Read or write a review.

4.5
Average based on 70 reviews

Super nice Truck

by from North Dakota on January 17, 2014

Awesome power with 5.7 Hemi and yet good gas mileage. Carlike ride, high tech options, hands free phone, Thousands cheaper than other makes and better warranty than some. Everyone likes the looks and ride. Top quality interior. Body is a little tinny but they all are now to save weight. Step her down and she goes like a rocket. Great power to tow and 8 speed shifts smoothly. no complaints. Shift knob a little goofy but once you get onto it , you will like it.

2014 RAM 1500 BIGHORN V6 8 SPEED TRAN 4x4

by from Ramsey,MN on March 22, 2014

Outstanding truck with great gas milege averaging 23 mpg on hwy and more! Great truck! Plenty of power for a V6.

ECODIESEL!!!!!

by from Springfield, MO on May 20, 2014

I just brought the Ecodiesel and after my first trip i was very impressed! I live in the ozarks where theirs lots of hill and curves and i went 605 miles on one tank and got 27 MPG and had power the whole time never dogged or nothing! Ecoboost never got that.

Best truck on the market.

by from Orlando, FL on November 20, 2015

I have owned a Sierra and driven in F150's but they just feel a little to weak to me. The Ram frame is much more solid, the engine does not work very hard compared to the Triton or GM 5.3L. If I had to sum up my thoughts they are that the Ram 1500 compares with 250/2500 gas trucks by Ford and GM. The 3.92 pulls like a monster, I think that you give up 5 or 10 percent fuel economy over the 3.21. At 70 mph I get 21 mpg, at 80 mph I get 19 mpg. When you hit the pedal at 80 mph the truck jumps forward so I feel plenty of available power. Very comfortable.

EcoDiesel tows 217,000 miles

by from Dayton, OH on September 7, 2016

2014 4WD 3.92 gear 6.4 bed used commercially. Delivers Airstream TTs boats & cargo trailers from manufacturers to dealerships sometimes additionally hauling a Harley or other cargo. Only repairs have been an alignment & light switch both at 196k. The VM Motori diesel now owned by Fiat Chrysler is efficient quiet and smooth as is the German made ZF 8 speed transmission. The truck is quieter smoother handles better and is more road compliant than any other truck thanks to the newer suspension design. (No leaf springs!) The caveat is that without the factory air suspension the coil springs are too soft when loaded heavy and need to be supplemented by one of the aftermarket axle to frame air bag companies. (TLC, Timber Grove, Air Lift) Mileage has been 30 mpg hwy at 65 mph unloaded. With a typical 26' Airstream TT 17 mpg at 65. Mine benefits from an aftermarket tune which provides an engine brake for safely descending a grade with a trailer. It also bumped the power & mileage as well as minimizing the re-circulation of EGR soot through your engine. I've had no emissions problems. The 1500 platform as well as the lil diesel has its limitations if you want to tow a 9,000 pound trailer or 33' TT or larger you would be better served by a 3/4 ton. I would definitely buy another one or recommend this truck to a friend.

No more Fords, No more Headaches

by from Schaumburg, IL. on May 16, 2014

This is my first Dodge Truck. Wow! Great Truck. Driven Ford Trucks all my life, I just got tired of problems and breakdowns. Don't see me ever going back.

Beautiful truck, Has all the features that I want

by from Melbourne, Florida on June 9, 2014

Great truck, It has everything that I wanted on the truck, plenty on storage, I just love the new Ram boxes. It's so quite inside, No road noise at all. Plenty of power.

First time Ram truck owner

by from Fairhaven on November 10, 2014

2014 Ram Sport w/Hemi 5.7 liter V8. Purchased from CSCJD. After many years of purchasing new vehicles, (I'm a senior) I must say that this was my best experience. (Thanks Michael and the rest of the sales staff.) They worked with me to make this a good experience while purchasing a great truck. The quality, both inside and outside, is exceptional. With all that this truck does, I am most impressed with the fuel-saving technology the most. There are too many features to mention here, but I must also mention the EVIC located on the instrument panel. Talk about the driver being in-tune with his truck... Anyway, a good buying experience and a great truck.

My eleventh Ram

by from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on April 8, 2014

My family and I have purchased eleven Rams since 1999. I love the reliability of the 5.7 Hemi. The Hemi and the new 8 speed transmission combine to give me 23 mpg at 70 mph. Love the truck, the mileage and the comfort. I have never had a problem at the ramps pulling my 7100lb. boat out of the water. I love it when other p/u owners ask for our help pulling their boats out and then ask if I have done something to my rig to make it perform so well.

Couldn't ask for better

by from Imperial, MO about 25 miles south of the Arch on August 11, 2016

This truck is awesome. Plenty of power, fantastic ride and handling. Brakes work great and stop this heavy vehicle with ease. I have the Big Horn package Truck has a rear posi-unit that makes this a thing climb out of almost anything. The sound system is the second from the best with Nav and the system is easy to navigate thru. The sound quality and bass make this the best sound system I've ever heard in a vehicle. The rotary shifter took some getting use to but after a couple of weeks it felt normal to use it. It is a crew cab and it has lots of room in it. I'm 6'5" tall and have plenty of room. Even with the front seat all the way back I can still get in the back seat and my knees barely rub the back of the front seat. Excellent well made truck.

Our Expert Review: 2014 Ram 1500