2008 Vibe

4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

good buy

by capt.harry from hosuton on December 12, 2011

bought used 3 mo. 50k miles, solid grocery getter, ecconomical, impressed with the quality, rebranded Matrix, small but comfort OK, busy ride due to short wheel base, & more road noise then a mid size, but if you need an exconimical fair priced & dependable car consider the vibe

Almost Perfect Vehicle

by MrLuddite from Minneapolis on June 11, 2011

2nd Vibe. Ex-wife has the 2004. Only bad points are harsh ride (I suspect due to tires that promotes great gas mileage) and electronic gauges that become invisible in sun light. Otherwise, my 2008 has been 100% trouble-free in 50,000 miles. I have slept in it (comfortably) in National Parks, have used it to pull a trailer, loaded with a motorcycle, 5,000 miles and have driven it across North Dakota with 4 passengers and their luggage at 75 mph. And driving very conservatively, I have achieved 40.2 MPG in combination city/suburban driving. And....I think it's a pretty good looking car for it's size.

best car ive owned

by lisa from saint louis, mo on September 11, 2010

got my 2008 used with 27000 miles. i love it. i am long-legged and still found the drivers seat to be comfy. great gas mileage. theres lots of storage space, yet it handles like a compact car. iv always had small cars, and i was a little worried about getting used to this one, but it zips around with the best of em. only had it 6 months, but no probs. my mom has a 2009, very reliable, which was the selling point for me. the cup holders are too close together. thats the only thing i can complain about. its really a toyota with a pontiac body. and you know toyotas reputation. and it was made in california.

I love my Vibe

by jeffsa from Louisville, KY on August 16, 2010

This is the best little car ever. I haul two dogs and two kids in it. I haul 9-foot garage doors in it. I haul 16-foot pieces of trim in it. It gets 27 mph in the city of I am careful. I am 6' 5" and the car is amazingly comfortable. The computer went out on mine at 32,00 miles or so. Under warranty. Still .... Also, controls are a bit awkward. Only complaints. Bought it used, 21,000 miles, was a rental car.

2 time owner

by livin life to the fullist from Kearney Nebraska on February 27, 2009

This is the 2nd vibe we have owned 1st 2006 loved it so much we my wife got rear ended and no major injuries we bought our 2nd a 2008 just like the 1st and it is great also great mileage and fun to drive

nice car for the money

by egg man from new albany, in on November 4, 2007

I really enjoy the handling and the overall look. Getting between 33-35 mpg with mixed driving from the manual transmission (2000 miles total). Easy to get child in and out of the back seat. Pretty happy so far.

2003 Vibe - love It!

by patches from Kansas City on May 4, 2008

My 2003 FWD 4 cylinder now has over 72k miles on it and I love this car. Its not the sportiest, or the fastest or the most comfy car on the market, but it is very reliable, roomy inside, attractive, has wonderful gas mileage, is safe and can transport a ton. In short, its the best car in its pricepoint. The fold flat seats are genuis. Its amazing what I can fit from Lowes in this car. Have car seats? I can fit two car seats and a third person in the back seat. Try that with some bigger cars. They won't fit. I average over 30mpg. At $3.50 a gallon this has been a life saver. And check out the resale value. Only complaints - needs a telescoping steering wheel. If you are long legged you will find it awkward at first. The cupholders could be better designed, as they are too close to each other in the front. There is road noise, but upgrading to Good Year Comfort Treads helped a ton. I wish it had a retractable cargo cover and a light under the cargo cover area. I would buy this car again! In a heartbeat.

Good Deal

by gas milaege crossover from Watertown on May 1, 2012

I loved my first pontiac vibe soo much traveled over 200,000 miles with it and needed a vehicle that wouls get good gas mileage at price I could afford. This car fit the bill... and fits my checkbook! Love it's versatility and space as well.

Unbeatable value

by Bearman from Newfoundland, Canada on March 19, 2014

On my second Vibe. Bought both used, when they were 4 years old. Drove the first (it was an '04) for four years and didn't spend any money on repairs, just tires and brakes. Had my second (the '08) for two years now, same story. Little engine is very willing and great on gas. Interior is huge and fold-flat seats great for camping and hauling gear. Driver's seat could be more supportive and wear's a bit thin on all-day road trips but that's my only complaint. I like the first generation (04-08) better than newer models, otherwise I might consider another in a couple years.

Perfect car for me and my dogs

by colts from denver on December 14, 2007

This car, after 2000 miles, is still the best car I've ever had. It has good pickup in the hills, plus great mileage..The backseat that can seat 3, or go flat to seat dogs, gear, stuff, more dogs..Theres nothing I don't like about this car.Well, the drivers seat could be better.So far, the 2008 vibe is great!!

1 2