2010 9-3

4.7 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

Alot of People are Missing Out on Greatness

by Snaab in Kansas from Overland Park, KS on March 10, 2011

My 2010 9-3 XWD replaced my 1999 Saab 9-5 SE that was sold with 117k miles on it and still looking new. The 9-3 is comfortable, stylish and fun to drive, of course, it's a Saab. It turns heads all the time, the LED lights over the headlights are attention getters. The real bonus in this car is the cross-wheel drive. It helps with stability in bad weather but is tons of fun in good weather. The car drives and handles like a rear wheel drive sports sedan. I love nothing more than driving with the sunroof open, hugging corners and hearing the throaty dual exhaust. I see very few 9-3s with this body style and my local Saab dealer, the only one in the entire state, that only limited numbers were brought in and sold for 2010. Guess lots of folks missed out on this value-packed and priced little gem! There's always 2011...

Fun, Fast & Intelligent...Typical Swede!

by Ogunquit Beach from Ogunquit, ME on December 23, 2010

0-60 in 6.6 seconds (manual 2.0T) AND 33MPG on Highway?!! Enjoy the silence of your Prius while I blow by you with a smile on my face and no guilt on my mind.

2010 Saab 9-3 Aero

by JM from Connecticut on March 22, 2011

This is my first Saab and judging from my experience so far it definetly won't be my last!! It is THE most comfortable car I have ever owned! It's so much fun to drive and it has everything I am looking for in terms of features and options. The only option my car does not have is the navigation package. Pros: *Comfort *performance *Handling *Saabs XWD system is excellent in bad weather! *Lots of features included in the Aero model. Cons: *Sticker price *position of MP3 input *lack of leg room in rear seat *Doors do not automaticly lock when car is placed in drive. *Cruise control lever is in an awkward place on the end of the turn signal making it difficult to use without accidently using the turn signal. I also considered the Audi A4, Volvo S60 & Infinity G series. I made the right choice in my opinion!!

At these prices, car is a no-brainer

by Frommer from Midwest on March 21, 2013

I acquired my 2010 Saab 9-3 Aero XWD with 3,500 miles on it. I was able to get it for a song, much less than the MSRP on this vehicle was is north of $38K. That means you can get a fantastic european road car for less than the price of a Hyundai. While keeping in mind how huge of a plus that is, here are some other ones: beautiful exterior styling, comfortable and simple/intuitive interior, XWD has you sticking to the road like a slot car in inclement weather, good gas mileage (I get about 24-27 mpg), Aero pkg has a lot of nice upgrades (Bose sound system, side mirror that points down to help you parallel park, LED head lamps that move when you turn the car, ground effects that look extremely sharp without being too close to the ground, etc.), truly impressive passing power on the highway, superb handling, gearbox and clutch have excellent feel, very safe automobile cons (and I really have to reach here): turning radius is wider than you would expect on this vehicle, back seats have limited leg room, Aero sport suspension rides a little rough at times if you live an area that has terrible roads like I do, requires premium fuel on account of turbocharger (though every car in this class probably does), car is a little slow off the line in 1st/2nd gear, there is no warranty due to Saab's liquidation (though there will be continued parts availability as Saab Parts North America is still a going concern). For what it's worth, I have had this car for a year and have not had a single problem. In summation, this car is practically a steal at these prices. If you are looking at this car, you are also probably considering BMW and Audi, and you'll quickly find that those makes are MUCH more expensive, everyone in town has one, and for what they offer over the Saab (if anything) it is not at all worth the additional cost. I would pick one of these up before they are all gone

Best test drive I have had wih a 4cy car

by Basebal Enthusiast from on June 6, 2011

Great value for your money. A car that drives below the radar when shoppers are looking for a great car, at a great value. The 4cy really moves with turbo, it?s enough for my commute. I have always owned German or Japan made vehicles. I had a BMW318is 92 that I gave to my father with 320000 miles, yes 320k, which the Saab replaced. The Saab 9-3 has a lot of hills to climb before reaching the 320k miles. Base on my research of the many cars I drove within $$25k to $$35k. This was the first car that said, (take me home) test drove this Saab 9-3 and pick it up within a week. I was very surprise, especially when is assemble with GMC parts, except the transmission and the engine, thought.

Love this car

by Saab Crazy from Kansas City on August 7, 2011

This is the first Saab I have owned. Previously drove mostly German brands (audi, porsche, bmw). I am so pleased with the total product of this convertible that I wish I had made the switch years ago - would have spared myself much money and anguish. The driveability is very good - doesn't hug the road quite like bmw, but I grew tired of having to give my arms a workout everytime I drove the bmw anyhow. Great job Saab! Hope it continues.

New Saab fan

by dickerin from Houston, Texas on January 30, 2012

I love this car...It is the most fun to drive that I have ever had. It has power, comfort, handling, style, sound system, features including rain-sensing wipers, Home-link, Bluetooth phone, and Onstar and power sun roof. I get 22-26 mpg. The only thing I really don't like is the turning radius. I have only done oil changes at 17K miles. Consumers Reports suggest the car will be very reliable. I wish I had bought a manual transmission.

140,000 miles and drives like new

by dimi907 from Eatontown, NJ on April 25, 2017

I own a 2010 Saab 93 - was able to grab it brand new just before they stopped making them and I'm sure glad I did. This has been the most reliable, fun, solid car I ever drove. I've had Infinity, Audi, BMW, Toyota & Nissans but this one. I thought I would only own it a few years, but I'm in my 7th year and had absolutely no problems with it. I use full synthetic oil every 5k miles and did a major maintenance at 70K and like I said NO ISSUES! As much as I would like to buy a new car now, I can't part with this one because I would love to see how far I can take it - I heard 200K is no problem! but...I don't want to start throwing money into it because my mechanic tells me I won't be happy at the repair costs. Any thoughts??

The value just gets better

by dickerin from Houston, Texas on October 27, 2013

For me, the turbo-charged Saab 9-3 Sport Combi is the ideal vehicle when it come to utility, economy, performance, value, safety and just plain fun. I haul dogs and sporting equipment, so I need a wagon. But, I want to blow off Hemi's at stop lights and on the open road when I need to. The car is fun to drive and that is what I want.

Incredible standard features

by saabnut!!! from st louis mo on September 2, 2010

This is my 5th Saab, need i say more. Saab builds their automobiles to last due to the treaturous conditions in Sweeden, I.E. front wheel drive for the snow and rain.

1 2 3