1999 Porsche Boxster consumer reviews

$41,000 starting MSRP
Photo not available
Explore the 1999 Porsche Boxster
Shop the 1999 Porsche Boxster

Boxter is an excellent handling car

the Boxter handles like no other Porsche it may not have 911 power but I believe it handles better, a great car I highly recommend it

My second Porsche Vehicle, very clean and fun

Car was well kept by previous owner, I was able to confirm service history from the company that service the car for the last 10 years Car was garage kept all this years

4.4

Great Top Down Car

The Porsche handling is evident. Good looking, great material quality. Good reliability but a bit sluggish at the start. Occasional warm start issues and I in cooling system has to be purged occasionally.

Best road and car match ever!

Love to drive a well designed car on an exciting road? Ever thought about driving a small but powerful Porsche Boxster convertible around the infamous 'Tail of the Dragon' circuit in Tennessee/North Carolina? Think about it, 318 lightly banked curves in 11 miles, all in the Great Smoky Mountains region! Pick the right day and you will be joined by either by a multitude of similarly inspired drivers or have the whole route pretty much to yourself. The Boxster's neutral weight distribution makes the curves a 'piece of cake' and there is enough horsepower available in the 2.5L, six cylinder engine to easily handle the nearly 2000 feet of elevation change on this famous route! Ultimate fun machine for this kind of road!

4.0

Performs on the road, Handling is superior

I would recommend the car for Porsche fans who for the moment may not have the budget for a 911. The mid-engine design ensures great handling, fuel economy is not bad, and long-distance touring can be done (as long as you don't have too much luggage!). The interior is the same as all 911s of the same time-period. A fun ride.

My favorite car ever

My 97 Porsche Boxster was my daily driver for six years. It was fun, good fuel economy, great build quality, and it cornered like it was on rails. A very reliable car. I traded it in on a new suv. I have missed that car every day. I will be buying another one.

3.9

Fun Car!

Nice weekend car. Very fun to drive. We take it out for a drive along the coast. Convertible top, great stereo and head turning style, love this car!

3.7

good deal in a fixer

The car is my second of the same, it is a great car for the price. I need to make some repairs and from my experience with the previous one I am sure it will be a fine car to own and drive,

Great car to own and drive

Awesome little car love it but have to sell it. Recommend to take one for a Cruz. Would drive it any place anytime in any weather great car to have .

Great car BEST EVER FOR THE MONEY!

Flat 6 Cannot be beat. Great performance and super car. Can't believe how cheap they are now! Have owned it for 15 years now and has been a great car.