2012 1500

2012 RAM 1500

2012 RAM 1500

4.5

Have You Driven the 2012 RAM 1500?

Tested in da UP

by 2012BigHorn from Marquette Co. MI on Sat Dec 22 2012

What a truck. Glides along on the highway like the 06 Durango I traded in for the '12 BigHorn Ram. (that Durango rolled like a caddy!! so comparing its ride to a truck is a bold statement, but accurate) The traction system is amazing. I drove the truck about a mile back on an old logging road this morning, through 2 foot deep snow (deep enough so the front bumper was plowing anyway). I backed into my hunting spot, and burried her beyond hope, but hope, apparently never had a Ram. I took it out of low range 4x4, because the tires were just spinning, put it in high 4x4 and just applied constant pressure to the throttle, and it started to slide sideways, I could hear all sorts of noises from the traction control system, I turned the steering wheel back and forth slightly, then she slowly got herself "un-stuck", and I headed home. Very few vehicles will ever see snow that deep, and very few drivers will ever be dumb enough to even try to go through snow that deep, but fear not if you do....this girl is for real. The only gripe I have is they put cheap windshield wipers on a brand new truck. Otherwise, Way to Go Warren, MI assembly!!!!!!! I love it.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Express

by Tony from Tampa, FL on Thu Dec 29 2011

I needed a truck to pull my camper. My budget was not very high. With that I set out to find a 4 door truck and kept coming up short. Most were way out of my price range. I did not need all of the extras just a V8, with tow package. I have owned Dodges and Fords in the past and either would do. Well Dodge hit the mark with 2012 Quad cab Express model that fit my budget. 1. 4 door quad cab 2. 5.7 v8 Hemi 3. 20" wheels 4. Dual Exhaust 5. Tinted windows 6. Fog lamps 7. Satelite radio (Free for a year) 8. Power windows and locks 9. cloth seats. 10. Tow package and connections. So I am happy with my purchase. My only grip is there is no lumbar support. The ride is smooth. it is 2 weeks old and took now has 2,700 miles on it. Thanks Dodge for putting a truck in the hands of the average Joe. Oh. and MPG was 16-17 on the trip cruising 70 to 80. City looks to be about 15.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Ram

by EZ $ from Texas on Sat Nov 05 2011

I owned an 04 Dodge Ram and then got into an 07 Chevy Silverado...then one of my buddies works at a Dodge dealership and we took a ride in one and I ended up buying the 2012 Ram Lone Star and I am really impressed with it so far for the 401 that it has on it right now...the ride is nice and love the power it has when I need it. I have not been able to throw it in 4x4 yet cause I have not had the need too

Best purchase ever

by Love to Fly from Owosso, MI on Sat Nov 19 2011

I recently purchased a new Laramie, one word....WOW! I test drove all of the big 3 and the feel of the Ram just felt more relaxing and the ride was bar-none with the new rear coil suspension. The interior is very roomy and family friendly and I tow a camper so the Hemi was a sure thing, and neither Ford or GM have that much towing power with the fuel economy. If I wanted to get 23 mpg with the Ford it had to be a V-6. Rebates wernt as good as I wanted to get (probubly the time of year) but well worth every penny. I didnt go with the rambox but that looked pretty handy to have if i were maybe a contractor or someone of many tools to carry around. All in all a very pleased customer and with a 100,000 mile warranty I tend to be for a long time! The new Chrysler deserved one heck of a pack on the back....Well Done!

Third Ram I've owned

by Silver Surfer from Indialantic, FL on Thu Jan 12 2012

They just keep getting better and better! I push these trucks pretty hard, demand a lot, and their always there.

Good all around pickup

by mdr46 from Maryland on Thu Jan 04 2018

This is a review after 5 years of ownership, so I've had plenty of time to assess the pro's and con's. All in all, my 2012 Ram 1500 (4x2 quad cab with 5.7L engine) has been very reliable and has only needed routine maintenance so far. Here are the top pro's and con's that I see so far: Pro's: (1) Power of the Hemi engine. It won't win any fuel economy rewards, but you can safely haul and tow what the mfr rates. (2) Rambox storage system. I'm sold on this option because it's so useful. Items that usually take up space in the cab go in the Ramboxes. The bed is also different and comes with a moveable divider and sliding track with cleats. Great for securing items in the bed. (3) Fold flat rear floor. Another great idea which gives you a flat surface behind the front seats to haul/stow items. I actually use it for transporting my dog. Just lay down his blanket and he has a nice space to lie down on. Con's: (1) Transmission programming. The transmission shifts into overdrive way too early in city/suburban traffic which causes the engine to lug and downshift excessively. You can work around this by using either the tow-haul mode or ERS (electronic range select). Sort of annoying that I have to remember to select something depending on my driving pattern. (2) OEM Goodyear Wrangler tires. They didn't wear out prematurely, but I had to replace them because the rubber had gotten hard and the traction suffered. (3) Fuel economy. The flip side of owning the Hemi. The EPA figures of 14 city and 20 hwy aren't accurate at all. Expect figures of around 11-12 mpg city and 17-18 hwy. In hindsight, my only real regret is not having waited one year longer and gotten the 8 speed transmission. Almost everyone praises the 8HP70 transmission, whereas the 65RFE transmission gets mixed reviews because it lacks some of the versatility of the 8 speed.

RAM 1500 Crew Laramie

by Mschoes from michigan on Mon Jan 16 2012

I purchased this moderately loaded RAM and havent stopped shaking my head. The soft leather interior is lush, heats 4 seats and steering wheel so fast, and has so much ! Im stunned. IS THIS REALLY A DODGE ? Everything is where it should be, and VERY easy to use. From the touch screen NAV, SAT, Blue tooth so I can call and talk handsfree, to functioning the displays, radio, and climate from the steering wheel or touch screen. There are bins, and storage areas - 4 closed bins in the front row, and 4 in the second row. Did I mention the room in the second row is got to be designed for like (3) 250 lb people - easily !! The leg room and heated second row seats make being in the back row like a chauffuer. Truck growls and accerates like a Challenger (has same engine), has firm control, strong braking, 4X4 locks both rear wheels, and tows my boat like its not even there. Bed is sprayed and protected and I was able to load my 4 wheeler, guns and 3 deer home no problem. RAM has done something it has never done before. It built a truck better than a Ford or GMC for a lower price. Dont even put Toyota or Nissan on the same level. Dont believe their hype. I am tickled to get this truck under $35 K.

TIME IS RIGHT AND THIS TRUCK IS THE BEST!!!

by COLTSIN1 from JEFFERSONVILLE,IN on Fri Aug 03 2012

BOUGHT A 2012 RAM EXPRESS AFTER OWNING A 2011 DAKOTA AND MAN IS THIS AN AWSOME TRUCK. BEST RIDE I HAVE EVER GOTTEN IN A PICKUP. MINE IS TEQUILLA SUNRISE PEARL IN COLOR, QUAD CAB, HEMI. DUAL EXHAUST STANDARD SOUNDS GREAT. U CONNECT IS AND VOICE SYSTEM RULES. I HAVE DRIVEN MANY OTHER TRUCKS AND THIS ONE STICKS OUT WITH THE COIL SPRINGS AND 390 HP HEMI. WITH THE OPTIONS I GOT ON THIS TRUCK, I WOULD HAVE PAID 10-15K MORE WITH FORD OR CHECK. BOTTOMLINE....RAM RULES!!!! GET U SOME... NE ONE THAT WANTS TO PULL UP NEXT TO ME AT A LIGHT IN ANY TRUCK OTHER THAN A RAPTOR IS GETTING ROLLED UP!!!

Most Bang for the Buck

by CAMCB from Waverly, Al on Thu Feb 28 2013

I love this truck as it's a brute when needed but docile the rest of the time. A great value as far as I'm concerned. I'd buy another one without question.

2012 Ram 1500 Longhorn

by Mike from Utah on Tue Nov 22 2011

The RamBox option is great - The bed gets a little smaller, but I can put a lot of stuff in the secured box. This is the only way to go! Pulls my 5000 pound ski boat/trailer with ease up mountain roads and on the freeway. Interior trim of the Longhorn package is excellent and Dodge's application of a hands-free radio is simple to learn and use. Hopefully the reliability will be fine.

Uses car for Towing