2003 Saturn L

Best performance car and great on gas!!

by from Saint Louis on September 21, 2017

This Saturn L300 is a great performance car the gas last 2 weeks or 10 days it so comfortable inside too wow remind me of a luxury car.

Nice Wagon, But Parts Becoming Scarce

by from Los Angeles, CA on August 26, 2017

I owned a loaded up LW300 and it was a nice wagon, but did require significant maintenance. Eventually lost an engine at 147k miles.

Great performance!

by from on June 15, 2017

This car has met all my needs thus far. Looking for a little upgrade. Will definitely miss this vehicle!

Smooth

by from Houston, TX on August 27, 2016

My Saturn L200 was handed to me by my grandmother last year. Currently only has 26,600 miles and still run great for the age. Haven't had any issues since I owed it as I figured it would require some repair for seating 3 years without moving.

Lw 200 Wagon 2003

by from kentucky on August 25, 2016

Excellent car. I purchased use with $59,000 miles and it currently has $178,000 miles and no problems whatsoever. Most reliable car ever

2003 L200, love it.

by from Washington State on February 10, 2015

This has been the best - had two of the smaller station wagons before. Have towed each one of the Saturns behind the motorhome from coast to coast. Never a problem. It's sad they weren't continued - 2 best friends have Saturns and they feel the same way.

Two L series

by from Central Florida on July 4, 2013

I bought my first L series in 211, It was a 2003 L200, It had 100,000 miles when I bought it. This car was great. Way better than I expected (I paid $2400) Car was solid, economical. What was GM thinking when they killed Saturn? I bought my second L series 2 months ago, a 2005 L-300 with 36K miles. (paid $7K) car is like new, and this one is a 6, powerful and still economical. Nicely equipped. Best of all I have a motorhome and Saturns at superb to tow behind a motorhome. Saturns were highly prized for this duty. Again what was Gm thinking?

Reliable

by from Louisiana on November 19, 2012

I was given this car (2003 L200, purchased in 2002) from my parents at 36,000-ish miles in 2006. The car is now 10 years old has a little over 160,000. I've heard around that this car is known to get 200,000 - 300,000 miles. Very reliable. I've only had maintenance issues come up. Repairs are cheap. I've abused the heck out of this car and it still runs great! My mileage (mostly city) is between 17-21, highway gets about 29. The car does have a problem with things getting broken after a while - this year my glove box level snapped in two and a body molding (?) at the rear window came loose and fell off. The electrical for the background lights in the console has always been iffy - sometimes it dims itself. The biggest dislike about this car is how low to the ground it is. At 5'10", it is a pain to get in and out of the car. When I wear heels, I am over 6' and it is a huge irritant. I can also never see around all of the SUVs and even the cars.. because of the lowness. The color is "champagne" and most people do not see my car. I have to be extra attentive when driving because of this.

Good replacement for older, dead Saturn LS sedan.

by from Pittsburgh PA on April 23, 2012

The only issue we have had with the new (used) L-300 I just bought to replace my LS 1 (that has a dead engine), is the check engine light. It claims that the theromstat is not finding the engine getting up to temperature fast enough on colder days, but no other error codes or issues with heat or running have been found. Probably a bad thermostat, but I'm keeping an eye on it. It is not covered by the warranty the dealer gave, nor the extended power train warranty I bought to go with it. Probably should have been taken care of before it was sold, however.

Owership High

by from Kalamazoo on September 24, 2011

This car has a good look, and good for MI. Winters, The salt prof,dent prof body was a good thing and will look good for years to come. But Ownership was HIGH, cost of service was more than lexus, benz, for such a small motor. L200 60000 miles service was a 1000. lexus was 700. what up with that and I aways perform service on time. NO.more GM

Our Expert Review: 2003 Saturn L