1995 Pontiac Firebird

Great looking car

by from Ohio on February 15, 2009

I purchased a 1995 firebird in 2005 with 86,000 miles on it. The car had the 3.4L V6 that produced 160hp and, averaged about 26mpg. Was very reliable and it gave me no problems at all. The V6 lacked performance when compared to the 5.7L V8 offered in the Trans Am and Formula, but it did not seem under powered. The styling of the car was very aggressive, and exotic looking it turned heads as it reminded many of a high end sports car. The interior had a cockpit feel and the controls where well planed. The car’s ride was quite rough but that is to expected form a car that rides this low to the ground. Over all I loved my firebird but I would strongly recommend a V8 model because the difference in fuel economy is not great and a lot more performance doesn’t hurt.

Steal this car if it has the LT1 or WS6 pacakge!!!

by from Martinsville, IN on September 25, 2009

I have the 95 Formula version of this car. I won't say anything bad about the other engines offered, but if you find one with the rare LT1 engine, buy it, borrow it, or steal it. Wow...what a car. Mine also has the WS6 handling package which includes ABS and traction control. Think about it...traction control on a MUSCLE car!! Dump the clutch, and you end up in the rear seat. I love these things!! I would buy a second one in a heart beat!!

Proud Pontiac Owner

by from Northern VA on June 10, 2011

Convertible T/A with 168K. I added the RAM AIR hood and induction. Only problem so far is the OptiSpark. Don't go with the off brand - Go GM. It will save you headache in the long run. The leather driver's seat does tear and wear but the lumbar and seat adjustments feel great. Power weight ratio gives it "GO" and "Handling". Traction control, ABS and Air Bags add to the safety. It is a very fun car. Get out there and grab them while they're cheap.

Sweet Car

by from metro detroit, mi on March 26, 2007

I Just got mine 2months ago perfect drives like it was new. it has 104000 miles on and its a ws.6 i love 165 on the freeway its so fast.

Best performance for value

by from Ohio on April 27, 2008

this car (along with the camaro) gives more hp and torque than any other car in its class including the Mustang!

Probably Abused

by from Gulf Shores, AL on April 29, 2009

First of all, let me state I am sure it is because previous owners abused what is now my car, but I have had to constantly fix things here and there. The headlights are very delicate and quit working easily. If your trip is more than an hour or two, plan on taking the other car. The seats lack support and cramp you. I can't be too critical because I got a pretty good deal on the car itself. Beware of having engine serviced. The spark plugs and wires are extremely hard to maintain... I got a quote for $400 in labor alone to change out. The quality of the cosmetics are a bit cheap and break easily. This car wasn't meant to go over 150,000 miles, so get ready to maintain the heck out of it. Good luck everyone!

Audilover

by from Winter Garden, FL on September 10, 2008

This car drives better than A BMW its very good car. I had this car for 12 years now I have an Audi also the firebird.

A Very Affordable Sports Car!

by from Lillian, Alabama on March 12, 2017

This is by far the best car I've ever owned, nothing on today's market can compare unless you spend over $30K, and new conversions are well over $70K so if you happen to find one of these rare gems you should snap it up!

pontiac firebird formula

by from Galax on April 6, 2017

fastest car i have ever owned. added ram air hood, new tires and paint job new a/c unit as well, no rips or tears on the seats love the frog headlights got the original hood to go with it as well

HOT CAR

by from Macomb,Michigan on July 13, 2017

Is a fun car to drive and gets up and go when I step on it. Of course it has to be a red convertible. It does get the stairs and everybody likes how it looks.

Our Expert Review: 1995 Pontiac Firebird