NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2016 1500

2016 RAM 1500

2016 RAM 1500

Have You Driven the 2016 RAM 1500?

Terrible customer service

by Matt from Pittsburgh pa on Sat Dec 02 2017

I bought a 2016 tradesman in December of 2015. Once I opened the sliding rear window once water leaks in every time I wash/rain hits it. Took it to two dealerships multiple times but each time they made an excuse and didn't fix/replace the seal. I called ram customer care and ended up talking to/emailing some of the most inept people I have ever met who's final response was too bad that your truck is under warranty and now smells musty from all the water leaking in but we're not doing anything. If they are like that with what started as a small issue I'd hate to see what would happen if something major went wrong. This is the third dodge truck I've owned and will be the last for sure.

Does not recommend this car!!

4x4 crew cab with 28 MPG!

by JohnNM on Sun Jul 16 2017

I got the Ram 1500 Ecodiesel and it's worth the extra money. first off, diesels hold their value better and will save you money over time. I really do get 28 MPG on the highway. I got the midrange model, Ram bighorn edition with the 8 inch screen and navigation. The UConnect system is fantastic on this vehicle. I can even track the vehicle on my cell phone! Gets real time weather info including a weather map overlay. Dodge Rams have the best interiors. I would highly recommend the diesel. Its quiet at highway speed and only sounds like a diesel at idle. Even low speed in the city is quiet.

Nicest and newest truck I have ever owned.

by Uncle Mot from Outside Providence on Wed Apr 19 2017

After wanting a full sized truck for a few years, the time was right to go shopping. Using Cars.com, I was able to locate several Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4WD trucks they have listed. I stopped by the most local dealer to my home and within hours the deal was made with all parties coming away happy. All the research has paid off and I am driving the best truck I have ever owned. All the options I wanted are on this truck and the color was my first choice too. Without Cars.com I don't think i would be as pleased as I am with the truck.

Everything is great

by Stan from Jacksonville, Florida on Sat Jul 01 2017

We love it. We mainly bought it to pull our new camper (large). However my wife loves driving it do much , she drives it everyday. Looks great and rides like a car, not a Truck.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

For over 60k I expected a little more

by Dw54547 from Wi on Fri Jan 12 2018

Overall the truck looks and drives nice. On a closer look I feel they could have done a better job with meeting the Box, doors, hood all the lines together don't seem to fit perfect. My problem is I've had the truck into the dealership at least once every two months seems to be electrical every time. The motor has good power up to about 50 miles per hour after that it could definitely use more. When it comes to Towing I'm getting the same gas mileage as any V8 would doesn't seem to have much of a fuel mileage difference. After owning it for 18 months I'm getting about 23 to 24 Highway I don't do a lot of City driving so I don't know. Now my biggest problem is my air ride suspension is stuck down my dashboard lights are flickering my low voltage came on and set my truck into limp mode. I guess this means another trip to the dealership. This is my third Dodge I've owned and honestly every one of them has had some sort of problem. I've had the 2002 which had tranny problems the 2012 which had electrical problems that they cannot identify and again with a 2016 seems to have some electrical issues. I'm thinking of giving GMC a try.

Does not recommend this car!!

Can't brag enough

by Ted from Daytona Fl on Tue May 23 2017

I wish I could find something wrong with this truck. It's the best looking truck on the market, along with maybe the Tundra. I have the sports package, which is really sharp. The cargo system actually allows you to seat other people, instead of having your rear seats full of tools. I accidentally peeled out after getting a car wash just yesterday. The engine is a beast. Gas mileage is amazing on the highway and better than you would think in the city (around 18 in the city).

Just bought a new RAM!

by ashsmile from on Thu Apr 13 2017

We love it!!!! This is an AWESOME truck! I am happy to have purchased such a nice vehicle. I liked the dealership and Emily the customer service rep that helped us but it was great!

Uses car for Towing

Good looking, fuel sipping, dependable daily truck

by EcoDieselFan from Austin, TX on Thu Jan 24 2019

It's a shame they stopped offering the eco-diesel in the RAM 1500, or I'd go buy a new 2019 4x4 now. This has been the most fuel efficient vehicle I have ever owned, regularly getting 31-32 mpg on long trips and averaging about 24 in town. It is the best looking full-sized truck on the market and very well made with tons of utility. Dealers call me all the time wanting to buy it back because it's in such high demand!

Ram first impressions are good

by pkon from Los Angeles on Tue Aug 01 2017

I wanted a cheap work / weekend warrior beater truck, looked at tacoma but was shocked they would not negotiate for a truck. When I test drove the ram, it was like the reviews said car like drive. I like the look and it didn't bother me that it didn't tow as much still was way more than my old tacoma. After owning it for a year, i like the v6 for it's mpg, no where near my i4 tacoma but for a 4.5 ton truck it was ok, avg about 18mpg. But when i'm going up hills what a difference. So far this truck has lived up to my expectations except for the 25 mpg highway i was supposed to get. And another factor is the reliability, only time will tell.

Most luxurious pick up I’ve ever driven!

by Anthony Hall from Chicago,IL on Tue Mar 20 2018

I purchased a ram 1500 Laramie fully loaded. This truck by far is the most luxurious pick up truck I have ever owned. I am a union carpenter and my truck is my life. I highly recommend the Ram for a hard working reliable truck .

Uses car for Towing

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24

Our Take on the 2016 RAM 1500

The verdict: Three years since significant drivetrain and chassis upgrades made it a standout, the Ram 1500 full-size half-ton pickup truck has lost ground to more recently redesigned body-type competitors, but it remains a satisfying truck in many ways.

Versus the competition: It’s not the right choice for the pickup shopper who wants the latest active-safety features or must haul or tow the absolute heaviest loads, but otherwise the 2016 Ram 1500 belies its age.

The 2016 model year sees the introduction of a new top trim level, the Laramie Limited, which shares an updated grille design introduced by the Rebel trim last year and incorporates Argento wood and premium leather inside... Read More