1992 Pontiac Firebird

Excellent car for the sporty minded

by from Chicagoland, IL on August 13, 2012

Having grown up idolizing KITT on Knight Rider, I have owned three third generation F-body Firebirds; a 1988 & two 1992's. I loved my first 1992 so much that I bought the second one three years after losing the first one. Instead of continuing on about my man-auto crush, let me get to the goods for you since you're probably interested in purchasing a 'Bird. The Pros: Excellent exterior styling, Good power(255ft/lbs torque), Reliable mechanically, Cockpitesque interior, Can work on most repairs yourself without being a mechanic. The Cons: Backseat is tight, Ride is bumpy since it is sport suspension tuned, Hatch cargo space is limited. If asked, I would recommend this vehicle for purchase. I've had no issues with mine that aren't typical of any car from that age group; typical maintenance/replacement of parts as they get older. Driving in the rain or snow is fine with a good set of tires. (I like the Yokohama YK520) Your best bet is to take one for a test drive; if you like it, welcome to the Firebird Club...we have jackets!

I miss my car

by from canyon country, CA on April 24, 2008

I drove this car 264,000+miles and it took a headon collision 3 cars & 1 semi truck to take it down. The car lived up to manufacturers specs and broke in 3 places. This is what saved my life. I am looking again for the same vehicle. I used this car as a messenger and it preformed in excess of anything I put it through.

collector

by from detroit on October 21, 2010

Allthough this vehicle is not valuable now, in ten years i believe it'll be wanted,especially the convertibles.

Fun Car to Own & Drive!

by from Tomball, Texas on October 2, 2017

Bought from original owner and have spent a lot of time & money on it. Hoping to find a buyer whom will take care of it and have the same joy I have for the car.

Uses car for Havingfun

One of the Fun-est cars I've owned!

by from Tomball, TX on October 11, 2017

This car sort of reminds me of the "kit" car from the David Hasselhoff days on Knight Rider. It's a fun car to drive has decent acceleration, great cornering and a cool look to it. It's body, doors, hood all made of steel and on my model has an extra fiberglass "sport" package from the factory in Van Nuys, CA. where they used to make these cars back then. They just don't make cars like this anymore and I think that's why it's so unique!

Uses car for Havingfun