NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2014 Cayenne

2014 Porsche Cayenne

2014 Porsche Cayenne

5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2014 Porsche Cayenne?

Most beautiful car but lots of problems

by DebB from Providence, RI on Fri Aug 24 2018

I love my 2014 Cayenne. I have only 37,000 miles on it but had to replace brakes and now something called a transfer box which costs $5200 to replace and may not last. I called Porsche dealer and they said it is common in the Cayenne. If this is common then it should be a recall not owner's expense. I thought by buying a "high-end" vehicle I wouldn't have issues at so little miles. Porsche said that is the way it is, is that all for today? So rude. Had a scheduled oil change and then 4 months later they wanted me to come in for routine filter change which they didn't do during the recent oil change, this one cost $700. I can understand if I had many miles on this vehicle but under 47,000 it is a shame.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great expectations

by Porsche fan from Burlingame on Sat May 23 2015

I haven't had it long enough to have much experience but my friends that have it rave about the reliability. Handles better than the X5 i had and I am driving a diesel which off the line has terrific acceleration. IMHO it is a beautiful car - the lines of this version are far superior to the last generation, I am expecting great things. The PCM interface is not a smooth as the Audi MMI i recently sold but it does the job well.

The car was very reliable

by Dot from Franklin,Ky on Thu May 24 2018

The car was very reliable. It was all that I expected. Ride was very sport and was very dependable. I usually trade every 4 years.

Best SUV I have ever owned

by P3avaitor from Boise, Idaho on Tue Jul 10 2018

I traded a 2017 Porsche Macan for a 2014 Porsche Cayenne. It’s twice the vehicle. It is more luxurious, rides better, has more seat and leg room, gets great mileage equipped with the Turbo Diesel and with the towing package, allows me to transport my road bike. I’ve owned numerous import SUV’s over the past twenty years including those of Mercedes Benz, Lexus, and BMW, and the Cayenne is the best.

Enjoy life, Enjoy Porsche!

by Richard Gao from Iowa City, IA on Sun Feb 25 2018

I understand why it has been called Porsche. I have drove Bentley, Royce, Mercedes, BMW, and Porsche. I would say this is the best I ever had. I wish to continually own it, but I have to graduate.

Porsche

by Niccigogo from Little Rock, AR on Fri May 18 2018

This is a sharp, fast vehicle! Cockpit is full of features. From the panaramic roof to the cooling seats, I feel you can’t go wrong with a Porsche!

Great for what it is.

by OrlCayenne from Orlando, FL on Sun May 27 2018

Let’s get this straight: the Cayenne Platinum Edition model - is a stylish, well-equipped True SUV that can can comfortable haul several adults and evidently a trailer judging by the attached hitch. That sums it up. It’s not going to win races with this iteration’s engine, and the decision to take off-road seems like a questionable idea to me though it has an off-road mode and also drives more like a truck than a car, which is interesting to me because it’s suspension is incredible and handles with precision. Great details like coat hangers attached behind the driver and passenger seats, then grip bars along the doors and center console are comfortable and ergonomic. One con is the reliability of some of the hardware; mine is fortunately certified because as soon as I bought it, the transfer case failed, which is a huge cost if not under warranty. Reading more about other drivers’s problems can be a little scary too. But, otherwise I have really been enjoying driving this vehicle and look forward to Iran ownership!

Cayenne

by Niccigogo from Little Rock, AR on Wed Jun 06 2018

This vehicle has way more features than I expected. I bought the Tiptronic version, and other than maybe a larger & faster engine I don’t need anything. Great luxury SUV. Bought it for a great price as well...

Not worth it!

by Liz723 from Charlotte, NC on Tue Apr 18 2017

Constant problems with this vehicle. The vehicle was overheating and had to be towed in for service two times in a row. Not reliable for a luxury SUV.

Does not recommend this car!!

Best Small SUV I've Ever Owned!

by PorscheLvr from Charlotte, NC on Tue Jun 20 2017

I love my Cayenne! It's reliable, sporty, comfortable and overall just an awesome SUV! I have over 50k miles and it still looks brand new! The seat leather isn't cracked and old looking like most luxury SUVs after a couple of years. Love this car!

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2014 Porsche Cayenne

It's fast, it's rare and it's astonishingly expensive — but the 2014 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S is also extremely capable, the apparent answer to the question of what the ultimate Porsche station wagon would look like.

The moaning and wailing from purists was palpable when sports car brand Porsche introduced the five-seat Cayenne SUV, but given that the truck has become Porsche's most popular seller and has allowed the German automaker to continue to produce the road rockets that everyone with a pulse enjoys driving, the appropriateness of the idea of a Porsche SUV is no longer a valid discussion.

Suffice it to say that the popular Cayenne has done wonders for Porsche's bottom line, so we sampled... Read More