2005 9-3

2005 Saab 9-3

2005 Saab 9-3

4.2

Have You Driven the 2005 Saab 9-3?

Great Car, Fun, reliable and cheap on gas

by Johnny from NE on Tue Apr 08 2008

So far I'm very pleased with my 05 9-3 2.0t. It has 35k miles on it with no major problems and is still driving like a new car. Pros: Gas mileage- I have the 2.0t and it gets an average 30mpg with a mix of mostly highway and some city. Comfort- I'm 6'4 and have always had trouble fitting into smaller sized sedans. This isn't the case with the 9-3. With the proper seat adjustments, I don't have the sensation that my head is about to go through the roof. Performance- The 2.0t has quite the punch in the higher gears. It's fun and easy to pass slow pokes on the highway. Handling- Compared to my 04 Honda Accord, it handles the corners much better. Turbo- This is my first turbo and I don't think I'll ever get another car without it. It's too much fun! Maintenance- Oil changes are only necessary every 11k miles. It could be more or less depending on your type of driving. Value- you can't get a cheaper luxury car. If you're gonna buy used then you can't go wrong with this one. Saabs have horrible resale value. I guess the demand isn't really there for the used ones. This could also be a "con" depending on how you're looking at it. Cons: Back to gas- If you're gonna own a Turbo then you're gonna have to shell out the extra cash for higher octane fuel. Interior- some paint peeling; very minor but annoying. Exterior- My front badge has already peeled off (replaceable under warranty). Performance- Though the performance is great in the higher gears, the low (mainly 1st) gears leave very little to be desired for. You won't be getting a lot of punch coming off of those red lights. Overall this car is a great value and is really fun to drive. Though, you might find yourself taking lots of trips to the dealership in order to fix the potential paint peelings and badge issues. Even though it's covered under warranty, it's still an unnecessary annoyance (my only major gripe about this car, thanks to GM).

I love my Saab

by Saab lover from Chicago, Il on Fri Jul 29 2011

The Saab accelerates like a jet, handles beautifully and is a pleasure to drive. The heated seats are great for my ailing back. It is the most reliable car I have owned. I originally had a 2005 convertible that was totaled in an accident (I was barely even sore) and I liked it so much, I just bought another exactly like it. I will drive it until it I or it drops.

Saab 9-3 convertible

by Ragtopper from New Jersey on Wed Jan 18 2012

My first 9-3 convertible was a '99--enjoyed it so much that I replaced it with an identical new '05--front wheel drive gets it done in the snow of NJ, and the turbo provides solid acceleration in traffic. Over 30mpg on the highway--computer shows average 24 in mixed driving. Dependable commuter and fun on the weekend....audio plug in center console for Ipod. Factory pirelli P6's are sure-footed. Interior is comfortable, but not inspiring (thanks GM). Overall, good value for the money.

SAAB 93

by gmoney from Woodstock, GA on Mon Mar 19 2012

I purchased my Saab 93 two months ago and so far am extremely pleased. No problems and I'm getting great gas mileage.( it does burn premium ) My car was in good shape outside and like new on the inside. The stereo radio could be better, and because its a Saab there isn't a aftermarket fix. Overall I'm very happy with my choice.

1st Saab, Great experience

by 1st Saab from East Greenbush, NY on Thu Feb 10 2011

Have had my 2005 9-3 for just over two years and 54k miles and have loved every every second of it. The ride is smooth and soothing, the turbo is responsive, and it puts a smile on my face everytime I look at it(I love this car, so I am biased).

Great car

by SaabSnob from Davenport, IA on Mon Oct 10 2011

This was our first foreign car purchase. If you'd told me a year ago I would be a Saab owner I wouldn't have believed you. But now I love Saab. We were looking for a fun 4-seater convertible and the US makers simply don't offer much, so after test driving the A4, 330ci and C70, the 9-3 was just the better deal. The car is a joy to drive and looks great. My only wish is that Saab would offer a true luxury interior like the BMW or Mercedes. The Arc is supposed to be the luxury version but really is nothing more than a wood accented steering wheel. I think its because of this that used Saabs are much much cheaper than its German competitors. We bought ours with 45k miles so there is still a lot of life still in it! Highly recommend the 9-3!

Saab 9-3 linear

by TopGEAR from Chicago, IL on Wed Feb 01 2012

Great car! awesome handling with instant response! This is easily one of the best affordable cars Ive ever drove! Excellent turbo!

Saab Arc Convertible

by 1st time Saab Owner from Kansas City on Fri Apr 30 2010

Bought it used with 33,000 miles in March 2010. One owner trade in on a new Lexus. Great car for the money. With the top up, you do not even know you are in a convertible. 28 mpg hwy and 24 in town.

Comfort and Style!!!

by Love my Saab from Philadelphia, Pa on Mon Dec 08 2008

I love my Saab. Very Reliable and rides very nice. Seats are comfortable. My friend has had her Saab for 10 years and have 200,000 miles on it- I am hoping to get the same on mine!!

nice car

by Romeboy from on Tue Apr 11 2017

Good car haven't had a lot of problems it's worth buying and is great on gas feels nice to drive the sound system the car comes with is actually great you can hear music clear

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2005 Saab 9-3

As long as convertible weather is here, as far as I'm concerned, the automakers can keep 'em coming.

In the past couple of months, I've had the opportunity to test several, including the new Ford Mustang, Chevy Corvette and Mini Cooper ragtops, and loved all three of them.

Recently, another favorite came my way: the Saab 9-3.

After introducing a whole-new 9-3 sport sedan model for 2003, Saab came along for 2004 with its completely redesigned 9-3 convertible, and now, for 2005, that vehicle continues in the lineup with a few minor changes and a new, lower-priced version.

An in-dash navigation system is now offered ($2,295, included on our test car), and three new exterior colors have been added (parchment... Read More