2008 Pontiac G5 consumer reviews

side view of 2008 G5 Pontiac
Explore the 2008 Pontiac G5
4.3

Good First Car

Bought the base model last November at 129k. The car was recently totaled at 135k. The car was easy and fun to drive, and was really powerful for a V4 engine. I averaged at 24.5 MPG. Since it had 130+ miles however, I had to replace several parts. A headlight, rear shocks, serpentine belt, and the AC did stopped working. If you are to buy this car I would recommend buying it with lower millage, so you won't have as many problems. I planned to keep this car until it died, it was a good little car.

Best car I've owned!

This is the 3rd vehicle I've ever owned and honestly has been the best car! I've had it for 5 years and LOVE everything about it. Its sporty, stylish, gets great cash mileage, very reliable, no issues, drives great, awesome exterior and sunroof. I get lots of compliments on this vehicle!

2.4

This Car Sucks

I bought my G5 brand new in 2008 and I've had random problems this entire time. A couple sensors have failed, the radio has been replaced and needs to be replaced again for problems, the wipers act funny and the suspension sucks really bad. I've taken the car in several times and had leaking struts, loose control arms and bushings. A week or two after it comes out of the shop, the suspension is rattling again! Random rattling noises come from somewhere inside the car. A common problem I've researchered among all G5s is that the fan makes a noise that cannot be fixed!! I've had mine replaced twice and the noise still hasn't gone away and it's only when the heat is on! Also, now I'm getting nuts from bolts inside the car coming off at random. I don't drive aggressively or put the car through punishment on the road and yet this car is literally falling apart. I officially hate GM after this horrible investment.

Awesome Gas Mileage!

Cute & Sporty, excellent gas mileage! My son and friends thought is was a sports car. Has some zip to get around the slow pokes!

2.9

Pontiac G5 in Canada

The car is a pretty good vehicle. Mine came with sun roof, XM radio, cruise control. The info window is something I really like. Averaging 56 km's per hour speed and achieving 8.2 litres per 100 km's. Acceleration is not what my daughter would like to see.

A great car for the money

a great car for the money wonderful looks great handling performs well drives smooth/quiet excellent economy

I LOVE MY PONTIAC G5 GT

I traded in a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 for this car back in June and so far I love it.. The only drawback I had with the car (which is now fixed) is after a heavy rain we discovered the moon roof was leaking.. It is a comfortable ride and lots of power for a 4 cylinder.. I have the 5 speed and wouldnt trade it for anything.. I get 29mpg in town and about 32mpg highway.. It was well worth its money..

4.0

Good Car / Great for the price

The fly by wire steering is evident immediately and I would prefer rack and pinion. You can also tell at once that the rear end is not independent suspension. The interior is stark. However, the engine for this type of car is very quiet and quick. A little too much wind and road noise but not for this class car. After the rebate and almost fully loaded it is still under 16k. For that price this car is a great deal.

4.4

Great car

for my first "NEW" car I'm very impressed with the handling and "Bang for the Buck". With the standard airbags and nice sound system and fuel milage this car hits the mark for any commuter.

Better than expected!

I traded in a 2003 Mustang coupe. As much as I loved my Mustang, this car handles well, has great pick up and is such a smooth drive. The only drawback...and I read this by others, too, before buying...is a blindspot that you can't get past when you need to see out the back. I have owned this car for over a month and already get 28 mpg city. It great!! It's starting to get warm here and I haven't had to use my air conditioner once because the recirculating does an amazing job making the air cold! If you get the sport wheels, though, check the pontiac emblem to make sure it's in there tight. One of mine popped out and I have to pay for a new one. Not much, but it stinks that I have to replace something on a new car already. Overall, I'm happy with my trade and I'm ecstatic about the gas mileage. I can't wait for a road trip!