Read or write a review.

4.3
Average based on 7 reviews

My first car

by from maryland on May 1, 2009

Well i got the car used in 08. i have had to replace a joint flex pipe expensive like 149 or so. but other than that no other issues i figure for a 97 run it till it dies

Very reliable car

by from nebraska on July 15, 2008

My parents bought their Sunfire new in '97 and I bought it from them in '03. We now have over 300,300 miles on it and it's still running fine! Suspension needs updated, but only usual maintenance (oil change, tire rotation) since '97. I've heard bad things about these cars, but I have been very impressed.

Reliable Car

by from on July 1, 2013

I have lived in the coldest area of California, where temps would be freezing and never had a problem starting up my car. I then moved to Southern California a couple years later and the car had no problem adjusting to the extreme hot temps. I've only had to replace a power steering pump and rear brake cylinders, and that was two years ago. There has been no problem since. It was a good value for the car for it has been very reliable. I've taken it on 7 long distance trips that were 700 miles with no problem.

best car i've own

by from on August 14, 2012

i have 200,000 on it get 34 miles a gallon i put some new thing like new cat tires egr that abut it the best car ever

nice car

by from South Texas on April 1, 2007

gas mileage is good, performance is good, ease of use great, access is ok, interior is great, maintanance is tight.

My first car

by from Pensacola, FL on February 22, 2011

This car was my first car, it was a '97, great car, but mine overheated and blew a head gasket. Overall great car, drove it for five years.

Be prepared to spend money on repairs

by from New Jersey on April 16, 2009

I've had this car for ten years and have replaced the alternator, cylinder head gasket, and ultimately the 4t40e transaxle went and had to be rebuilt. This car suffers from what's called "morning sickness" whereupon being left overnight in the cold, the transaxle is incapable of moving the car until it warms up due to internal fluid leaks from the tranny seals. No fun!

Similar Models