car starts sometimes it won't horrible car!!!! Its expensive to get fixed because its so hard to get to different parts under the hood!!!!!!!!! Do yourself a favor and look for different car!

3.9

Aztek has given 5 years of impeccable performance

Bought my 2004 Aztek in mid 2005 and have never once had a beef about the car's performance. I get a lof of negative comments about its styling, but when a car runs this good, so what? I am 6'3" and driving a Honda required my legs and feet to be straight-away. Not good on a long trip for a 70 year-old. The Aztek is almost like a comfy chair and my legs can be down and even crossed when on highway cruise. Lousy design, great-performing car I plan to keep for years to come.

Super Deal, Super Vehicle

Fell in love with the front end first, then the rest of the vehicle! We have the slide-out cargo tray and a sun-roof, 17-inch wheels...kind of like having a higher-end SUV, if you ask me. Drives and rides more like a car than a cross-over, mechanically very good. Did have to do a push-rod at about 77,000 miles and the dealer replaced the rear engine gasket, but no other problems. Loads of storage and great comfort. Have had for almost 4 years and wouldn't trade it for anything. Just sorry they stopped making them!

2003 Aztek

We really love this car. We bought it used over a year ago with 58,000 miles and have come to appreciate it's flexability. With the back seats removed there is an enormous cargo space. Compared to other SUV's, the gas mileage is great. We have get 27 mpg highway and 20 in the city. The price, mpg, comfort and size were just right. Plus, it's not a minivan. I would buy another, but would get the AWD model.

4.0

The Best Car I Have Ever Owned!!!

GREAT CAR!! EASY HANDELING GREAT CAR ALL OVER!!!! LOVED THE ALL ROUND SOUND SYSTEM, GREAT GAS MILAGE, AND VERY QUIET CAR WHILE RUNNING!!!! I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS CAR TO ANYONE!!!!

The Most Beloved car I've owned

I love almost everything about this car. It has an incredible amount of cargo room enough for my 5 big dogs to sit comfortably. It drives well, the seats are comfortable. I personally am one of the ones who loves the look and styling and can't wait to try it camping. If I have one complaint, it would be about the wipers folding under the hood design. I live in the northeast and have had the snow pack up under the hood and cause the wipers not to work until I have dug them out (which is a long time consuming process in the cold) But I live with it because I love everything else!

love it

Only a glance is needed to determine whether you'll love the look of the Pontiac Aztek or detest it with a passion. Few vehicles in recent years have produced such intense opinions. With its appearance aside, the Aztek is a multipurpose car-based sport utility vehicle that performs fairly capably and is highlighted by a versatile interior layout.

2.4

Disappointing

Poor use of interior space. No cup holders in the back. The tailgate lift has never worked (asked dealer to fix it twice) and tires lose air frequently (dealer missed a cracked wheel, but they did hit the reset button on the low tire pressure indicator). I've already had to replace the front wheel bearings and am scheduled for service on the ABS brakes & traction control. I thought it was supposed to be a cross between car & suv, it seems more a cross between car & tin can. IMHO

4.4

It is different and efficient

I am a paramedic and spent 3 days in comfort during Hurricaine Charley 2 weeks after I bought my Aztek. I removed the rear seats with ease, put an inflatable mattress in the back, plugged a TV into the cigarette lighter in the back and used the cooler that came with the car. I was the only one that slept comfortably while the storm passed us over. If I ever need it for something I know it will not disappoint.