2001 SC

2001 Saturn SC

2001 Saturn SC

4.5

Have you driven the 2001 Saturn SC?

2001 Saturn sc2

by nazzman from Long Island on Sat Jan 02 2016

We have had this car for the past 10 years, and it has 163,000 miles on it. I can honestly say the car has always been very reliable and even with all that mileage on it, is still reliable. The engine has plenty of get up and go and can hold it's own against other cars in its class. I have 5 speed manual transmission. The car is also a lot of fun to drive. I have had other cars from porches right on down the line. Although it is not in the same class a porsche, It is till fun to drive. Aside from some minor cosmetic issues which can be easily corrected, mechanically it is solid. It is quick, comfortable and reliable.

Great little coupe

by Scott from Los Angelas on Tue Feb 12 2008

I bought my 2001 sc2 in 2006, with 73,000 miles on it, it runs great, very reliable, great on gas, great power features. Great value for your money. The only problem i've had with it, is occasionally it will rev higher than normal upon starting, but that's a minor problem. I've put over 20,000 miles on it since i bought it, i've made numerous long trips and i've never had a problem. Road noise is more than i care for but that's expected in a small coupe, also some of the plastic interior is starting to rattle, but other than that it's a great car.

The absolute best car I have ever owned!

by Cheryl from Spring Hill, Floirda on Mon Oct 13 2014

I bought my 2001 brand new. I did not want the sun roof style so I had to wait a week while they had to order a 'brand new' car that had to be built for me. It arrived with 5 miles on the odometer. I have driven it in Massachusetts and down in Florida, it now has 87,000 miles on her. For me, she has been great, loyal, low cost, I still have not had any major expenses, just maintanence and new tires. I love the sporty look, it has plenty of room in it when the seats are folded down. Its peppy and easily manuverable in traffic. Cons: it can be loud inside the car vs more top of the line model cars, and for the size engine, it could be better actually on the gas milege. She still works and looks great. I just wish they still made them with the 2 minor adjustments to the car product I just mentioned.

keeps on running

by Saturn Owner from Oakland, CA on Tue Jan 06 2009

I had a lot of problems with the sun roof, and the front license plate falls off if you sneeze at it, but with 235,000 miles all I've needed was a new manual transmission(~$400)with minimal regular maintenance.

Keeps on ticking

by Judge Fudge from Vacaville, CA on Thu Aug 18 2011

I've owned my SC1 for almost 7 years. I bought it used in '04 for $4900 with 67,000 miles on it. The only major work I had was a gasket ($1400) at around 140,000. That was the only major work I have ever had done on it. It gets decent mileage and runs just fine.

reliable, good on gas

by nowhale27 from toms river, nj on Wed Aug 09 2017

For an older coupe, the Saturn Sc is comfortable, stylish, and reliable. It is extremely good on gas and even after 100k miles still runs very well.

great little car

by me from south dakota on Thu Jul 26 2007

My Saturn has 93K miles on it. I love the 5-speed, it helps to move around in traffic. The only problem I've seen is what is apparently typical of small cars - when the A/C runs, it doesn't have the power it does otherwise (which is great for 4 cyls). Mileage has been approx 30 in town and 34-36 on hwy running at 80-85 mph. The third door is an awesome touch.

SC-2

by clone52 from on Tue Dec 13 2011

Pretty good vehicle for what it was. I drove it a few years. It probably had 60-70K mi on it when purchased from a friend and 121K mi when I was done. 1.9L w/ 5spd Man. What I liked: ~ 38 mpg. Very functional 1/2 door access to the back seat from the driver's side. Loved that. Back seats folded down so I could carry a lot of stuff. Fairly sporty looking and the cockpit was not bad. Sunroof. What I didn't like: Not at all peppy (that's the trade-off for great mpg) Visibility not great, poor at night. Had to replace starter & ignition lock. Sunroof developed leak. Would not pass inspection due to something weird with the computer and temp not getting high enough. Previous vehicle was a Saab so there was really no comparison regarding performance. Now driving a BMW X3 - again, quite a change for me.

love my Saturn

by Becky from Cherryville,pa on Fri Jul 15 2011

Have not had my car long,but am really enjoying it o far. It has enough power to pull out and get moving when you need to but real easy on gas. Would not want to be stck in the back seat for a long trip,but the front seating area is surprisingly roomy. Like the idea of a plastic body too. Keeps the car nicer looking longer.

1 Year and 40K miles in a 01 SC1

by Saturn Owner from Georgia on Tue Dec 22 2009

I needed an american car for work with good gas mileage and this is what I purchased. I average about 34MPG on the highway (mine is the automatic) and high 20's in town. I have driven 40K miles this year and the car has held up quite well. I purchased the car for 3500 with 72,000 miles on the clock, it now has 110,000 miles 13 months later and i've probably spent 1500 on maintenance including oil changes and tires. Good car and much more reliable than my old Ford Ranger but the lack of ABS alone would keep me from purchasing this vehicle again.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2

Our Take on the 2001 Saturn SC

Lots of good things to say about the compact coupe from General Motors Saturn division, such as:

The plastic, never-rust body panels mean five years from now a wash will make the car look just like new.

An access or third door along the driver's side makes it easy to open and then slip in briefcase, duffel bag, groceries or even a kid or two. The third door solves the problem of how to get to that back seat in a two-door coupe.

A 1.9-liter, 124-horspower 4-cylinder engine that delivers 25 m.p.g. city and 35 m.p.g. highway when teamed with a 4-speed automatic that make trips to the fuel pump occasional journeys.

And a price tag within reach of youth or those on a budget, making... Read More