2015 Ram Promaster 3500

Awesome New EuroVan Now in US!

by on July 29, 2017

We got a great price on this van, which gives us a bigger budget to convert it into a camper van. I read that 75% of the camper vans in Europe are built on this platform? We got the diesel engine and on our first trip (450+ miles) we got almost 28 mpg, and with some traffic jams in Detroit and Chicago! Talk about an oxymoron -- it has an "automatic manual" transmission. It's pretty cool, like a ghost is pushing in the clutch and shifting! The design of the cargo area really gives a lot of space, and doesn't narrow at the top as much as a Sprinter. This should help our conversion to bit a bit easier. The only thing I would change is the seats; they could go a bit lower for us short folks. Seats are comfy, though. For being a 1 ton cargo van, empty, it was surprisingly smooth and quiet, even on Illinois roads!

Uses car for Havingfun

Promaster Review

by from Salem, OR on August 5, 2015

I have driven many vans in my years of mail delivery services putting many hours and years into each of my vans. The Promaster has pleased and disappointed us as well. Things to like, low cargo floor,proven v6 engine and low maintainance,comfortable driver seat. Things to dislike, No tellescopic steering and school bus positioning, 9 mpg average on the whole fleet of these,constant correction on steering when at hwy speeds. Also not the most attractive. On the flip side it is the cheapest and it does get the job done well.