2014 Porsche Panamera

Traded the 2012 Jag XJL Supercharged

by from Chesapeake VA on June 26, 2014

I impulsively purchased the 2014 Porsche Panamera Turbo Executive when I stopped by the dealership to actually look at the new Jaguar F type. The F-Type was cramped so I walked to the next showroom and saw this Black/Black beauty that I had sat in several times over the past 8 months. I had never driven a Porsche before so the salesman convinced me to take a test drive.... all I can say is WHOA!!! I'd heard for years from Porsche owners.."you have to drive it to understand!' He took me out and just took the car through it's paces. This thing ran like a cat that wandered into a dog fight in a junkyard and it wasn't even breathing hard. I swear it was eating a fish sandwich while taking an off ramp at 65 MPH with no tire squeal, and when we came out of the turn, the PDK downshifted and we took off like we were in the Batmobile! I have to be honest, I had a bit of buyers remorse a couple of days later, because I was one of those people who said I would never pay almost 200k for a car ( and my wife made me promise I would only drive it on the weekends) but after a couple of days, it reminded me of why I bought it on a whim! I've owned 4 Mercedes Benz ( 2 S Classes,one of which I kept for 8 years and drive for 185k Miles), 2 Lexus and 2 Jaguars. NOTHING compares to this car as far as fit, finish, reliability, comfort and just pure fun! I don't get the number of looks I used to get in the 2012 Jag XJL Supercharged , but I also don't have little things like a popping sun roof, gaskets coming off the rear windshield etc, the wood panel on the rear door popping off for no reason etc. My thinking was, if these things are happening that I can see, what's happening that I can't see that will cost me big time later? I keep reading about the New S Class.. nice car, but Mercedes has fallen off their game too. The quality isn't what it used to be. This Porsche however is proof of the old saying.. " you get what you pay for!" If you can afford to buy anything you want... BUY THIS CAR!!!

retired mfg. rep.

by from on December 3, 2016

My last good car a 2014 Porsche Panamera. I wanted a car that would "handle" very well, and I got one , plus it is a four passenger car.

Panamera Turbo is a comfortable rocket

by from Blufffton on April 6, 2017

I expected my 2014 Panamera Turbo to be a quiet comfortable ride, and it certainly is. However, it is also a rocket and has excellent handling. It's much faster than the 911 I had and while it might not handle quite as well, it still amazes me how well it does handle given its size. The inside is beautiful and the Burmester stereo is a joy to listen to.

Dream car at a reasonable cost

by from Los Angeles, CA on September 13, 2017

Do you want luxury, speed and thrills? Then buy a Porsche, even better buy a certified used one. 3 years old, 19,000 miles, and only $60K. Half the original sticker price.
Not Rated Reliability

Most relatable car I've ever owned!

by from Smyrna, GA on June 26, 2017

I used to think that I could never appreciate this car....until now! This car is everything I expected of it, with absolutely no buyers remorse (Can't say that for the BMW 650 convertible that I kept for 3 months)!

Never owned or been interested in any Porsche.

by from Atlanta Ga. on September 12, 2017

I currently own a CLS 63. So I can't help but compare the two. The Porsche is definitely an eye catcher. You always have someone to talk to at the gas station. The interior is exceptional! The seats are far too hard! I also own a Honda and it is clearly the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. The sound is what so many other people love! I personally think more technology was spent on the sound than the power and speed. I purchased the GTS. Maybe I shouldn't be comparing the 63 to the GTS. The Turbo may be more comparable. It's hard not to do when the sound makes you think you can go 200 plus in three seconds. . . It's only the sound!

Uses car for Havingfun

Awesome comfort, great power, stylish

by from on February 23, 2017

I bought a 2014 Porsche Panamera S and could not be happier! Sporty, fast and luxurious all wrapped into one. The V6 twin turbo engine has great pickup and speed with reasonable gas consumption.

Un-Freakin' Believable!!!

by from on May 10, 2017

Great experience from top to bottom. Great Car! Would highly recommend both the dealership and the car itself!

This is the Swiss Army knife of cars / does it all

by from Coventry RI on June 26, 2017

Love this car ! This is my 3rd Panamera. The GTS sounds like a race car . With the Carmine red color and black rims I've gotten more compliments and second looks than any car I've owned . One word Spectacular!

Our Expert Review: 2014 Porsche Panamera