1992 Porsche 968

It's A Sports Car You Can Drive Every Day

by from Bellingham, WA on January 20, 2008

I've owned my 968 for eight years and have driven it daily with no regrets. Make no mistake about it, it's a sports car that gives highest priority to performance so it's not especially quiet, cushy riding or full of cup holders. And I wouldn't have it any other way. This car will reward the avid driver with outstanding handling (>.9 g), acceleration (0-60 in 5.9 seconds), speed (156 mph) and efficiency (27 mpg freeway). When the car was new, price was the biggest disadvantage. As a used car, it's a bargain. Despite what other reviewers have said, I find the interior quite roomy (I'm 6"2') and with the rear seats folded down, I have 18 cubic feet of storage space. The car has a split personality. You can tool around in it at low revs and it really doesn't feel that powerful. Rev the engine a little so the variocam kicks it and you'll hear a slight howl sound as the car smoothly quickens its pace. It's a hoot and no turbos are used. It's been cheaper to maintain than my Ford van so I plan on keeping it until I wear it out. If you drive an SUV and think it drives like a sports car, do yourself a favor and drive a real sports car once in your life. It will change your perspective and put a smile on your face.

Not much goes wrong with these cars

by from NOVA on November 8, 2006

This is a great car all the way around, it is especially able to accomodate tall people. It is a powerful like the 944turbo and had classic looks. It looks great with the top up and down. I would recomend this car to anyone who enjoys cars.

Awesome car

by from Ohio on July 28, 2012

A wonderful car to drive. Handles amazing, great on gas and wonderful styling. Dependable and easy to get around town with.

incredible find for the money

by from on December 4, 2012

These cars are undervalued-an incredible offering from Porsche at the time-even now the performance and styling hold up--236 hp from a normally aspirated 4 cylinder engine is amazing--superb,predictable handling-very minor maintenance issues to date-

Best car to drive

by from Canfield,Ohio on February 21, 2015

I have a 95 Red Convertible with tan interior. It is a summer toy. Extremely reliable and VERY fun to drive. It is 6 speed and I actually prefer driving it over my 08, 911 tiptronic. All parts are available because of interchangeability with 944 parts. Replacing original top soon. These cars are very affordable.

Our Expert Review: 1992 Porsche 968