2014 RAM 1500 Consumer Reviews

4.5
Average based on 68 reviews

Super nice Truck

by from North Dakota on January 17, 2014

Awesome power with 5.7 Hemi and yet good gas mileage. Carlike ride, high tech options, hands free phone, Thousands cheaper than other makes and better warranty than some. Everyone likes the looks and ride. Top quality interior. Body is a little tinny but they all are now to save weight. Step her down and she goes like a rocket. Great power to tow and 8 speed shifts smoothly. no complaints. Shift knob a little goofy but once you get onto it , you will like it.

2014 RAM 1500 BIGHORN V6 8 SPEED TRAN 4x4

by from Ramsey,MN on March 22, 2014

Outstanding truck with great gas milege averaging 23 mpg on hwy and more! Great truck! Plenty of power for a V6.

ECODIESEL!!!!!

by from Springfield, MO on May 20, 2014

I just brought the Ecodiesel and after my first trip i was very impressed! I live in the ozarks where theirs lots of hill and curves and i went 605 miles on one tank and got 27 MPG and had power the whole time never dogged or nothing! Ecoboost never got that.

Best truck on the market.

by from Orlando, FL on November 20, 2015

I have owned a Sierra and driven in F150's but they just feel a little to weak to me. The Ram frame is much more solid, the engine does not work very hard compared to the Triton or GM 5.3L. If I had to sum up my thoughts they are that the Ram 1500 compares with 250/2500 gas trucks by Ford and GM. The 3.92 pulls like a monster, I think that you give up 5 or 10 percent fuel economy over the 3.21. At 70 mph I get 21 mpg, at 80 mph I get 19 mpg. When you hit the pedal at 80 mph the truck jumps forward so I feel plenty of available power. Very comfortable.

No more Fords, No more Headaches

by from Schaumburg, IL. on May 16, 2014

This is my first Dodge Truck. Wow! Great Truck. Driven Ford Trucks all my life, I just got tired of problems and breakdowns. Don't see me ever going back.

EcoDiesel tows 217,000 miles

by from Dayton, OH on September 7, 2016

2014 4WD 3.92 gear 6.4 bed used commercially. Delivers Airstream TTs boats & cargo trailers from manufacturers to dealerships sometimes additionally hauling a Harley or other cargo. Only repairs have been an alignment & light switch both at 196k. The VM Motori diesel now owned by Fiat Chrysler is efficient quiet and smooth as is the German made ZF 8 speed transmission. The truck is quieter smoother handles better and is more road compliant than any other truck thanks to the newer suspension design. (No leaf springs!) The caveat is that without the factory air suspension the coil springs are too soft when loaded heavy and need to be supplemented by one of the aftermarket axle to frame air bag companies. (TLC, Timber Grove, Air Lift) Mileage has been 30 mpg hwy at 65 mph unloaded. With a typical 26' Airstream TT 17 mpg at 65. Mine benefits from an aftermarket tune which provides an engine brake for safely descending a grade with a trailer. It also bumped the power & mileage as well as minimizing the re-circulation of EGR soot through your engine. I've had no emissions problems. The 1500 platform as well as the lil diesel has its limitations if you want to tow a 9,000 pound trailer or 33' TT or larger you would be better served by a 3/4 ton. I would definitely buy another one or recommend this truck to a friend.

Beautiful truck, Has all the features that I want

by from Melbourne, Florida on June 9, 2014

Great truck, It has everything that I wanted on the truck, plenty on storage, I just love the new Ram boxes. It's so quite inside, No road noise at all. Plenty of power.

First time Ram truck owner

by from Fairhaven on November 10, 2014

2014 Ram Sport w/Hemi 5.7 liter V8. Purchased from CSCJD. After many years of purchasing new vehicles, (I'm a senior) I must say that this was my best experience. (Thanks Michael and the rest of the sales staff.) They worked with me to make this a good experience while purchasing a great truck. The quality, both inside and outside, is exceptional. With all that this truck does, I am most impressed with the fuel-saving technology the most. There are too many features to mention here, but I must also mention the EVIC located on the instrument panel. Talk about the driver being in-tune with his truck... Anyway, a good buying experience and a great truck.

EcoDiesel is the "Real Deal"

by from Chicago, IL on July 9, 2014

So after months of research and waiting for the diesel engine, RAM has impressed me with this truck. I purchased a Crew Cab EcoDiesel. How does 30.5 mpg on my first long trip (over 700 miles) sound? Sounds awesome to me! Interior is great, awesome storage for my tools, bikes, luggage, and work boxes. I cannot wait to pull my wrangle for 4x4 excursions. The hands free works excellent for phone calls. I have driven over 2,500 miles and averaged 26 mpg with about 1/3 miles in "city" driving. Very quiet interior and the ride is luxe. I use my truck for use in industrial plants and long distance trips so the diesel will pay off quickly. The additional DET fluid tank should last about 6,000 miles. One needs to drive it before committing to another truck brand.

Nicest truck I've owned

by from NW Indiana on May 21, 2015

2015 Ram Limited After owning 2 F-150's (Plantinum Editions) I decided to test drive the 2015 Ram. Nicer ride, nicer cabin, and really sharp looking. Bought the Limited (5.7 Hemi) and I have all the bells and whistles. I have found this truck to be very reliable so far, getting a combined 16.9 mpg. This is the same gpm I got with the ECO Boost in the Ford. The four corner air suspension works great and comes in handy when hooking up my boat or having my elderly parents entering/exiting the vehicle. Extremely comfortable, good looking and powerful ride. What's not to like! A real head turner.