2003 9-5

3.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

fun family luxury car

by cruzer from on April 8, 2012

never get tired of driving this car, great handling and an excellent stereo system. Comfortable on long trips and easy to get some speeding tickets.

Good mix of power , efficiency, & reliability

by 9-5 Reviewer from Medfield, MA on September 1, 2009

I've owned a 2003 9-5 since new and was looking at my records recently...I've had great luck with repairs, nothing major and I've turned 100k recently. I like this cars combination of power (the turbo 2.3L in the Aero puts out 250hp) and MPG(consistently get 29 mpg highway). The seats are great and has tons of space in the trunk / fold down options. Also traction control in the snow works great !

Great Car

by RICKY from Lowell, MA on February 14, 2010

I love this car, runs great, good winter package, they could of done a litle better with the interior tho, other than that I would recommend this car

nice looking older car

by Joe Saab from Shelton WA on December 27, 2011

This is my 3rd Saab so maybe I'm a Saab junkie. I bought this car because I likr to tool around in a stickshift and this car was in very nice condition for a 2003 and had only 54m miles . All Saabs have electircal issues and this one is no exception, the information display regularly comes up with alerts that propmt a visit to the service center only to find out they were false alarms. Learn to put up with it and turn it off when it pops up. Saab always safe and comfortable ride, this one is my cold/wet weather motorcycle, we need someting like that here in the North west.

Great car!

by Opto Saab Enthusiast from Cary, NC on April 18, 2011

I bought a used saab 95 several years ago. So far, I have had no major problems with my 95. The performance is good and the comfort is excellent. This car is ideal for long rides.

Best car I've ever owned!

by Jimbo from Orange County, Ca on November 18, 2007

This car does everything so well. Tt's the best kept secret on the market. It gets 30mpg on the highway, has great performance, has very low maintenance cost and is just a dream to drive. My next car will be another Saab.

SAABs are the best cars I've owned! On my 5th now!

by Nick from Peoria, IL on April 4, 2013

My 9-5 Aero is the best riding car I've ever owned, which includes a BMW 325I, SAAB 9-3 Aero, VW Jetta turbo, SAAB 900 Turbo, Saturn, SAAB 9-7x. If you want a lot of car for the money, used SAABs are the way to go. You can't buy that much car for the money anywhere else. All european cars have some gremlins, but if you know how to use a computer & are mechanically inclined, you can find how to repair most things on these cars easily. This 9-5 has the best seats of any car I've ever saat in. They are super sporty and comfortable. The turbo 4-cylinder engine gets great highway gas mileage when you want it, and tons of power when you mash down the pedal. Interior is luxurious and driver oriented, which I prefer.

I love this car!

by Saab Lover from Maynard, MA on June 19, 2007

This is the 2nd Saab I've owned - the first a 9-3. As much as I liked the 9-3, I love the 9-5. The car is heavy and hugs the road. I love the design. It is comfortable - I drive about 43k miles a year and have sciatica. This is one of the few cars my back can endure. It is a little fussy starting at the change of seasons when the gas formula changes - it does always start, but it sometimes cranks for a while on the first cold morning start. It is fine from then on. I use 87 octane gas and it is fine, though sometimes the car seems to idle roughly and I have wondered if this is a gas issue. Both of my Saabs (both purchased gently used) have had little things break (the CD player in both, the compass in the mirror of the 9-5, a squeeky front seat). But all were easily repaired, and all repaired at no cost as they were covered by warranty. The ride is very nice - it is easy to speed in this car because at even high speeds there is no shimmy or shake - a lovely smooth, quiet ride. The heated seats are my best friend and it handles well in snow. I love the luxury of this car without spending big bucks (I had narrowed my search to this car or a BMW, and chose the Saab). I have 67k miles on my car, and I would definitely recommend this car.

Great car for the savvy buyer

by bobsaab from Chicago, IL on April 3, 2009

Do Saab's have a "love-hate" following?--For sure. However, if you do your homework, have your Saab inspected by a reputable mechanic prior to purchase, and buy from a reputable dealer, you can get a great deal on a solid, safe, European car for a fraction of the price of a Volvo, Lexus, Toyota, Honda, etc. Bought a used 2003 9-5 Linear with 50,000 miles on it. Had a full inspection prior to purchase--by 2 different Saab specialist shops because I had read about some of the horror stories associated with Saab. Now, 12,000 miles later, I've simply changed the oil with synthetic oil every 4,500 miles and enjoyed a ride with a European luxury feel. Much more solid than other cars in the price range. Do your homework and buy a Saab. Put the money you save back into the stock market...

I will like to buy another sabb 9-5

by muneco from Arizona on October 3, 2010

If you want to save gas, ride a top of the line sedan and still drive it after 324000 miles buy a saab 9-5. i had a bmw and it drives and feels like all other european cars.

1 2