1992 Firebird

1992 Pontiac Firebird

$812 - $12,884  MSRP Range
1992 Pontiac Firebird

Have You Driven the 1992 Pontiac Firebird?

Excellent car for the sporty minded

by 3rd Gen Bird Lover from Chicagoland, IL on Mon Aug 13 2012

Having grown up idolizing KITT on Knight Rider, I have owned three third generation F-body Firebirds; a 1988 & two 1992's. I loved my first 1992 so much that I bought the second one three years after losing the first one. Instead of continuing on about my man-auto crush, let me get to the goods for you since you're probably interested in purchasing a 'Bird. The Pros: Excellent exterior styling, Good power(255ft/lbs torque), Reliable mechanically, Cockpitesque interior, Can work on most repairs yourself without being a mechanic. The Cons: Backseat is tight, Ride is bumpy since it is sport suspension tuned, Hatch cargo space is limited. If asked, I would recommend this vehicle for purchase. I've had no issues with mine that aren't typical of any car from that age group; typical maintenance/replacement of parts as they get older. Driving in the rain or snow is fine with a good set of tires. (I like the Yokohama YK520) Your best bet is to take one for a test drive; if you like it, welcome to the Firebird Club...we have jackets!

I miss my car

by firebird lover from canyon country, CA on Thu Apr 24 2008

I drove this car 264,000+miles and it took a headon collision 3 cars & 1 semi truck to take it down. The car lived up to manufacturers specs and broke in 3 places. This is what saved my life. I am looking again for the same vehicle. I used this car as a messenger and it preformed in excess of anything I put it through.

collector

by bird from detroit on Thu Oct 21 2010

Allthough this vehicle is not valuable now, in ten years i believe it'll be wanted,especially the convertibles.

Fun Car to Own & Drive!

by Firebird Lover from Tomball, Texas on Mon Oct 02 2017

Bought from original owner and have spent a lot of time & money on it. Hoping to find a buyer whom will take care of it and have the same joy I have for the car.

One of the Fun-est cars I've owned!

by Firebird Fan from Tomball, TX on Wed Oct 11 2017

This car sort of reminds me of the "kit" car from the David Hasselhoff days on Knight Rider. It's a fun car to drive has decent acceleration, great cornering and a cool look to it. It's body, doors, hood all made of steel and on my model has an extra fiberglass "sport" package from the factory in Van Nuys, CA. where they used to make these cars back then. They just don't make cars like this anymore and I think that's why it's so unique!

Our Take on the 1992 Pontiac Firebird

Stunning. Ouch!

Breathtaking styling. Ugh!

Sheet metal that`s a work of art. Eeoooww!

The Pontiac Trans Am is one great-looking machine, especially the droptop we tested.

But while admiring this piece of Motown metal, be prepared for a touch of discomfort. The Trans Am is a two-pillow performance coupe, and you must supply the duck down or foam rubber.

A stiff sports suspension complements the 5-liter, 205-horsepower, tuned port-injected V-8. You`ll be whisked from the light at stopwatch-quality speed, but you won`t be cradled over the bumps and tar strips in the road. A ride in the Trans Am will make you appreciate the fate of a beach ball.

The sports suspension hugs... Read More