Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2000 LS

2000 Saturn LS

2000 Saturn LS

4.3

Have You Driven the 2000 Saturn LS?

Great car

by Alex from California on Sat Mar 27 2010

I had Saturn before purchased new in 1997 drove 98K miles on it and sold it in 2008. It was still in very good condition. Never gave me any problems just changed driver side axle and air conditioner hose. Now I got another Saturn used but with 38K mileage only on it. Drives like new, luxury and reliable car.

Saturn LS2 has been great

by Saturn Owner from on Sun Jul 05 2009

Bought it used and have kept it for another 6 years. Only our growing family has caused us to sell. Very reliable and useful car. Cavernous trunk made family trips a breeze. Highly recommended.

Great All Around Car and Very Dependable

by Love to Drive My Car from Dallas / Fort Worth , TX on Fri Jun 23 2006

This is my 3rd Saturn and ALL of them have been great cars !! The LS1 special edition with leather has been a great car. My vehicle has over 182,000 miles on it and no major issues at all. It runs great and I still get between 28-30 miles per gallon. This is a 4 cyl with manual transmission and original clutch and water pump. No issue one of Saturn's better cars.

Saturn LS

by Lanajaniece61 from York, PA on Wed Dec 12 2012

I loved my Saturn!!! I bought it used in 2002. The entire time I owned this car I put a starter and coil packs in it. Of course, because of the miles, I did have all the belts replaced. I have 225K on this car which just now has a small oil leak dripping on the manifold. I am a single lady who needs something now that I didn't have to worry about repairs for...otherwise, I would have fixed it and took my chances. I can't believe they did away with Saturns.

Greatest vehicle I have ever owned

by Jack from Three Rivers, Mi on Sat Nov 10 2007

I have driven this vehicle since new and have loved it. I just turned 140,000 miles and the only serviceing has been tires, timing belt, and brakes. I plan to keep driving this car for another 7 years. I still looks like it came off the showroom floor.

im loving it so far

by first time owner from Burlington, VT on Wed Jul 01 2009

this is the first car i have ever owned and i have to say i love it, mine is black cherry, its easy to drive and the saets are very comfortable. i got mine at the right price for high school student and living in vermont havent it in the winter isnt bad either.the only problem i had with it was the alternater died on me but it is 8 years old so things happen.

Problems, problems, problems

by Sadly Saturn from Memphis, TN on Mon Apr 16 2007

The car had numerous problems while under warranty and especially shortly after the warranty had expired. Some of the problems encountered during the warranty included: gas tank cap falling off, brake light switch failed, various rattles. Problems occuring after the warranty expired: 37000 miles - water pump leaked and soaked timing belt. Both pump and timing belt had to be replaced. Not covered by the warranty. Automatic transmission appears to not be cooled properly since the service light comes on in hot weather and/or in heavy traffic. When this occurs the car shifts with a jolt instead of smoothly. Dealer tried twice to fix it and the problem still exists. It now appears the transmission will have to be rebuilt. There were several other problems too numerous to mention. The car is comfortable to ride in. I especially liked the drivers power seat which was very comfortable even on long trips. Overall, I could not recommend this car because of the problems encountered with it. Some of which are still unresolved.

Does not recommend this car!!

My First Car

by LoveMyLenore from on Fri May 09 2014

I bought this as my first car in 2013. At first I was skeptical about buying a car as old as it was, she was a great car, I was very surprised by her performance; she ran great! I only had her for 10 months sadly, but she served her purpose. If it weren't for her, I wouldn't have been able to start living on my own and have a career today.

Great car for your money!

by Ryan from Pueblo, Co on Sun Sep 11 2011

I bought this car about 2 months ago, and it's been a great car. Gets awesome MPG, and is a nice and smooth ride! Was never a fan of Saturn and now that has changed. A really reliable car!

I am a previous car owner of the Saturn LS

by previous car owner from Wilmington, De. on Fri Oct 28 2011

I plan on buying another saturn real soon. The one I previously own was actually loaned to me for 6 months and as far as I was concerned, it was reliable and for the most part dependable. I forgot to mention it was a 4 cylinder. but it ran like a 6 cylinder and I didn't realize it was a 4 cylinder until I had it for 4 months.

1 2

Our Take on the 2000 Saturn LS

The key to freedom and progress is keeping what's yours — and using that as a base to go after more. Saturn Corp., a subsidiary of General Motors Corp., understands this. The proof is in the 2000 LS2, Saturn's first mid-size family sedan.

The new car is good enough to maintain Saturn's 40 percent repeat-buyer rate. It's also competitive enough to take sales away from the Toyota Camry, the Honda Accord and the revised-for-2000 Ford Taurus/Mercury Sable.

Saturn attributes this goodness to "German engineering," because the LS2 is based on GM's German-built Opel Vectra. But the truth is bigger than that.

Saturn buyers historically have gone for practical, reliable cars of modest eye... Read More