2008 Porsche Cayenne Consumer Reviews

4.5
Average based on 15 reviews

My next new Automobile !

by from Virginia on November 10, 2007

I own a 2006 Cayenne Turbo and star wise, I would rate it the same. But, when I drove the 2008 Cayenne Turbo I was very impressed with the improvements (power, lack of lag, suspension and that Sport Button). I drove a Cayenne S extensively for two days and was really impressed with the improvement to the S model for all of the same reasons as the Turbo. The new GTS is really sharp and the new colors are very nice additions. Great automobiles.

Sports Car in and SUV

by from Denver on June 19, 2012

This is now my third Cayenne, and actually own two right now. It's the complete balance that I love about the Cayenne. If you are searching for a sports car, but really need the practicality of an SUV it doesn't get much better than a Porsche Cayenne. From a sport perspective, the Cayenne's handle like a sports car (ever seen an SUV drift?!?!), brakes are incredible and the feel from the extra thick steering wheel is solid and predictable. The sound from the exhaust is intoxicating, and the acceleration will make you smile. From an SUV perspective the Cayenne is very capable, but you may need to change tires as the sporty Cayenne's come with very wide tires (like a performance sports car), and thus are horrible in snow/ice. However, a simple change to less wide all seasons or even snows and the Cayenne turns into a winter weather beast. Cayenne's can even come with a factory tow, so it's no stranger to pulling. The rear seats are comfortable, and it actually as more room than an ML (which we had for 1 year and traded to get back into the Cayenne). Styling is a matter of opinion, but I feel the Cayenne just looks fast. It maintains the sports car look/feel with a sleek hood, slanted rear window, and wide rear quarter panels (this SUV has "hips"). Overall, for me it's the swiss army knife of SUV's, actually having the Sport, which many Suv's overlook. One of the only vehicles that I can have spirited drive on my way to Home Depot, to then load it up and take bags of mulch, lumber, etc home.

A luxurious 4x4

by from Salt Lake City, Utah on July 28, 2007

What I like about this car is the performance, size, off-road handling, and features. What I don't like about this car is it's seriously expensive, the looks could be bolder, and the car could be a ittle bigger actually. But overall it's great car to drive!

Love the Cayenne

by from on October 11, 2011

I looked at all the Cayenne's in the greater Houston area, and I ended up buying the car sight-unseen from an internet-only dealer in Florida. I am really happy with the vehicle, primarily since you can get so many optional features in a used luxury vehicle without really paying for them. I love the nav system (although the user interface is a bit clunky), the oversized wheels, roof rack, wood steering wheel, Bose Audio system and of course the proximity alarms which keep me from hitting anything while parking. In retrospect, I probably should have gotten the S model, but the base model is plenty fast. Really happy with my purchase.

CAYENNE TURBO IS AMAZING

by from Miami, FL on April 17, 2014

The Cayenne Turbo is an amazing vehicle. Drives like a dream, crazy fast, stable, reliable, fun and looks awesome. Have only changed oil, tires and breaks. Solid vehicle. Worth every penny.

Used 2008 Cayenne S 90k

by from Narragansett RI on October 28, 2016

Bought this car about a month ago. Car runs and looks new. Handles like a dream, very fast. Mixed highway and city milage about 17mpg. Prices on the used market very reasonable if you shop around. Haven't had to fix anything yet, but I undestand repairs are very expensive. Oil change, 9 quarts and filter about $150.

Great! You forget you are driving a SUV.

by from Long Island NY on September 2, 2008

Pure Porsche. Sports car DNA in the body of a SUV....this is a Geat value & you get great performance for the price.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by from toronto on June 28, 2011

We bought this a 2008 Porsche Cayenne S to replace our Jeep Commander (Which was absolute garbage) to pick up my son from a boarding school every weekend which was a 3- hour drive away. Throughout the years, the drive has made us go through many cars and the Porsche by far has been the best. The acceleration that this SUV can accomplish is outstanding. Once you press the "Sport" button the car's throttle, brake's, and steering become much more responsive. The Suspension becomes stiffer and it handles like a race car. After only have it for 4 months we have already put well over 40,000 kms on it and it still runs like the day we got it. For a V8 SUV it isn't to bad on gas, i can make it to the school and back on one tank, totalling 7 hours of driving with still a little bit left. The Best thing about this car is the exhaust note that this thing hits, you can only tell from outside but it sounds perfect! the one thing i would change is the amount of rear trunk space there is. you can barely fit anything in it, also the seats don't go completely down.

by from on August 23, 2011

Great car...unbelievable torque ....good power..excellent handling....beautiful interior...rock solid build

Why buy anyhting else?

by from Portsmouth, RI on August 4, 2008

This has to be the most incredable car i have ever driven! The power behind the wheel is incredable! From the cayenne to the cayenne turbo s each has super powers! i have had the both a 2004 adn th new 2008 and have not ONCE had service on it! it never dies! when compaired to the "compition" (realy there is none) it DESTROYS all others! It makes the lexus crossover look and feal like a cheap little toyota! there is no other vechical that can compare, the BEAST turbo s has 550hp!!!! WHAT?! thats more than any other crossover! and u get ur money's worth! The gas miliage is great! All the benz crossovers have half the power, and yet the same gas miliage, its sad! Porsche had created the perfect car!