2007 Pontiac Torrent Consumer Reviews

4.3
Average based on 11 reviews

comfortable and stylish

by from ny on November 2, 2007

just bought a leftover 2007 Torrent . car is very stylish and looks like its worth more than it costs. being over 6 ft i do appreciate gm finaly making comfortable seats. cons?minor. turning radius, parking brake lever; awkward placement. great hit for my driving kids.

Great buy for the money.

by from Gaithersburg, MD on December 5, 2007

I've owned my Torrent for one year now and have no major complaints. The ride is very comfortable, especially on extended trips. I've not had a single mechanical problem and I find it has plenty of power to merge onto urban freeways and to climb the mountains of Western Maryland.. It's easy to drive, and it's proof to me that US manufactures are once more making quality and reliability a priority. My two previous cars were a Toyota Corolla and a Honda CRV. In comparison, the Torrent is more for the money, and so far, every bit as dependable.

Love it for city or highway driving

by from IN on January 9, 2008

Negative: Cruise control was not standard so for the money we opted not to take it. Wish I had now. Back seat riding isn't real comfortable, seats are hard. Also, bucket seat compartment not user friendly. Positive: Love the handling and features and everything else about it.

Great vehicle

by from Gun Lake, MI on April 19, 2007

My Torrent is a very good looking vehicle and I am averaging 21 mpg. It rides nice and handles well. The engine could use a little more power and the transmission shifts more than I am used to but it is a 5 speed auto. The value for the price is very good. I don't like the way the center armrest is as it is impossible to get to the CD holder. The cup holders block access to the area under the armrest and it only has 1 power outlet. Overall I rate the vehicle at a stron 4 out of 5.

Best car I've owned

by from Trenton, OH on June 21, 2011

I've had my FWD Silver Torrent for a few years now. Just like the rest of my previous pontiacs that I've owned, I've never had any problems at all. Love the V6, plenty of power. Best SUV I have ever owned. Really want to keep my Torrent for a while...even though Pontiac is dead and they quit making the Torrent. If I ever do decide to trade it in...will be sad to see it go because it will be my last Pontiac. :(

The Best in Safety

by from Brownsville, Texas on July 5, 2013

It is a great vehicle to drive, excellent for a family. Great stability and control. I really recommend it.

No problems from day one.

by from Central Florida on January 1, 2007

Torrent has been tight and quiet. I find performance and gas mileage better than expected. The seats are comfortable, even for long drives. I especially like the smooth 5 speed tranny, it makes the modest 185 hp seem like much more. It is alot of car for the money. The safety features are usually found on more expensive cars at extra cost. A good sounding engine! Only real complaint is: instruments are sometimes hard to read, sun seems to find them often.

too soon to tell

by from port jefferson,nmew york on December 27, 2006

great looking car for a woman.great legroom in backseat for anyone(including 6 footers).negotiated great price fully loaded for $27,300. Seats are too small and not confortable at all.Missing rear seat lighting(has only a center dome.) nice red lighting on dashboard at nights.gas mileage is overstated.Easy acess in and out.

2007 Sliver Torrent

by from Mesa,AZ on October 19, 2009

I have owned this car for over a year. It drives great! I dont want to get rid of this car. I think this car will last long time.

will start even at-40

by from yukon canada on February 6, 2007

The only problem I have with my car is snow from the windshield gets trapped by the wipers and is hard to sweep away