Read or write a review.

Change Year
Average based on 11 reviews

End of an era

by from NC on January 22, 2007

These Trans Ams were the last of the modern muscle cars before GM decided to come out with the 'new' retro styled Camaro (no new Trans Ams are planned). Price tags in the mid $30's were part of the problem but you can't ask for more of a muscle car than these. Incredible performance from the LS1 engine (same as Corvette) and styling that turns heads as if driven off the showroom floor today. Top marks in every category from me and this is my 2nd one (11 years of Firebird ownership). If looking for a 'used' model be careful of the prior ownership as many are driven hard and abused. No car can take abuse no matter how strong the engine. Insurance is also an issue for young buyers, convertibles being the highest cost. The only negatives with these cars are the hidden headlamps and power window motors. Not serious issues but noteworthy. Also be careful in the rain due to all the power transfer to the rear wheels. Don't get cheap with the tires. They came with factory performance Goodyear tires so don't put cheap Japanese tires on American muscle. Buying a low mileage, well maintained model for half sticker is a deal of a lifetime, and years of high performance enjoyment.

Love this car!!!

by from Philadelphia,PA on February 4, 2011

I have always been a fan of the trans-am. The styling on these cars is so eye catching. Who could not love thoes four hood scoops snarling at you? I got my trans am from a man who needed cash bad. The car was his baby and he didnt want to see it go. The car has been garaged kept its who life and only seen rain 3 times since 1998. I had the clutch master cylinder go bad on me but besides that i have had zero problems with it. The car has so much power and the 6 speed shifts smooth. The only complaint i have about the car is its performance on wet roads, having been caught in a few freak rain storm my self, the car does tend to slide around a bit. Just be carfull with it and you will be fine. I would reccomend this car to anyone who loves aggresive styling, and a powerfull loud v8.

So Good I Bought A Second!

by from Minneapolis, MN on December 2, 2008

I just love this car for all the right reasons. It looks better than anything out there at a comparable price hands down. It's a fun car to drive and with the hatchback style and folding down rear seats it provides a heck of a lot of utility for such a little car when need be too! I used it to drive my brand new 42 inch screen home and was able to close the hatch with it inside. What more could you ask for?

Sexy looks and great performance!!

by from Florida on September 2, 2009

Love the aggressive styling, power, and performance on my 2001 Trans am. These cars were truly the last of the breed. Always wanted a 1998-2002 model and finally i came across a clean one that was worth the buy. A shame Pontiac died. Long live the firebird!!!

What an incredible ride!

by from Clearlake, CA on November 12, 2007

I found it so incredible that they stopped making this car. A car that looks like that, with an American V8 and 6 speed manual, what's not to love. The power this car puts out will not leave you disapointed. Mine is kept garaged and doesn't know what rain is. Unfortunately most of the other ones I see are not being treated well. Therefore, finding one in very good condition may be difficult. And if its like mine, won't be for sale. I'll have this car till I die, it's just that cool.

Great car on gas and to ride in

by from Oklahoma on December 5, 2012

This car is wonderful on gas, especially when set on cruise. The seats are so comfy and the design is perfect for such a sporty car. Plenty of room in the back and the trunk. The heater and A/C work perfect. No problems with anything and its the most comfortable car I have ever driven.

great look,speed & sound

by from Paramus , N.J. on October 13, 2012

I have worked and have done autobody and mechanics on cars for the past 40 years . This car is incredible and looks excellent for its age. I could tell it was always garaged and maintained. If I could afford it and had another spot in my garage I would have bought it already. I wish everyone woukd keep their vehicle like this. This has original low miles on it.

Best car i've ever owned

by from PA on October 26, 2006

And that goes with such vehicles as my '05 dodge srt-4, '06 subaru wrx, and my '69 chevrolet corvette stingray

Wonderful car

by from San Antonio, TX on December 5, 2006

Never had a better car than this one i would recommend it for anyone that wants a sports car very reliable and nice on the inside and out

car i owend

by from clarkville ,Tenn on January 3, 2007

all around great car, it has great power it is a nice flashy car and it carrys it self very well for being a rwd car, it is good on gas and has and nice stereo

Similar Models