Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2007 Boxster

2007 Porsche Boxster

2007 Porsche Boxster

5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2007 Porsche Boxster?

easiest driving porsche

by Raddoc from Ambler PA on Sun Mar 30 2008

After owning a '74 TR 6 (fully restored) I had the insane desire to actually DRIVE my sports car, rather than visit it weekly, monthly or at times, yearly, in the shop. In September 2005 I purchased a new MB SLK 350, 6 speed with all the bells and whistles a modern sports car should have. Unfortunately, at 1500 miles the engine started using a quart of oil every 6-700 miles. 2 years , a new engine and an out-of-court settlement later I bought the car which has been the most trouble free, comfortable and best handling vehicle I have ever owned, a 2007 Boxster S. Apart from the failure of a lumbar support air valve, this car is flawless. No bad surprises, just perfect driving and great dealer follow through. This car is fast, quiet, fun and relatively fuel efficient (19 city, 26 hwy) . I have yet to find the curve that un-nerves it or me, while long road trips are effortless and the two trunks ( what, no motor???!!!) make for easy packing. The high initial cost is readily offset by the driving pleasure and build quality. Compared to a 911 C4S cabriolet, this is a performance bargain, with more trunk space and $50K saved.

Mid-engine delight

by Emperor of Wyoming from L. A. CA on Wed Nov 17 2010

Shortly after moving to CA in 1977, I purchased my first sports car; a 1974 Porsche 914 2.0. I kept it for twenty + years. What a fun car. Upon saying goodbye to my young and single days and becoming a family man, I sold it. After driving a sedan for twelve years I found myself missing the mid-engine fun, so, I decided to look for a new thrill and found it in the 2007 Boxster S. Wow! Virtually everything about this car is amazing; style, performance, sound, etc. etc. I get 28 mpg on the freeway with the top up and slightly lower with the top down. In town it gets about 18 mpg. This is the most fun car I've ever driven. There is nothing like whipping around a corner and taking advantage of the mid-engine superiority. Great!

Fabulous sports car

by Rossa from Chambersburg, PA on Wed Feb 25 2009

Initially we bought the car for the trunk space (yep, that is the honest truth) especially as compared to other sports cars available. We were spoiled by our 87 Alfa Veloce Spider and when we go away for a weekend or a week, we like to take lots of stuff and make an occasional Costco run and still have fun. Boy, were we surprised though by the rest of package. The handling, braking, performance and comfort of this car have to be experienced to be believed. Now the nav system is old school but it can be operated by my wife while we are on the move (unlike our Lexus which has to be stopped) which makes it handy on the move. The Bose stereo is not quite the Mark Levinson but still darn good for a sports car and besides, listen to the engine, not the stereo! We have had no problems with radio reception as mentioned in other reviews and the CD section does work great. It was expensive as we optioned it up with all the toys we wanted as we plan to keep it for a long time but I think we will be pleased in the long haul as it is a great auto and we keep them for a long time.

A move up from Honda S2K

by Chuck from Mechanicsville, Pa. on Wed Apr 04 2007

Just traded in a '04 Honda S2K and am pleased with the choice of the '07 Boxster. It drives and handles as well as the S2K but is much quieter and smoother. The interior is quality as would be expected of Porsche and a little roomier. There are many more options offered than on the S2K. Overall, I thought the S2K was an excellent performer and extremely well built. I expect that the Boxster will be equal in this respect. For the extra 20 grand, it should be.

Worth every penny

by Kyle M from Clearwater on Sat Jun 02 2018

I recently purchased this car as a weekend toy. I find myself with the means to do so and decided to fulfill a childhood dream of owning a Porsche. Whether it is not having the ability or the stomach to drop $100,000 on the top tier models, this is a great alternative. Performs great, comfortable and customizable. So glad I made this purchase.

This car is a dream - LIKE NEW with LOW miles

by QBAgent from Settle, WA on Mon Jun 26 2017

You will not possibly be disappointed in this car. You will fall in love with the look, the feel, the handling, the NAV, the DVD the fact that it is just like a new car with condition and mileage. I DO NOT wish to sell it I must due to financial reasons. It's only driven in summer I have a truck. All of my friends wish they could afford to buy it - bargain priced below book value with accessories - $6000 wheels $4000 stereo/NAV/DVD.

second boxster

by CA to NYC and back from Palo Alto on Tue May 13 2014

Love this car. Recommend getting extended warranty since reliability is great but did have engine glitch until 2009. Having said that I love this design and hate the 2013 'porsche eclipse' that is out now. So I picked this up for 24k with low mileage and added 2k for extended warranty. Low car payment and all the fun :) I tried to get into a 2009 or 2010 but would have been paying 40k for basically the same car.

Head Turner

by SoIcey987 from CA on Fri Dec 29 2017

This car is a work of art. From reliability to performance and everything in between, the Porsche Boxster is a finely tuned beast. Interior is basic but still you get that feel like your driving a roadster. Performance is fantastic and the exterior design is beautiful and stunning.

Fun and Reliable

by RusAz from Miami Fl on Wed Jun 21 2017

Nothing drives like and is as much fun as a Porsche. Much better built with higher quality materials than I thought The sound of the flat six is worth half the price of admission.

Best car I've Ever Driven!

by CarLover from Arlington, TX on Sat May 06 2017

I bought a 2007 Porsche a few months ago. Even at 10 years old, it is the best car I've ever had. It still has incredible "get up and go", drives tight and smooth and is just a lot of fun. To get a used one with low mileage is well worth it.

1 2

Our Take on the 2007 Porsche Boxster

When a premium manufacturer introduces an entry-level model, that manufacturer is taking a big gamble. If the new model doesn't work, it dilutes the brand. If it works too well, it steals sales from the pricier products.

Arguably one of the best examples of how to do it right is the Porsche Boxster, introduced for 1997. Porsche, after all, had some previous experience in doing it wrong: The bar-of-soap-shaped 914 set no sales records, and later, the attractive but troublesome 924 sold well enough but soured lots of buyers on the brand.

No such problems with the Boxster. It looked right, drove right, and with a base price of $39,995, it was priced right. In the end, the Boxster introduced a lot of... Read More