Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2007 Vibe

2007 Pontiac Vibe

2007 Pontiac Vibe

Have You Driven the 2007 Pontiac Vibe?

Great economy car for my kids

by trbstang from Houston, TX on Wed Sep 14 2011

We bought a 1 yr old Vibe for my son when he was in high school, and it has been a great car these past 3 years. Only had one real problem, the powertrain computer went out and was replaced under warranty, which is what the recall they have out now is for. Also had to have the rear window motors replaced for some reason, they quit going down. We get a good 28+ mpg in the city and I have achieved 35mpg on the highway with it. Now my daughter is driving it to high school, and I'm shopping for another one for myself! Wish GM had kept it as a small GMC, it would have fit well with their SUV lineup as the smallest one. Even the dealer tells me they are the best cars he's ever sold as far as reliability.

Great Car!

by mim from NorCal on Tue Nov 01 2011

I bought this car because it was basically the Toyota Matrix American style for about 3000 less than its Japanese counterpart. I had it for 3+ years with no problems whatsoever. I got hit and insurance totaled the car, or I'd still be driving it. I then bought a 2010 Toyota Matrix, only because Pontiac doesn't exist any longer. It was a great car for a great price. I was sorry to see Pontiac go by the wayside. They were one of the few American cars that had cars with styling and gas milage.

Exceeds expectations

by New Vibe Lover from Ohio on Sat Jan 29 2011

This is the car I've wanted for some time. It's not a luxury car ride, but I wasn't looking for that. The ride is sturdy. It handles well, seats four comfortably (can be a little tight in the back seat), is good on gas (28-30 city), and has a lot of cargo room. It's a crossover worth considering. A nice exterior design, sporty.

Love it!!

by Minneapolis Vibe girl from Minneapolis, MN on Thu Jul 03 2008

The only thing I really don't like is the name! Seriously, it is a bit goofy. I've had my car for about 2 months now, after trading in my Pathfinder which I loved back in the old days of low gas prices. The Vibe gets nearly double the MPG compared to my last vehicle. I love doing the math when I fill up! I get about 30 mpg for mixed city and highway, and just went for a longer freeway drive (300 miles) and got just over 35. And I still had a quarter of a tank of gas left! The driver's seat sits high up, which helped with my transition from an SUV. It is really comfortable for me. The only reaon that I ranked it a bit lower for comfort was that my friend in the back seat on the road trip called it the torture chamber after a few hours. As far as cargo room, it has a more usable space than my Pathfinder, especially with both the back seats down flat. Add that the front passenger seat folds down flat (I fit 2 Ikea bookcases on one trip, and a ladder on another), and this feature really shines. I love this car! I agree with another review that it just looks cooler than the Matrix; the front end just looks great. I never had seen many Vibes around here, but now that I'm driving one, I see them everywhere.

not perfect but really good

by ole mcdonald from North central Texas on Sat Jan 02 2010

Three problems: a surplus bolt rattling around under the passenger side floor, front passenger door pull cup had retainer screw torqed all the way through the bottom of the cup, total electrical failure while driving (2 times), but self restored within minutes. dealer unable to diagnose. gas mileage has been 29 to 34, depending on length of trip on an interstate. Fun car to drive, sits easy, very responsive to inputs, good luggge space and tie-downs.

Cute and Convenient!

by cute and comfortable! from Salt Lake City, Utah on Mon Aug 03 2009

I just traded in my Hyundai for my 07' Vibe, and I absolutely love my new car! The vibe is really attractive on the outside, and very nice on the inside. The upholstery is really nice and I love how spacious it is! I don't need a car this size quite yet... but it'll be great to have in a few years! I call is the Sexy Soccer Mom car ha ha I would reccommend this car to everyone. And the hatch-back is AWESOME! :)

Solid car

by Pizza Man from Spring Hill,TN on Mon May 14 2012

I bought this 2007 Pontiac Vibe for my 17 year old son. It's not sporty or fast(which is agood thing for a teenage boy), but super reliable. Other than filling the gas tank,rotating the tires and getting the oil changed regularly this hasn't cost us a dime. It serves my purpose well, which is to have reliable, safe transportation for my son.

Very efficient reliable car

by cven from Sylvania, Ohio on Sun Nov 11 2012

Typically I lean toward a sports car, but due to the changing economy, I looked for a vehicle that was safe and fuel efficient. I found that in my Vibe. I love this car. I drive this around town and also on vacations. It has proven to be safe, reliable, affordable and it really does have good pick up off the start. I fully recommend, if you can get your hands on one these cars, to purchase it.

Great buy

by Gman from Brownsburg, IN on Mon Aug 29 2011

This car is as good as all the reviews said it would be. It gets consistently over 32 mpg as long as I keep my foot out of the engine. Over 70 mph I still got over 29 mpg. Fairly comfortable ride for a small car because the seats sit higher and you don't feel like you are riding along on the ground. For a small car, it is also amazingly quiet. I liked the Vibe so much, my daughter bought the cousin car, the Toyota Matrix. It is identical, which is one reason the Vibe is so dependable. It's a shame GM didn't pick up production in another line to keep the Vibe alive.

Easiest car ever driven

by catycat from oxford, nc on Thu Jan 28 2010

The only thing I don't like is when I look over my shoulder & am backing up, it's a little difficult to see behind me. Otherwise I'd say it's an excellent car to own and I'm so happy I bought it.

1 2 3 4