2014 1500

2014 RAM 1500

2014 RAM 1500

Have You Driven the 2014 RAM 1500?

My eleventh Ram

by DOCCOM from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on Tue Apr 08 2014

My family and I have purchased eleven Rams since 1999. I love the reliability of the 5.7 Hemi. The Hemi and the new 8 speed transmission combine to give me 23 mpg at 70 mph. Love the truck, the mileage and the comfort. I have never had a problem at the ramps pulling my 7100lb. boat out of the water. I love it when other p/u owners ask for our help pulling their boats out and then ask if I have done something to my rig to make it perform so well.

Nicest truck I've owned

by Prior Ford Guy from NW Indiana on Thu May 21 2015

2015 Ram Limited After owning 2 F-150's (Plantinum Editions) I decided to test drive the 2015 Ram. Nicer ride, nicer cabin, and really sharp looking. Bought the Limited (5.7 Hemi) and I have all the bells and whistles. I have found this truck to be very reliable so far, getting a combined 16.9 mpg. This is the same gpm I got with the ECO Boost in the Ford. The four corner air suspension works great and comes in handy when hooking up my boat or having my elderly parents entering/exiting the vehicle. Extremely comfortable, good looking and powerful ride. What's not to like! A real head turner.

ECODIESEL!!!!!

by Steve from Springfield, MO on Tue May 20 2014

I just brought the Ecodiesel and after my first trip i was very impressed! I live in the ozarks where theirs lots of hill and curves and i went 605 miles on one tank and got 27 MPG and had power the whole time never dogged or nothing! Ecoboost never got that.

Tradesman base model is perfect!

by craigery from on Fri Dec 12 2014

I bought the base 1500 model, Ram Tradesman. I purchased it for a couple thousand LESS than the MSRP. I am totally satisfied. The 3.7 l base engine has more than enough power; the 8 speed transmission is completely smooth. The computer shows all kinds of things not normally shown on the dash, like oil pressure/temp, hours driven and idle, transmission oil temperature, exact tire pressure in EACH tire. The standard bench seat is actually two buckets with a seat or armrest in the center. Check them out!!!

Best truck I have owned so far.

by TW from Alachua, FL on Wed May 14 2014

I have owned Ford F150, Chevy P/U's and Toyota P/U's. So far this ecodiesel surpasses them all in economy, power, towing, comfort and ride.

Love this truck!

by Pleasantly Surprised from Waynesboro, VA on Sun Sep 28 2014

My hauling needs are not heavy-duty, but enough to warrant having a full-size pickup as my primary vehicle. Because comfort is also important to me, I've always shopped at or near the "top of the line". Being a Ford man through and through, I've owned eight Ford pickups and one Lincoln Mark LT. When I began shopping for a new truck about a year ago, I couldn't resist being lured into the local Ram dealership by a gorgeous black and gold Laramie Longhorn Edition that was prominently displayed out front. It was the ride and handling that seduced me into purchasing it, however. It is, without a doubt, the smoothest driving truck I've ever experienced. Every bit as comfortable as my wife's 2012 Lincoln MKT and the Town Cars that preceded it. I admit to being a little skeptical about a Chrysler product after a bad experience years ago, but I've had my truck for ten months now and couldn't be happier. Took one road trip with four adults that involved ten hours at a time on the road and we were all perfectly comfortable. Magnificent truck! I have the 5.7 L Hemi, eight-speed transmission, and air-ride suspension. I would buy another one in a heartbeat and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a luxurious workhorse.

2014 1500 Limited - This truck is exellent!

by Nick from WA on Wed Dec 24 2014

This is my first truck after researching and test driving all others. It's the best interior hands down, and the exterior styling is also the best. Mine has the Limited Appearance Package (chrome bumpers), 3.92 rear end gears, Hemi, 8 speed, 32gal tank, forged wheels, etc... it has absolutely everything on the list except the towing mirrors. So far I have had no problems whatsoever wit this truck. There are only 2 things that bug me about this truck, and it's the projector halogen headlights that are too weak (I'm used to HIDs) and the break pedal that is way higher than the gas pedal making it impossible to just shift your foot between pedals, you have to lift your leg. Hopefully they'll correct this pedal design soon. Other than that, this is one excellent truck, way ahead of the others both in the interior and exterior designs - and that Hemi engine with 3.92 gears... what's not to like?

Excellent Truck

by Dale from Winnipeg, Manitoba on Mon Apr 06 2015

Excellent truck. Purchased 2014 Sport 1500 crewcab in March. 5.7 Hemi 8 speed with 3.92 gears. Truck has every option except air ride. Road trips: Regina to Winnipeg averaged 10L/100km at 115kph. Last road trip was Winnipeg to The Pas and back to Winnipeg. Total of approx. 1,300km. Speed ranged from 100kph to 130kph. Averaged 12.4L/100km. Headwind out of Winnipeg was 40kph. Noticed my build sheet says 36 gallon tank but it is actually a 26 gallon (118L) tank. This is the first Dodge I have owned and love it. Previous truck was 2012 F150 with a 5L. Projector lights could be brighter. I do like the fact that these headlights don't go out when you put the turn signal on. Great truck but didn't get the mpg like this Dodge. I would definitely recommend this truck.

My Ram

by Libboh1 "US ARMY" from Pasadena, CA on Fri Dec 02 2016

It's my second Dodge My first being a 2004 SLT 1500. Dodge continues to not disappoint. I did go for the V6 to save gas money, and I don't care what anyone says you will notice the power difference, but you will enjoy the ride, and you can still tow a boat, or even a horse or two. The 8 speed trans is kinda cool, but most of all for me so far is the gas mileage, LA, to Fresno on one tank of Gas with enough to drive around town with out filling up until I was leaving to go back to LA after the weekend.

2014 Ram Crew Cab Diesel

by shipexc from Chattanooga, TN on Wed Aug 06 2014

My 1st ever pickup truck. Drove 350 miles to buy a Bighorn ecodiesel from a out of town dealer, the truck is very comfortable to drive and handles well and averaged 27.6 MPG. Pulled a 6 x10 enclosed trailer with 3 dirt bikes in it and averaged 17.3 on the way (up a mountain) and 19.7 on the way home. The truck is not fast but has plently of power. I am impressed!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 29

Our Take on the 2014 RAM 1500

In the age of expensive pickup trucks, you can still get a great deal for under $30,000 — but in the case of the 2014 Ram 1500 Express, the content you’ll have to sacrifice to get there may be too much.

Pickup trucks are expensive, far more now than they used to be, with the sticker prices of more well-optioned rigs easily topping $70,000. Even average, midlevel versions can go for nearly $50,000 when you start adding options.

The folks at Ram, however, think a good pickup doesn’t have to be so expensive — and to prove it, they built the 2014 Ram 1500 Tradesman/Express. Take a Tradesman body type work truck, add a few appearance items, give it a Hemi V-8 engine and — voila: an... Read More