2005 Pontiac Aztek consumer reviews

$21,530–$24,445 MSRP range
side view of 2005 Aztek Pontiac
Explore the 2005 Pontiac Aztek
3.7

It's a pretty good car...

I've had my Aztek for 5 years so it wasn't new when I bought it but I drove it on road trips and it did its job. I wasnt a fan of the exterior but Breaking Bad talked me in to it 😌. As long as I took care of the car no major issues came up. However this car has a bad history with the steering which I had repaired but after the repair it's still not 100%.

Adore this car!

I love the 2005 Aztek! This is my second Aztek and I bought a loaded Rallye with all the bells and whistles. It's so comfortable, handles like a dream, gets 22-23 mpg and has room to move anything. Amazing heated leather seats! Pontiac has corrected major mechanical and electrical issues from the earlier models. I think that "ahead of it's time" styling is what lead to it's demise. Just look around - it doesn't look weird now. I put 225,000 miles on this car and it only needed tires and routine maintenance. The transmission finally wentt but I don't like the other cars I have looked at, so I'm looking for a used one - 2004 or 5!

Reliable, and looking more like today's suv's

I own a Rally Edition and love it! It is reliable, fun to drive, and low dollar maintenance vehicle. If you find one in nice condition, they are not that expensive and look more like today's suv's. They were ahead of there time.

Best car i ever had

This car was perfect. Great vehicle to own.this car was great transportation. Great in all types of weather.

Very Impressive and Intimidating Car

I've had this vehicle since 2005 when I bought it new. Drove it on a military base and had a military troop just stop to enjoy the shiny and never seen base car that had just passed by them. I was told that they couldn't believe that their chaplain had a very impressive and intimidating car that they would love to have. My wife and I love it. Eventhough we purchase another car in the future we want to keep our Aztek and pass it on to our grandson. The drive has been excellent and mileage 151,400 feels new. Just a few issues like the radio and oil drips but they are not major issue.

I love my Aztec

I have had my Aztec for 10 years. I love it. I would buy another one today if they still made them. They did not sell well back then because the dealers did not have them on their regular lots, they kept them hidden away. If it had not been for one of the service staff. I would not have know that the dealer even had them. I was about to leave without buying anything that day. I have about 240,000 miles and it is still going. I did have to replace the transmission 2 years ago after hauling trailers all the way to California from 2004 to 2007. Why did they stop making them.

4.4

10 years old. Looks and run well.

Owned since new in 2003. Have had normal low cost maintenance such as tires, brakes, oil changes etc. As a family of five, we've accumulated only 90,000 or so miles since purchased. Gas mileage is average and consistent in the hills or long flat roads. Car lasted several years beyond payoff, and has proven to have been a good buy for me and my family. My wife still loves to drive it, and I do too. My sister has one the same year, and has racked up a whopping 180,000 miles, and it's still going everyday too!

1.3

Terrible

This is the worst car ever. It has terrible reliability. It has terrible looks. It has terrible performance. Sense a pattern? It has a very uncomfortable layout, is big and bulky. You may think it's a good value, but it's actually a terrible one, owing to the looks and reliability, mostly.

Lovemyaz

I am an owner of a Pontiac Aztek, I got a good deal on it, new, because alot of people didnt like the design. I love it, it looks smaller on the outside but the back seats can fold down or you can completely remove them. This is great for anyone with kids. I was able to fit a full size mattress in it, I was moving and spending nites renovating, I needed my mattress. It is a good vehicle, mainly general maintenance is all I had to do!

2.0

The second ugliest modern American car.

I love Pontiac's (except this monstrosity). This is the second ugliest American car I Have seen in my 61 years. The ugliest title to the Rambler Marlin! Whomever designed and/or approved this grand mess of a design must have hated the Pontiac brand(Probably Buick Folks). Purchased because it was cheap and because my 16 year old just wanted some wheels, anything,even this hideous thing.