2014 Panamera

2014 Porsche Panamera

2014 Porsche Panamera

5 out of 5 stars Interior Design
5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have you driven the 2014 Porsche Panamera?

Traded the 2012 Jag XJL Supercharged

by ejerod from Chesapeake VA on Thu Jun 26 2014

I impulsively purchased the 2014 Porsche Panamera Turbo Executive when I stopped by the dealership to actually look at the new Jaguar F type. The F-Type was cramped so I walked to the next showroom and saw this Black/Black beauty that I had sat in several times over the past 8 months. I had never driven a Porsche before so the salesman convinced me to take a test drive.... all I can say is WHOA!!! I'd heard for years from Porsche owners.."you have to drive it to understand!' He took me out and just took the car through it's paces. This thing ran like a cat that wandered into a dog fight in a junkyard and it wasn't even breathing hard. I swear it was eating a fish sandwich while taking an off ramp at 65 MPH with no tire squeal, and when we came out of the turn, the PDK downshifted and we took off like we were in the Batmobile! I have to be honest, I had a bit of buyers remorse a couple of days later, because I was one of those people who said I would never pay almost 200k for a car ( and my wife made me promise I would only drive it on the weekends) but after a couple of days, it reminded me of why I bought it on a whim! I've owned 4 Mercedes Benz ( 2 S Classes,one of which I kept for 8 years and drive for 185k Miles), 2 Lexus and 2 Jaguars. NOTHING compares to this car as far as fit, finish, reliability, comfort and just pure fun! I don't get the number of looks I used to get in the 2012 Jag XJL Supercharged , but I also don't have little things like a popping sun roof, gaskets coming off the rear windshield etc, the wood panel on the rear door popping off for no reason etc. My thinking was, if these things are happening that I can see, what's happening that I can't see that will cost me big time later? I keep reading about the New S Class.. nice car, but Mercedes has fallen off their game too. The quality isn't what it used to be. This Porsche however is proof of the old saying.. " you get what you pay for!" If you can afford to buy anything you want... BUY THIS CAR!!!

retired mfg. rep.

by bob w. from on Sat Dec 03 2016

My last good car a 2014 Porsche Panamera. I wanted a car that would "handle" very well, and I got one , plus it is a four passenger car.

Panamera Turbo is a comfortable rocket

by BillB from Blufffton on Thu Apr 06 2017

I expected my 2014 Panamera Turbo to be a quiet comfortable ride, and it certainly is. However, it is also a rocket and has excellent handling. It's much faster than the 911 I had and while it might not handle quite as well, it still amazes me how well it does handle given its size. The inside is beautiful and the Burmester stereo is a joy to listen to.

Dream car at a reasonable cost

by DavidH from Los Angeles, CA on Wed Sep 13 2017

Do you want luxury, speed and thrills? Then buy a Porsche, even better buy a certified used one. 3 years old, 19,000 miles, and only $60K. Half the original sticker price.

Un-Freakin' Believable!!!

by PorscheLover from on Wed May 10 2017

Great experience from top to bottom. Great Car! Would highly recommend both the dealership and the car itself!

Most relatable car I've ever owned!

by Midlife Revival from Smyrna, GA on Mon Jun 26 2017

I used to think that I could never appreciate this car....until now! This car is everything I expected of it, with absolutely no buyers remorse (Can't say that for the BMW 650 convertible that I kept for 3 months)!

Gorgeous car

by Mark D. from Cleveland, Ohio on Tue Feb 06 2018

We've had this car for 5 days and already have had several people come up to us in parking lots and gas stations commenting on how gorgeous it is.

Awesome comfort, great power, stylish

by AH from on Thu Feb 23 2017

I bought a 2014 Porsche Panamera S and could not be happier! Sporty, fast and luxurious all wrapped into one. The V6 twin turbo engine has great pickup and speed with reasonable gas consumption.

Never owned or been interested in any Porsche.

by I'm just saying... from Atlanta Ga. on Tue Sep 12 2017

I currently own a CLS 63. So I can't help but compare the two. The Porsche is definitely an eye catcher. You always have someone to talk to at the gas station. The interior is exceptional! The seats are far too hard! I also own a Honda and it is clearly the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. The sound is what so many other people love! I personally think more technology was spent on the sound than the power and speed. I purchased the GTS. Maybe I shouldn't be comparing the 63 to the GTS. The Turbo may be more comparable. It's hard not to do when the sound makes you think you can go 200 plus in three seconds. . . It's only the sound!

This is the Swiss Army knife of cars / does it all

by The Jet from Coventry RI on Mon Jun 26 2017

Love this car ! This is my 3rd Panamera. The GTS sounds like a race car . With the Carmine red color and black rims I've gotten more compliments and second looks than any car I've owned . One word Spectacular!

1 2

Our Take on the 2014 Porsche Panamera

Editor's note: This review was written in July 2012 about the 2013 Porsche Panamera. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The 2013 Porsche Panamera might just be the perfect car for the mom or dad wanting prestige, performance and panache, with just enough comfort and functionality thrown in to work as a daily driver.

Rather than having a sporty car for fun and a family sedan for function, blend the two in the Panamera GTS and save the extra space in your garage for something else.

The 2013 Panamera GTS I drove is a newcomer to the model's lineup. This year, the Panamera is available... Read More