2000 SL

$693 - $4,901  MSRP Range
2000 Saturn SL

4.5

4 out of 5 stars Comfort

Have You Driven the 2000 Saturn SL?

excellent gas mileage

by Bill from Janesville on Sat May 09 2009

This car has excellent gas mileage and is VERY reliable. Also a 2000 saturn is relitivly cheap too buy.

Best car ever!

by beachBaby from Pennsylvania on Wed Sep 19 2012

Of course you need to maintain any car. And if you don't it can be junk. My 00' SL2 has 250,000 miles on the original engine and automatic tranny. Only problems so far is the auto down feature for the window doesn't work and the a/c has a leak.

Best car ever!!!!!

by Rbamford523 from Scottdale, pa on Thu Apr 27 2017

I've had my 2000 Saturn since I bought it brand new. If they still made them?? I would buy another one in a heartbeat!! It's been by far the best car I've ever owned. I'm still driving it 17 years later! Just replaced the frame. It's the body underneath that's rusting out now. Other than that? Everything is the original. I'm sad because I know it's coming to a point where I will have to buy another car. And I'm sure I'll never find another one as good as this. With the exception of the sunroof, I've never had a problem with this car! A+!

A great little car

by streborkb from Dayton, OH on Mon Feb 03 2014

I currently own my third and fourth Saturn vehicle. Of the four I've owned, three of them are/were SL2 models. I am looking for another S-series for my daughter. What few complaints I've read in reviews could be said of virtually any vehicle, but especially small ones. These little cars were SUPERBLY designed with a specific purpose in mind. The two biggest issues of these cars are burning oil and transmission issues - both of which can be PERMANENTLY remedied. I have had friends drive them over 400,000 miles by simply taking care of them. The engines have fuel economy comparable to small cars of it's day, the polymer side panels never rust, the interior is elegant in it's simplicity and functionality. Is it a 'perfect' car? By all means 'no', but you don't pay the PRICE for one either. Aside from the occasional statistical malfunction (inherent in EVERY make/model) or previously abused car, I would say these little cars have better than average reliability and would recommend them to anyone looking for this class of car. I only wish Saturn still made cars.

Was the perfect first car for me!

by rlovett12 from Dublin on Thu May 25 2017

This car just keeps going! Minor repairs come up, as with any car, but if you're good with cars or a practicing mechanic, then this is just the perfect car for you. It's reliable and gets you where you wanna go. Nothing too fancy about it, just a basic car, but you can't beat the price! AND THE MILEAGE!

We purchased this car new and still have .

by Rols from North uh Haven, CT on Sun May 06 2018

Runs good with 350k it has never let me down. For n as meridian car it will put last thing we Japanese cars. I have owned many of these cars an can say the maintance on this car is low I never do much work on it.

Bang for your Buck

by PK418 from Columbus, OH on Fri Oct 21 2011

I bought my 2000 Saturn SL2 from an individual with 137,000 miles already on it. It runs great and the seats are very comfortable. I prefer small cars, so it is perfect for me. Not to mention the 31-34mpg I get in the CITY is awesome!! I got this car for an amazing deal and have had no problems with it. The only thing it lacks is cruise control. I would highly reccommend this car for people looking for an affordable, dependable economy car.

Decent Economical Car

by Cheapskate in a big body from Chicago, IL on Thu Jan 14 2010

Most economy cars don't fit someone my size (6'5" and 260 lbs). I fit ok in this one. I bought it brand new in 2000 and it has been ok. It had some weird quirks in the beginning but it has great gas mileage. Even now, with 150,000 miles, it still gets between the low 30s and 40 mpg. It's starting to leak oil quite a bit now but I can't complain too much. I did need to replace all of the fuel injectors at least once and had some other weird problems. Overall, it's ok for what I call a street-legal go kart. If you don't mind driving a plastic car with no pick-up and you want great gas mileage then go for it. I gave it a 2 for comfort because, even though I fit in it ok for shorter distances, it is extremely uncomfortable when I need to drive it for more than a couple hours.

My Saturn (Dory)

by Saturn SL lover from Houston, TX on Mon Jun 12 2006

I got my saturn sl after my friend totaled my ford escort zx2...but it was best that i got this car anyway!!! My car is very reliable...i've had few major & minor problems but other than that (considering i got it used) i love it. I wan't to get a new saturn ion but i love my sl so much that i'm very hesitant. I get, what seems to me, GREAT gas mileage. While in high school all of my friends stuffed inside the car(total of 6 people in the car) it is just a fun, gas effecient, reliable car!!!

Awesome car.

by JeepGuyinaSaturn from Chicago Burbs on Sat Jun 28 2008

I fell into an SL2 when my brother moved back home and didnt have a job so i took over payments. I love my car! Yes it is very basic (roll up windows, and a tape player) but gas mileage is amazing, I love the way it looks when its all cleaned up. The only thing i can think of that i dont like is because its a smaller car i feel a lot of bumps on the road. I dont like giving it an oil change because you have to be really small to get the oil filter off! overall its an amazing car for your money. I got the car at 94,000 miles and now its at 108 but its still quick!

1 2

Our Take on the 2000 Saturn SL

PARIS — Saturn Corp.'s small S-series sedans might find a better home here. This is the land of little cars — tiny autos such as the Smart, a Swatch Watch-inspired product; a host of itty-bitty Renault, Peugeot, Fiat and Ford models; and the Mercedes-Benz A-Class, the perfect car for upwardly mobile people with overtaxed middle incomes.

In four days here, I've seen six sport-utility vehicles. Four of those were small; two were mid-size American jobs, a Chevrolet Blazer and Jeep Grand Cherokee. Those mid-size SUVs looked liked overpowering giants on Parisian roads.

I've seen no passenger pickup trucks of any sort. They aren't the fashion in this city of narrow side streets and limited parking... Read More