2005 Aztek

2005 Pontiac Aztek

2005 Pontiac Aztek

4.1

Have You Driven the 2005 Pontiac Aztek?

10 years old. Looks and run well.

by mightytool from Morgantown, WV on Fri Nov 16 2012

Owned since new in 2003. Have had normal low cost maintenance such as tires, brakes, oil changes etc. As a family of five, we've accumulated only 90,000 or so miles since purchased. Gas mileage is average and consistent in the hills or long flat roads. Car lasted several years beyond payoff, and has proven to have been a good buy for me and my family. My wife still loves to drive it, and I do too. My sister has one the same year, and has racked up a whopping 180,000 miles, and it's still going everyday too!

Happy with my Aztek

by AztekDriver from Michigan on Fri May 19 2006

I like the way it looks - its unique and it stands out. The bar in the back window that some claim "blocks your vew" does take a little getting used to (I no longer notice it and can see just fine). Because there is so much window surface in the back, and its not as big as a minivan you can actually see MORE behind and around you in the back than the Ford Windstar I owned previously. Motor has lots of pep! I gave it only Average reliablity because it had a wheel hub/bearing go bad, and I had to have the air conditioning system fixed (bad weld when it was built).

I love my Aztec

by chelle from Columbia,Tennessee on Thu Jul 17 2014

I have had my Aztec for 10 years. I love it. I would buy another one today if they still made them. They did not sell well back then because the dealers did not have them on their regular lots, they kept them hidden away. If it had not been for one of the service staff. I would not have know that the dealer even had them. I was about to leave without buying anything that day. I have about 240,000 miles and it is still going. I did have to replace the transmission 2 years ago after hauling trailers all the way to California from 2004 to 2007. Why did they stop making them.

Adore this car!

by Mother Ocean from MD on Fri Apr 20 2018

I love the 2005 Aztek! This is my second Aztek and I bought a loaded Rallye with all the bells and whistles. It's so comfortable, handles like a dream, gets 22-23 mpg and has room to move anything. Amazing heated leather seats! Pontiac has corrected major mechanical and electrical issues from the earlier models. I think that "ahead of it's time" styling is what lead to it's demise. Just look around - it doesn't look weird now. I put 225,000 miles on this car and it only needed tires and routine maintenance. The transmission finally wentt but I don't like the other cars I have looked at, so I'm looking for a used one - 2004 or 5!

Very Impressive and Intimidating Car

by Military Chaplain from Winter Garden, FL. on Wed Oct 22 2014

I've had this vehicle since 2005 when I bought it new. Drove it on a military base and had a military troop just stop to enjoy the shiny and never seen base car that had just passed by them. I was told that they couldn't believe that their chaplain had a very impressive and intimidating car that they would love to have. My wife and I love it. Eventhough we purchase another car in the future we want to keep our Aztek and pass it on to our grandson. The drive has been excellent and mileage 151,400 feels new. Just a few issues like the radio and oil drips but they are not major issue.

1st SUV owned

by Keeping it simple from Portsmouth, VA on Tue May 29 2007

Luckily my wife and I like the design...most people don't. It's amazingly roomy on the inside but fits in parking spaces like a small to midsize car. It's our first pontiac and our first SUV. We've had it two years and it's been great.

They Call it UGLY.

by Audiofreak8 from Youngstown Ohio on Fri Sep 10 2010

PROS...Roomy and Comfortable , Versatile and surprising how well it handles. Cons... Gas Mileage around 18 in City maybe 22 Highway. Ugly ?? I have the RALLY Edition with added Suspension in the Rear Chrome Rims and Accents and Sunroof. Mine is also ALL BLACK...looks very Sporty and somewhat Mean. Several People have commented to me "Thats an AZTEK ?? Wow they are usually Weird looking , thats Kool. So Far I am Happy with the Vehicle.

The best car I \'ve driven in years

by The Aztek Lover from Miami, FL on Mon Oct 24 2011

As a previous owner of an Aztek I recomend it and regret not having it still, it is confortable, heavi, stabe Almost 300 miles per tankif not a little over, ample cargo space. In the five years I owned all I did was the regular change of oil and filters, rotoate the tire. brakes a couple of timesand tires also a couple of time. Mind you I used to drive from 100 to 200 miles daily. Interiorwhise, the watercooler was a great concept, dashboard wise it had it all at the rich of your hands, it was quiet. and for the Road all I can tell you might not be enoug. I would not hesitate in buying another one even if unfortuantely can not be new.

(I've never felt safer!)

by Maija- Javi (short for Javlin) from Milwaukee, WI on Fri Jun 22 2007

I have had many many cars and trucks in my days, and I've never felt safer or more stylish. When they first came out I said "Oh look- they are driving a robot!" But the styling grew on me because it was different, and more and more of the concept cars and trucks at the auto shows were going for a sharper look. So I bought one, and for the past 4 years, it has never let me down! Great gas mileage, dependability, and I even feel safer in it than my husbands past GMC Yukon, Durango, Chevy Suburban, and Escalade. I just paid mine off, and if I were ever in the market for a new truck, I would go for another Aztek, but I will get the leather and sun roof too!!!! Shame on Pontiac- they never should have stop making it!

Amazingly versatile, comfortable and handles well

by Outdoor recreation lover from Denver, CO on Sat Jan 24 2009

I have owned my Aztek for four and a half years. I live in Colorado and I do a lot of outdoor recreational activities. This is an amazingly versatile vehicle - I can carry a tandem kayak or skis on the roof with 5 passengers inside, or take out the seats and haul ladders and construction materials in the back, or fit 5 inside and open the back hatch for a tailgate party at the football game. The interios is huge and you can remove back seats to fit 2, 3, or 5 passengers with room to spare in the hatch area. Small vehicle footprint so it fits in small parking spaces. Very maneuvarable. Great hanfling and enough power on mountain roads. All wheel drive is great in winter - when all of my neighbors were stuck in 20+ incheas of snow, I could easily drive through neighborhood streets. Only problem is that the transmission failed after about 85,000 miles which was disappointing. Mileage is just so-so (about 15 in the city - I would have expected better).

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

1 2