2009 Pontiac G3 consumer reviews

side view of 2009 G3 Pontiac
Explore the 2009 Pontiac G3
2.0

It’s ok if it worked

Is a small nice vehicle with a with little bit of room but the performance is terrible is not worth the money you rather pay more for a better car

Amazing for daily drive

this car was perfect for me to go to work, great on gas comfortasble and really fun to drive it since it compacted.

4.0

Starter Car

This is a great starter car. It got me through high school and university with plenty of trips back home!

PONTIAC 2009 G3

Bought this car from cars.com led me to dealer .Ive used cars.com twice to buy my vehicles and it is always best cars and prices I have bought.Thank You Cars.com

2.7

Was ok

I had this car for 7 yrs and I have to say I never broke down in it. I never really had too many issues with it. My biggest complaint was it had manual Windows and the engine was too noisy. I think for as small as it is fuel economy could have been much better. Honestly if I would have test drove it at the dealer, I would not have bought it.

3.0

Not too shabby but..

I actually bought this car used as my options were limited. I will say that Ive beaten on it and its held up fairly well. For about 10 months I commuted and drove (including New England winters) 600+ miles a week and it held up fairly well. My clock shorted out shortly after I got it-I could car less about that. Im having O2 sensor issues now...have gotten a tune up and regular maintenance. Gas mileage is good, and I don't expect a boat load of power, it is a 4 cylinder. I pay it off in a year and plan in running it into the ground, I have 135,000 miles now, but it'll keep on keeping on..

Great Style & Value for the $$$

It is comfortable, roomy, stylish, has great fuel economy, has electric everything, sunroof and a great sound system. The back seats fold down making a nice size cargo space for this size car. The back seat actually easily fits adults. I've driven it in all seasons and it handles extremely well. I would highly recommend buying this car. For a $10,000 car, it certainly is well worth it and it looks good too!

1.4

Not Pleased

I purchased this car new in Dec of 2009 The entire engine has been replaced after only 21,000 miles I've had it in for repairs after a long time of stalling out during driving that wasn't diagnosed until it became so frequent and predictable I was able to take a mechanic to witness it. the tires wore out after only 23,000 miles I'd expect great mileage from such a small car, but only got over 30 mpg once. (its a manual transmission) I have dents as a result of small branches falling from a tree - the metal is very thing and very susceptible to damage

1.3

piece of junk transmission! no more GM vehicles!

i bought this car brand new in 2009 because i needed something small and reliable. well 2 years and 40,000 miles later it needed a whole new transmission. the GM service center i took it to where i bought it from told me it was fine "thats just how it drives" i knew something wasn't right so a month later when the problem kept getting progressively worse and it literally sounded like i was driving in neutral i took it to a different GM service garage and they immediately could tell something wasn't right. needless to say i am not pleased with this car and am now going to court over it because it is horrible and i could've really gotten hurt. the G3 sucks, and i will never buy another GM product again!

1.4

You may regret it as I do

I have had the car just over two years and have had more repairs and small issues that with my previous two cars together. The clock shorted out and had to be replaced. The one spark plug was cracked and had to be replaced. The anti-theft had to be reprogramed because the car would not start. The ignition coil was cracked and it,and all spark plugs had to be replaced. Like I said I've had the car just over two years and 40,000miles, I'm already out of warranty and I'm responsible for fixing this piece of junk. Any dealership who sold or sells this car should be ashamed.