1995 Saturn SC consumer reviews

side view of 1995 SC Saturn
Explore the 1995 Saturn SC
4.3

Very Reliable & Great on Gas

This car has been very dependable for me. Very few issues with this car. Would definitely buy again. Affordable and reliable. One con is not much room in backseat.

I cried ....

Loved this car ... actually cried when I had to trade her in. Took delivery in 9/94 and let her go in May 2018. If it weren't for parts getting harder and harder to find, I would NEVER have used her as a trade-in.

Poor man's Porsche

FUN to drive! Reliable, sounds like a lil' hot rod! I now own 2...looking at a third! So fun to find a one-owner with less than 60,000 miles!

4.1

got our money out of her!

The best value I ever got on a car!This SC2 looked good and was very economical! She serviced our family well and had no issues other than normal wear and tear and service. Only negative was the headliner and door panel fabric started to lift off after 15 years.

2.9

I was the crash test dummy

First off i would like to state, that I loved the MPGs this car had..... Secondly; when I got T-boned in this vehicle at 45mph: -Airbags did NOT deploy -passenger door flew open -Both rear tires,wheels, rotors, breaks, and axles were snapped completely off the car. -rear bumper detached -front bumper detached -insurance agent said she'd seen this car totaled with less damage before; but no one survived the accident. I almost lost my life in this car; I would never buy Saturn again.

3.9

Great Car

I love this car. Always responsive when I need it to be, a really easy manual transmission, incredibly reliable.

fun

this car has been dependable and fun to drive with over 250000 miles on it the only problem I am encountering is an oil leak in the valve cover gasket which I will be fixing soon overall I would like to find a second one for my wife to drive because we are getting 45 MPG in this one

4.1

Sweet, simple and snappy

I bought my Saturn new in 1995 and we are still going strong. It has great pick-up from a stop, but not so much when moving above 50. Those plastic, dent-free doors have helped keep it looking good. The engine is so simple, it keeps repair costs down and parts are inexpensive. I buy and change the air filter myself and I am no mechanic. My only complaint is the turning radius -- it should be tighter. It has been very reliable with regular maintenance. I still love the look and feel good behind the wheel.

3.1

Indestructible

194,000miles so far! This car is ridiculous in so many ways. Its cheap, burns oil but with regular maintenance it will last. The interior is cheap, buy seat covers and if you split the seating foam use duct tape to fix it. Keep oil in it and the engine wont break but the trany is a expensive to fix. Believe it or not if you put decent tires on it the car handles really well. I've pushed it past what it should do and it's held well. Depending on snow it fords anything up to 12 inches very well and is light enough to push out of just about anything over that.

2.3

1995 Saturn SC2

Uncomfortable seats, Uses lots of oil....common problem with this 1.9 engine. Only has 56,876 miles on it! Dash rattles! Do not reccommend!