2009 Torrent

2009 Pontiac Torrent

2009 Pontiac Torrent

4.4

Have You Driven the 2009 Pontiac Torrent?

Luv this car!

by I like my Pontiac from Williamsport, PA on Tue Dec 28 2010

I thought I'd have to give up alot when I went from a Grand Prix to my Torrent but I was mistaken. I love how the Torrent handles both in good weather and bad. I also like the sporty look of the car but really like the sporty way it drives. I just have to remember that I'm higher off the ground and can't take corners like the Prix! This is a great vehicle!

2nd one

by SD torrent from SD on Sun Sep 13 2009

This is the 2nd Torrent that my wife and I have purchased. This one is a nearly loaded AWD torrent. We have gotten 26 MPG on the highway and the computer in the cars shows 22.6 MPG overall. All weather handling is very good. The AWD handles most road conditions very confidently. The sliding rear seat is very nice to increase rear leg or rear cargo area as needed. Only two complaints. The turning radius could be tighter, and the fuel tank could use a couple more gallons. The reliblity of this vehical can not be faulted as it has been with out problem in 40,000.

Really like my decision

by ellbowl from Eau Claire WI on Wed Dec 12 2012

Did a lot of research off other reviews and really like my decision. Am glad that I was able to find this vehicle a short distance from my home location.

This IS VERY DEPENDABLE.

by Pony from Burr, Nebraska on Thu Jun 21 2018

LOVE IT. Has been very dependable in transporting my husband to hospital during our hurried trips to the ER. The ?Pony? is my baby, I feel very safe when I?m by myself.

Love the comfort

by mcquaggenora from Orlando on Tue Mar 23 2010

This is a very comfortable car for all 4 of our family plenty of leg room and a nice larger driving seat I love the space in the trunk for my stuff my only complaint is the wheel when i turn it it doesnt turn as well as other vehicles but i do love it i've had it for 4 years with no major work to be done!

I fell in love during the test drive

by Michelle from Staunton, IL on Wed Feb 28 2018

This car is the nicest car I have owned. I bought it used but it was in near perfect condition. It has so many more features than any other car and was affordable.

Worst turning radius ever!

by Kpell from Canada on Sun Sep 17 2017

Great looking vehicle, caught my eye and reason I purchased fully loaded and new. Should never have spent the money on the extra warranty. Every problem I had in the first three years never seemed to be covered my manufacture and when it ran out by extended warranty. Now I see the recall list and scared to take my truck to the dealership to be billed for a recall item . After spending what I did on new, I would never do that again. The turning radius is horable, I've lived on the road with my job, owning several vehicles over the years and this by far has to be rated the worst for parking, or getting into any tight spot. The bar rings have been replaced twice and electrical problems since day one. The paint started peeling after owing the truck for 6 month, the clear finish upgrade I purchased. What a mess. Thisxwas the first time I purchased the clear finish to protect highway driving and bad weather, the dealer fixed it and it happened again. The motor on the drivers side went, sunroof leaked, motherboard was replaced, ignition replaced, kept stalling when I was driving , now my airbag light is on, my window switches are not working again, the wire broke in the drivers door and my window fell in the door at the US boarder driving my friend back from the Buffalo Airport. Time to sell and start looking for an import. I've never had problems when I purchased my Maxama, or Acura.

Does not recommend this car!!

Stylish exterior, ROAD NOISE

by Mainesuvfan from Northern, ME on Wed Jul 29 2009

I purchased this vehicle a month ago, traded a 06 Envoy, thought I would try an AWD this time. Went with the base model with 16" wheels. I really like the exterior styling of this vehicle, the price was right with dealer incentives, it has a TON of room inside for passengers, i.e. long legged teenagers and carseats. On the other hand the road noise is HORRIBLE!!!!!! Interstate driving where there are cracks in the road are the worst. The radio needs to be turned 3/4 of the way up just to be heard. One other minor thing that bugs me about this car is the armrest is too low and the window frame is too high, there is no place to comfortably rest your left arm :o{. Will have to wait and see how this vehicle handles in snow and slush.

Does not recommend this car!!