2010 Vibe

2010 Pontiac Vibe

2010 Pontiac Vibe

Have You Driven the 2010 Pontiac Vibe?

vibe #2

by just a mom in school from Orem, Utah on Fri Nov 12 2010

My husband bought me my first Vibe so I would be safe as I commuted to grad school in the winter and we could save money on gas. It has awd and still gets around 28 mpg. I loved that car from the first trip to school. I had it less than a year when we decided to take that car up North for a family reunion. We were coming in late and all but my husband (who was driving) were asleep. Suddenly a 5 point bull elk jumped out from the other side of the road just as an oncoming car was about to pass us. Keith had averted his eyes to the right side to avoid the blinding headlights and had no time to react. That elk completely demolished the front and roof of the car as it left carnage along the hood and drivers-side roof. Every person in that car got out with just a few scratches due to the shattered moon roof raining down. The safety features in that car saved my family. I have no doubt that my husband would have been impaled if not for the immediate airbag release. I woke up to a tight seat belt and an airbag pinning my head in my sleep position. My daughter said she woke up and sat up. The air bag had pushed her away from the window she was leaning on which was also shattered by that elk. The HP could not believe that everyone was safe when the car was so destroyed. Thanks to the way the Vibe holds its value we were not upside down in our car loan. We looked at subaru's and suzuki's but got a vibe to replace the old vibe. I would buy it a third time if I had the chance.

Great little car

by Vibronic from Santa Fe, NM on Thu Feb 03 2011

This is the 3rd Vibe I've owned, and the final swan song for Pontiac. I upgraded to the GT because I like the power and sportiness of this model. The interior is roomy (great headroom), and seats extremely comfortable during long trips. The 2010 handles better in the snow than previous models, and the Monsoon sound is awesome. The GT's suspension is somewhat stiff, and is a bit noisy and bumpy on rough pavement. Gas mileage could be better, but all-around it is a very satisying car to own and drive.

Love my Vibe!!!!

by Fun to Ride from Central Village, CT on Wed Apr 13 2011

This is my 2nd Vibe. It is fun to drive, sharp looking, roomy, & comfortable. Great car for the money.

OK but fule economy power tradoff thier

by Lifes a trade off guy from New England on Mon Nov 07 2011

I think it's a fine sports hatch wagon.Got it for it's hatch space (up to 9ft with fron seat fold flat).Mine is the base 1.8 which get's good gas in low mid 30's but I imagine you definitely get more pop from 2.4 standard.Still my automatic has enoguh to get out of the way.Like th meaty 205 16 55's.Handles well enough and comfort is good not great (seats rood noise 4 of 5).If you want a wide box but don't want a mini van and would like to be 2/3rd to German Hatch or wagon all in all it's a good set of trade offs for the matrix of cargo,fuel comfort and ok if not inspired acceleration.Now to put a decent set of all season and check it out in snow.

Best choice I ever made!

by Vibeologist from Melbourne, FL on Tue Jan 08 2013

My prior car was a '07 Hyundai Santa Fe bought brand new off the lot. Car was nice enough but had I've gotten more comments about my 2010 Vibe, bought used, than I ever did with my Sante Fe (back when they weren't as widely seen. It has just enough power to get me in and out of traffic, its small enough to fit through the most "skin-of-your teeth" situations. I travel a lot for work so this is the perfect car to get around. Personally I hope to keep it for years to come!

Let the vibe survive!!

by Melanieluvsdave from on Thu Feb 09 2017

I love this car. I have been an owner of a Pontiac Vibe, 2010, for five years now. This car is highly reliable and has been able to surpass any of the tests I have put it through over the years. I knew from the beginning of our beautiful relationship when I took it to the mechanic for its pre purchase inspection, I was told it was a good car. I am a chicken to drive in the snow, but when I was caught in a snow storm my AWD kicked in while others were stranded on a BC hill, my Vibe just plowed up the hill through the snow and I ended up home safely. I have no shame when I'm broke as a joke and can only afford a few dollars to put in my tank. In fact, I'm proud, because I know my Vibe will be able to get me there despite that fact with its gas mileage. I like that I could use the car to drive the kids around in, or drive solo and feel young and free. I love being able to park anywhere with this car because it is easy to manoeuvre and fits basically in any parking spot. I also used this car for moving and was able to fit a lot it in by putting the seats down. I hope my Vibe lives forever.

great gas milage

by vibe hunter from Cornelia, Ga. on Sun Sep 23 2012

26 -29 city 34 -38 highway . Good power , easy cruise , Blind spot in rear corners like most small suv , seats comfort good to fair . Enough room and easy load hauling rear . Much less road noise than 2012 Soul or mitsubishi sport also better gas mileage . Teat drove both over week end avg mpg 24 city maybe 31 highway. enjoying the vibe bought 34000 on 39500 now

Pontiac Vibe AWD

by Edward from Charleston, SC on Fri Mar 06 2015

This is my second Vibe in 5 years. The 2006 has 130k miles and is running very well. I recently purchased a 2010 Vibe and am very satisfied with its performance. Vibe is one of few vehicles on the market without major mechanical recalls. It is also a very reliable car to own.

Most reliable car I have owned

by GoughBadley on Thu Nov 09 2017

Well built, great balance of fuel efficiency and power. Spacious for passengers with a surprising amount of cargo space.

Small but mighty!

by SheaM from Canton, OH on Sun Jul 09 2017

I love that my Vibe gets great mileage (30+ MPG). I also love that it appears small and compact, but the back seats fold down completely flat for anything you would need to transport. Just recently, we fit 3 guitars, two sets of golf clubs, and an amp and still had plenty of room for more.

1 2

Our Take on the 2010 Pontiac Vibe

I wrote my first test drive in 1984, and plenty of them were obituaries for departed brands that either died or left the U.S. market - Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Peugeot, Daihatsu, Daewoo, Yugo, Eagle, Isuzu, TVR, Bitter, Laforza, Merkur, Renault, Sterling, Alfa-Romeo, AM General - and man, that list turned out to be a lot longer than I thought it would be when I started writing this sentence.

None, though, made me as sad as this last test drive of a Pontiac, a brand so mismanaged by General Motors that its death is more of an assassination than from natural causes.

My family owned several Pontiacs - my mother still has a 1986 Grand-Am my father bought new shortly before he died - and my first Pontiac was... Read More