2014 RAM 2500 consumer reviews

side view of 2014 2500 RAM
Explore the 2014 2500 RAM
Shop the 2014 2500 RAM

Safest built truck

I was in a bad accident and wast boned I had broken arm an fingers my 2500 turbo diesel was hit rightfront side then I was thrown into oncoming traffic and hit again after all that just body damage thank goodness frame was not affected this truck and god saved my life and the fact that god protected me the Olive said if I wasn’t in a wellbuilt truck like I was I would have been killed, thank you Dodge Ram for building these so strong I love my Ram 2500 Turbo Diesel Ivan only speak highly of it it’s a 2014 with 17,000 on the mileage and damage cost ins 22,000 to fix!! Love my truck very much luxury thanks Jacqueline

4.4

Ok around town truck

After some long thought, I traded my 2000 Ram 2500 diesel for a like new 2014 Ram 2500 diesel longbed 4X4 last March. The truck averaged 20MPG which was nice, but my only wish was for some payload capacity. Since Ram went to coil springs this truck was rated at only 1970 lbs, which meant it could not haul a slide in camper or a fifth wheel safely. I should of done a little more research. So after 10 months of ownership, I traded it in on a 2018 Ram Dually so i can haul. So basically these new 2500 Rams are a mini van, unless you pull a trailer.

2.1

Lemon!! At least 27 recalls!

This is nothing but trouble. Constantly dealing with problems and recalls. Dealer who fixed the recall issues said he had never seen so any recalls without the manufacturer buying back the vehicle.

Safest and most powerful truck I have ever owned

Bought this truck for two reasons. Safety. Was hit from behind on my motorcycle and am disabled for life. Rear end my truck and you will regret it. Power. If I get better physically I want to tow a big 5th Wheel. Will tow any of them.

Best truck purchase to date

I found a 2014 Ram Laramie Longhorn 2500 4x4 diesel with 45k miles. While I've only had it for 4 weeks I've put 1500 miles on it and I love it. Great look, really cool (imo) interior design and more torque than most people need. I've always been about hp and torque (my trade in was a 2016 Scat Pack I bought new) and while low on the hp scale it makes up for it in torque. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you push it.

4.4

Best truck so far

Truck is great only thing I'm a little upset about is the bezel is damaged but I can deal with it gas mileage is really good as well better than the other truck I had

Awesome truck..

I have the 6.4 gasoline V-8 and pull a 42 ft. Cedar Creek Fifth wheel.. It has plenty of power and gets between 10 and 12 mpg depending on the terrain.. I was born and raised to believe Ford was the best truck on the market.. After test driving my Ram 2500 and comparing prices on new trucks I am convinced Ram is the better value..

Best pulling truck I’ve owned

I bought a 15 Cummins 2500 6.7. Was weary of the 6.7 at first but this thing pulls like there’s no tomorrow. Pulls camper and trailer awesome. Only fall back would be it being sluggish on take off which I think is due to the emissions def/egr etc. Rides like a truck. If you don’t want a truck buy a car.

2.1

No thanks to autobarn

Love the truck but hate the fact that I've had to put so much money into getting and keeping it running the way it's meant to. Automaton claims they usually delete the diesel trucks however it looks like mine got overlooked somehow. No maintenance was done most of the fluids were gone even during the test drive. Reed hooked us up good though and got us going and even sent us most of the needed parts that were either missing or broken/damaged.

Powerful truck!

This truck has some towing power. I had a trailer that weight 30k and for the short distance I drove it, it had not problem pulling it. Nice built in break controller.