2020 Porsche Cayenne consumer reviews

side view of 2020 Cayenne Porsche
Explore the 2020 Porsche Cayenne
Shop the 2020 Porsche Cayenne

Excellent SUV

This is the best driving SUV ever! Love it! I feel safe and it handles extremely well. The infotainment system is wonderful! I will buy it again!

2.4

Car breaking safety issues

I've owned my new Cayenne 2020 S for less than a month before I had to bring it in for three (3) different issues: 1. Mechanical issue when breaking in sport mode. The car suddenly lunges forward when down shifting from 3rd to 2nd to 1st gear. It genuinely feels like you're getting rear ended every single time I break. They refuse to fix this breaking issue, despite a software fix existing in EMEA and APAC. 2. Four (4) different rattling noises. I don't know if they just sell damaged vehicles, or if mine was an outlier, but how do you have four (4) different rattling noises on a "new" car? 3. App connectivity issues. Look at the app store reviews for the Porsche Connect app - that will tell you all you need to know. I've never had such buyers remorse, and wish they would just take this lemon back. Definitely avoid.

4.1

Beautiful vehicle

Now that an initial manufacturing defect with my dashboard has been fixed and wood trim has been added, I really love my car. It is a palace on wheels and a truly amazing vehicle to behold. However, to get to this point, I've realized the following: 1) It's critical to find a quality Porsche dealership. While they do exist, they are few and far between. In my area, there is only one that I'd trust to do much more than a routine oil change. 2) Porsche as a manufacturer has a surprising disregard for both quality control and customer service. They expect their dealer network to resolve their shortcomings. 3) Pricing is not fixed or consistent for anything. Even parts and routine maintenance costs. You can save a lot of money by calling around and being informed.

What can I say , it’s a Porsche

Excellent car excellent dealer, Newport Beach Porsche, we now have 2 or them, and we love the cars my wife is a real estate professional and spends a lot of time in her car and this car is perfect for her Replaced a lexus

3.6

Porsche Factory has quality control issues

The Porsche factory has lowered their quality control and is letting surprising defects through the pipeline. The hope is that the end customer won't notice until after they sign the purchase docs. I bought a brand new 2020 Cayenne and only realized while driving home that there is a big ugly materials defect in the upper right corner of the dash. I bought it up to my local Porsche dealer and they got Porsche to cover it under warranty, which should have been the happy ending to this story. However, the factory continues to ship one broken replacement part after another. So, a 2 week resolution ETA is now going on it's 7th week and has become an open-ended timeframe. Thinking about BBB? Tried it, PCNA doesn't care and didn't even bother to respond. Lemon Law? Doubt it applies to this, so I'm basically just SOL

4.0

Looks sexy, smooth ride

Auto shut off is extremely annoying and the car surprisingly doesn’t provide instant torque unless you are in sports mode. You step on the gas to go but it takes 3 seconds for the car to move...and when it finally moves it unexpectedly takes off like a rocket. When Im trying to clear an intersection, the car needs to move exactly when I tell it to...not 3 seconds later! Also, the headrest pushes my head forward when I try to sit straight, so I can’t sit straight up or wear a ponytail...maybe a little too much whiplash protection? Too much techy stuff in here, need to read the manual to use this car. If I wanted to drive a computer I’d get a Tesla, wait, my husband has one and that’s even easier to use!

Love this car

This car was so spacious. My husband is 6’ 2” and he had plenty of room to get in and out and head didn’t touch the top of car like other vehicles. It’s so sleek and stylish.

Fantastic ride

I have driven BMW's and Porsches for 20 plus years. I traded in a Porsche Panamera for a new Cayenne. I love this car. The updated electronics and driving experience are superb. I am a Porsche fan for life!

Nice car,great performance

The car is great....the performance fantastic, a little bit overpriced in comparison to similar SUVS. Options are very expressive so to get what you want, usually you pay more than you thought you will

My new Cayenne

I'm still learning all of the intricacies of the commands and options. The ride is wonderful and the car is great looking. The sync with my I Phone is superior to previous Mercedes and the hauling capacity is great.