2004 Saab 9 3

A Very Reliable Car

by from on September 6, 2017

This car has been a great vehicle, it has great power, and comfort, all for not a high price at all.

2004 9-3 Aero Conv. For tall ppl

by from Waterloo, NY on April 29, 2014

I just read MR2 review about not for a person over 6' tall. I am 6"6 and believe it or not, I fit very comfortable in it. I have owned several other "sporty cars" and this is by far the most comfortable one yet.

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc

by from Dayton, Ohio on November 25, 2013

My first Saab.... Love it. I've had it almost 3 years, Total repairs- Battery, Starter, 4 New Tires Rear break pads. Bought it with 70 K, now has 110 K. Looking forward to the next 100 K plus. Great C...
My first Saab.... Love it. I've had it almost 3 years, Total repairs- Battery, Starter, 4 New Tires Rear break pads. Bought it with 70 K, now has 110 K. Looking forward to the next 100 K plus. Great Car.

Beautiful and I love my Saab

by from Clayton, NC on February 28, 2013

Perfect for an individual who is done with carpooling and wanting to get back to enjoying driving. Love the heated seats, sunroof and sound system.

My 2nd Saab 93 Convertible

by from Salisbury, MD on November 24, 2012

This is the 2nd 9-3 Convertible I've owned. My 1st was a 2001; I bought it with 48k miles on it in 2007. I loved the style, power and handling, HOWEVER...2001 was not a good year because of an inherent problem with the oil circulation system. A design defect caused the company to extend the engine warranty to 8 years. I had mine for 8 yrs, 9 mos, when the engine seized and died!! I tried to get GM (who owned Saab at the time) to split the cost of a new engine ($3500), but they wouldn't do a thing to help. So, I sold it to a young mechanic who replaced the engine with a used engine and then sold the car for $7500!!! I spent the next couple of yrs with different convertibles: MB 280SLK, Mits Spyder GT and (yes, I hate to admit) Chrysler Sebring. I finally found a 2004 9-3 ARC, with 68k miles. It was near showroom condition and had a perfect CarFax! I fell in love with it and the price was right. So, 2 months later, I am still in love with the style, look, comfort, performance and features!! It feels as solid on the road as any car I've ever owned (over 20) and with its excellent 4-cyl Turbo, I still get nice acceleration AND decent mpg (Avg 25 combined). If you can find one that is in good shape, with a good Carfax and you fall in love with the looks...BUY IT!!! You won't regret it!!!

An ok car

by from Chicago, IL on December 13, 2011

I've driven and owned a couple Saabs in the past couple years. The 2004 9-3 isn't a bad car - in fact on the highway it's great. But overall it's right there in the middle. Reliability was great for the first 4 years, then I started having issues with springs, shocks, the electronic ignition module, creaks/rattles, flimsy trim, etc. Still, parts and service has been pretty easy and honestly that expensive. The engine, turbo, cooling, and transmission have all been flawless over the years. On 15" wheels I feel it handles best and has the nicest ride over the Aeros and later models I tried/owned. I've regularly seen over 35MPG on long summer road trips, and the cavernous trunk can hold a lot! Good starter car, just make sure to buy one for cheap.

drive this car

by from dallas tx on September 21, 2011

none, error, testing, liking oil. lucks don't work possible motor or transmition issue, must ck all your cars very well for any possible issue before you sale them.

Best Car Ever

by from Oakland on July 7, 2011

This Car is the best i have ever seen it runs great and i cant believe i own this car best ever. iLy Saab 93

2004 AERO: 80k later

by from on March 19, 2011

When buying a 9-3, definitely buy the Aero. Styling is great, performance and handling is also great, and comes fully loaded. After 80k miles of driving i came to a conclusion that it is not so comfortable for anyone over 6'. It is a very reliable car, besides a crank pulley seal oil leak at 40k, no other problems. Great car but not for tall people.

Fun and Reliable

by from Cincinnati, Ohio on July 30, 2010

This is the second used Saab Convertible I have owned and have loved them both. They have been extremely reliable and about as comfortable as you can get in a convertible. The electronic top is an absolute luxury, the gas mileage is excellent, and the ride is relaxed and smooth. If maintained properly the Saab will easily go 200K miles without an issue.

Our Expert Review: 2004 Saab 9 3