1993 SW

1993 Saturn SW

5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
5 out of 5 stars Reliability
5 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 1993 Saturn SW?

Best Ever

by Sluggo from North Carolina on Sun Jun 15 2008

Absolutely the most reliable car I've ever had, bar none. Bought mine used with already over 200,000 miles, figuring that was a good track record. I was right- next week it will turn over 300,000, still giving me well over 40 mpg highway (provided I avoid ethanol) and has never ever hesitated to start right up whatever the weather. The clutch (changed by 1st owner @ 144k) is still strong and sturdy, handling sure and steady. I'm not really aware of engine noise as the 'pro' reviews bemoan. I love the aerodynamic sensible styling, though I would like a sunroof. At times I wish it were a bit bigger inside, but it has taken what I need to have with me over 25 states (not so good on furniture). And a crucial thing: it's adequately comfortable when I'm on the road for 14 hours at a time. The only nag is she loses a little oil when driven hard all day, which I consider a small price to pay. Three years is a long time for me to own a car but the end is nowhere in sight.

SW2

by SW2 from California on Sun May 21 2006

The best word to describe this car is practical. Most of it is in the additional storage space you get from simply driving any stationwagon but you also get the fold down rear seats for additional storage. However the practicallity transends the simple ability to put more clutter in it. Good for beginners The visibility is very good in the SW2. Which is very good for new drivers who might not be used to lane changes yet. The clutch is very light and easy to shift. Very forgiving transmission. Shift indicator light is good for learning the standard transmission. Performance: I have never had any problems overtaking another car, especially off the line. Breaks are a little weak. The car is very light weight. I have never had a problem with the handeling of this car. The stock bucket seats have kept me in place during high G-force turns. The automated shoulder restraints which tighten during hard acceleration as well as decceleration give me the confidence to push my car a little harder. I feel the SW2 should have never been discontinued.

great handling little hauler

by stan the man from boise idaho on Sun Nov 26 2006

the saturn wagon is a great all-around car, it gets great mileage, has enough power to keep you out of trouble & handles the winding mountain roads like a sports car. the engine is a little nisey but its a small sacrifice to pay.

Our Take on the 1993 Saturn SW

We had the opportunity to drive the 1993 Saturn SW1 station wagon in SpringHill, Tenn., last summer when the automaker unveiled its trio of new cars-the SW1 and SW2 wagons and the SC1 coupe-to the media.

At that time we noted that we liked the car, but not the idea of a station wagon when the public would really enjoy a convertible.

We've now had the opportunity to drive the SW1 in Chicagoland environs and have come to the same conclusion-nice car, decent looks for a wagon, but we sure would like a convertible instead.

Also, every time a wagon comes off Saturn's Spring Hill assembly line, it means one fewer four-door sedan, and they're already in short supply.

The SW1 wagon features Saturn's... Read More