2005 Pontiac Sunfire consumer reviews

$10,895–$15,205 MSRP range
side view of 2005 Sunfire Pontiac
Explore the 2005 Pontiac Sunfire

A great inexpensive car

I bought this car used from a friend, so I know the entire history. Everything is original except the alternator, starter motor and cooling fan were all replaced once. At 213,000 miles this car still looks, runs and drives like new. It looks cool and has plenty of zip for a 4 cylinder. Fun to drive and handles really well. If I had one complaint it would be that when the ABS kicks in it seems to do more harm than good. I've been meaning to figure out how to just disable the ABS and go with old school brakes, but it's not enough of a problem to motivate me that much. In short, these are great economical cars that just keep on going. I fully expect this to be my first car to crack 300,000 miles.

3.0

sporty, fairly dependable, in some ways cheap

I was impressed by the cars sporty performance and in the three years I owned it, I have had no major issues with it. The fuel economy is nothing special and some of its parts are cheap. The wiper linkage system fell apart and I had to salvage one from an '02 caviler. The molding on the driver side door was sort of pealing off and would get caught in the door frame. The car had 101k miles when I traded it in.

Most reliable car I ever owned

I bought this car slightly used in 2006. I owned it for 12 years and put 87000 miles on it. It was dependable and got great gas mileage. I believe this would be a perfect starter car for a young person.

Most reliable car yet

This car has been turned to a boat a few times dew to flooding and a few other things now has 153000 miles still going strong

Great Work car

I bought mine used. 86K miles for an 05 was great. The body was a bit scratched but has ran very reliable. Great pick up. I put about 40 miles a day on it and it does great .

Good car Low Miles

This car meets all my needs. It has plenty of legroom in the front and back. I use it to commute to work ( I work on a drilling rig) and back home everyday and that's it. A.c. and heater blows really well. Good car all around

3.9

Most Reliable

This vehicle is a pretty decent and reliable car. Haven't had any major issues with this car since I have had it. I think this is a decent car for someone who is just starting out driving or who simply needs for commuting. It is an excellent gas saver, it doesn't take much to fill up the gas tank. Pretty good car!

Sunfire

Although some people don't like the Sunfire, my experience was really good, I bought it used at 48,000 miles and the car lasted to over 200,000 miles. When the car was young it looked great ,had get up and go, and got great gas mileage. The car served me well.

3.3

Great starter car

This was a great car that held together well. I bought it used with about 12,500K miles on it in 2006 and recently sold it with about 106,000K miles on it. Everything worked well for about the first 50K (62,500K), I even used fully synthetic blend oil to give the car a little extra life. My problem is what you would expect from an american made car in this range. Cheaply made interior that started to peel or fall apart around 80K miles, the lumbar spring broke in my seat. (I'm athletic and not a big guy at 5'11 183) I had to fix the tail pipe 3x times, engine started loosing RPM's and gas miliage suddently, window motor on the passenger side died, and the CD player broke. Honestly all of those problems are cheap fixes; however, like anything else nickle and dime fixes do at up over time. Great started car, no major issues but keep in mind this is american made so nickle and dime problems are to be expected down the road.

3.9

2003 Pontiac Sunfire- First Car

This is a very good car, I've had mine for a month and a half and it runs great and gets exceptional gas mileage. The exterior of the car is sleek and nice looking but the interior isn't the most attractive. The car drives smooth and the seats are comfortable to sit in not to look at. I would recommend this car to a friend.