Best era of 911

by from Seattle, WA on November 10, 2011

The 1995-1998 era of the Porsche 911 (code named 993) might be the best ever. The 993 model is a combo of the best styling with stunning curves and a fast reliable air-cooled engine. The Carrera 4S and the Turbo (aka twin turbo) are the top of this line of cars and they hold their resale value well. Finding a good used 993 can be challenging and the prices will be shocking if you think a used 911 will be cheap. Do your research on used 911's and compare the 993 to the 996 and 997 models. You'll find that true Porsche enthusiasts are drawn to the 993 for its classic looks and simpler powerplant.

Daily ride

by from CT on December 25, 2011

I bought a '97 993 about one year ago. It's my daily ride (except when it snows). It's very comfortable for anything under 90 minutes. Beyond that I like to be in my wife's sedan. The 993 makes me grin everytime I drive it. The performance it unbelievable and reliability with 60k miles is top notch. The car's lines are classic, nothing like it. It never gets old, I was lucky to find it.

993 C2S

by from Washington,DC on March 10, 2017

By far the best car I have ever own and a joy to drive. The last and best of the air cooled. Join the rennlist community and become part of the best enthusiastic community.

Similar Models

Select up to three models to compare with the 1997 porsche 911

You have selected maximum of 3 cars

Remove one of these cars to add others or compare the below cars now.