1992 Saab 900

Saab Story

by from New Windsor NY on February 9, 2010

I loved my Saab. Drove nicely, handled well, very reliable. Mileage was about 25 mpg. Negatives: Heat was never very hot, and I had convertible so FREEZING in winter, Cruise and AC died shortly after purchasing (car was 14 yrs old at that point). When things did break, the parts are VERY expensive and not every mechanic is willing to work on Saabs. During a winter storm, I slid on some ice into another car. Walked away with a bruise on my wrist from the airbag. THAT'S IT. Car was totaled but I was not hurt and the other driver was not hurt and only had minimal damage to his car. Very safe.

The 900S

by from Eugene OR on October 5, 2017

The car met all my MidWest needs with heated seats, plenty of head room and leg room. I enjoyed the 3 door model in which the back seat lays flat allowing for a full sized mattress. The average lifespan for this model when well cared for is: 18 years. Mine proved just that and neared 200,000 miles.